hooray for Bill Gates the dad

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

hooray for Bill Gates the dad

Post by jasper-isis » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:14 pm

I don't agree with Engadget's angle on this article, but it seems (most of) the reader comments have got it right:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/21/bill ... rnet-time/

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:20 pm

*shrug* I think it's a reasonable thing to do, depending for what of course. I generally do agree that, well, kids shouldn't be allowed to run completely loose.

It'd been the same way with me and parents; not sure what the result was entirely though - it caused my parents to develop an irrational hatred of computers (which I'm sure Bill doesn't suffer from), and here I am addicted to it anyway. :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:24 pm

Reason # 1,025,914 to hate blogs. They mention the entire blog is based on a news report but won't link to the fucking news report. But they make damned sure to link to their own blog repeatedly with keywords that have nothing to do with the damned story.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:31 pm

Bill Gates has had sex?
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:37 pm

Flint the Dwarf wrote:Bill Gates has had sex?
He has the money to pay for it. Unlike the virgins around here.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:40 pm

Eh, I've got more than enough money to pay for it.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:44 pm

Flint the Dwarf wrote:Eh, I've got more than enough money to pay for it.
Hah, indeed. One of my excuses up to a year ago was "I can't afford dating", but that's no longer true either. :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Ayanefan
Org Profile

Post by Ayanefan » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:30 pm

Good for him and screw that stupid reporter. I know when my daughters have more than 30 minutes of TV they become uber-hard-headed and won't do a thing without you losing patience at them... and they're only 6 and 3.
I totally dissagree with using the internet as a main search tool, I say go through books first, then internet ( this is while they're in school, after that use what you want). Also, I've seen so many kids that can't even spell nowadays and the teachers pass them because they can use spellcheck in Word, WTF!!!!

Shazzy
Org Profile

Post by Shazzy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:12 pm

Really depends on the kid, though. My parents tried to "clamp down" on computer usage when I was a kid (starting around age 10 like Bill's daughter), which meant I just used it when they left the house. When they found that out, they tried using lockout software, which I hacked through. It was nuts...mostly since I was already a straight A student involved in lots of extracurricular activities. Most of my computer time was spent productively, anyway...made me able to start in a cushy computer programmer job first year of college. Don't punish a self-regulating kid like that, trust me, it doesn't work. :p

And, oh yeah, 45 minutes a day is pretty harsh for how much everything uses computers nowadays.
AMV guides for Mac users
DOWNLOAD THIS AMV
Quarter-life crisis: a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you.

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:31 pm

that game is the lemmings. i would always get sick of that game in 10 minutes :/
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

Return to “General Discussion”