hooray for Bill Gates the dad

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

hooray for Bill Gates the dad

Postby jasper-isis » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:14 pm

I don't agree with Engadget's angle on this article, but it seems (most of) the reader comments have got it right:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/21/bill ... rnet-time/
jasper-isis
P. Y. T.

Postby Otohiko » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:20 pm

*shrug* I think it's a reasonable thing to do, depending for what of course. I generally do agree that, well, kids shouldn't be allowed to run completely loose.

It'd been the same way with me and parents; not sure what the result was entirely though - it caused my parents to develop an irrational hatred of computers (which I'm sure Bill doesn't suffer from), and here I am addicted to it anyway. :roll:
Otohiko

Postby godix » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:24 pm

Reason # 1,025,914 to hate blogs. They mention the entire blog is based on a news report but won't link to the fucking news report. But they make damned sure to link to their own blog repeatedly with keywords that have nothing to do with the damned story.
godix
a disturbed member

Postby Flint the Dwarf » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:31 pm

Bill Gates has had sex?
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.
Flint the Dwarf

Postby godix » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:37 pm

Flint the Dwarf wrote:Bill Gates has had sex?

He has the money to pay for it. Unlike the virgins around here.
godix
a disturbed member

Postby Flint the Dwarf » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:40 pm

Eh, I've got more than enough money to pay for it.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.
Flint the Dwarf

Postby Otohiko » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:44 pm

Flint the Dwarf wrote:Eh, I've got more than enough money to pay for it.

Hah, indeed. One of my excuses up to a year ago was "I can't afford dating", but that's no longer true either. :roll:
Otohiko

Postby Ayanefan » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:30 pm

Good for him and screw that stupid reporter. I know when my daughters have more than 30 minutes of TV they become uber-hard-headed and won't do a thing without you losing patience at them... and they're only 6 and 3.
I totally dissagree with using the internet as a main search tool, I say go through books first, then internet ( this is while they're in school, after that use what you want). Also, I've seen so many kids that can't even spell nowadays and the teachers pass them because they can use spellcheck in Word, WTF!!!!
Ayanefan

Postby Shazzy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:12 pm

Really depends on the kid, though. My parents tried to "clamp down" on computer usage when I was a kid (starting around age 10 like Bill's daughter), which meant I just used it when they left the house. When they found that out, they tried using lockout software, which I hacked through. It was nuts...mostly since I was already a straight A student involved in lots of extracurricular activities. Most of my computer time was spent productively, anyway...made me able to start in a cushy computer programmer job first year of college. Don't punish a self-regulating kid like that, trust me, it doesn't work. :p

And, oh yeah, 45 minutes a day is pretty harsh for how much everything uses computers nowadays.
AMV guides for Mac users
DOWNLOAD THIS AMV
Quarter-life crisis: a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you.
Shazzy

Postby downwithpants » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:31 pm

that game is the lemmings. i would always get sick of that game in 10 minutes :/
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>
downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person

Postby Kusoyaro » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:06 pm

I find it hilarious that he had to clamp down because she got addicted to one of his own products (Viva Pinata on 360).
I have no idea how to use this new forum.
Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!

Postby Minion » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:07 pm

thats like a cigarette company executive's daughter getting hooked
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes
Minion

Postby Flint the Dwarf » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:18 pm

That's like a completely useless simile.
Flint the Dwarf

Return to General Discussion