Oscars

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:34 pm

AtomX wrote:
Flint the Dwarf wrote:As long as Pan's Labyrinth takes Best Foreign Language Film, I'll be happy.
Geh.. Forgot to mention this one. Though, it should be obvious given my other comments that I definitely hope it wins, and up until a few days ago I would've said it was a shoe-in, but I've been reading up on the other nominees, and I don't think it's gonna be as clear cut as I had hoped. I mean, I can't say Pan's HAS to win considering I haven't actually SEEN the other films, but I do sincerely hope it does since I absolutely adored the film and think it should've gotten the nom for Best Picture.
I had a feeling... I had a feeling either The Lives of Others or After the Wedding would take Foreign Language, despite Pan's Labyrinth winning just about everything else it's nominated for o_o (The Lives of Others won)
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:51 pm

I'd also like to see V for Vendetta and The Prestige get some kudos, but that ain't gonna happen.

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:58 pm

V didn't get nominated for anything :\ And Prestige got nominated for cinematography and art direction, but Pan's Labyrinth got both of those.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:03 pm

requiett wrote:I'd also like to see V for Vendetta and The Prestige get some kudos, but that ain't gonna happen.
I don't know. I liked V but overall it was a decent movie DESPITE the Wachowski brothers fucking with story. It certainly didn't deserve any awards, other than perhaps 'didn't fuck up the original as badly as comic adaptations usually do'.

Shazzy
Org Profile

Post by Shazzy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:17 pm

The Prestige should've received more recognition.
AMV guides for Mac users
DOWNLOAD THIS AMV
Quarter-life crisis: a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you.

Return to “General Discussion”