Newsletter interviews

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Newsletter interviews

Post by godix » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:53 am

So being the arrogant fuck I am I couldn't help but notice that, yet again, I am not the person interviewed for the AMV newsletter. So I decided to rectify that. If any of you fuckers want to interview yourself as well, feel free.

Godix is an American editor best know for always knowing where the subtle line between humor and just plain bad taste is. It doesn't stop him from crossing it of course, but he is usually fully well aware of where it is while he's stomping past it and straight into the necrophilia bestiality jokes. He is the founding, and only, member of the studio 'My studio is so cool that you all suck to much to join it.' His skill with the ladies is world renown and to date there are dozens of hot young 18 year old buxom women who have managed to stop vomiting at his suggestions of an intimate night together long enough to slap the holy bejesus out of him. He took time out of thinking up similes involving dogs, vomit, horse sex, and rusty razor blade for his next op to answer a few questions for us:

Interviewer: So what interested you in this hobby to begin with?

godix: Well after the comic book nerds totally whipped my ass one day I was looking for a hobby full of people so out of shape and of such obvious low intelligence that they either wouldn't understand I was insulting them or wouldn't be able to do anything about it if they ever figured it out. Anime nerds were the obvious choice but some anime nerds take this shit way to seriously and learn martial arts and the like. So I needed a segment of anime nerds that were even bigger losers than the furries. While scouting an anime con to find just the right niche I saw a ramonesfan video. I instantly knew that AMVs were the hobby I was looking for.

Interviewer: So have you had any difficulties from the AMV community?

godix: Not really. Most of them are too lazy to get out of their chair so it's a fairly safe group to taunt. A few of theme manage to move their carcasses enough to go to cons and try to pick up 12 year old cosplayers but even there I don't have difficulty. When they look like they're about to swing at me I hide behind my wife. They're so mesmerized that there is an actual female around them who isn't running in fear they forget all about punching me.

Interviewer: So you've made a number of videos but you're most known for your extravagant over the top insults to people. Why?

godix: Because most people assume I'm joking. People will calmly accept and agree with you when you tell them that their editing talents compare unfavorable to a four year old drawing pictures on the wall with his own crap. If you just said 'you suck' they'd get all defensive and shit. It takes a very rare person to realize that even if I am joking that doesn't mean they don't really suck.

Interviewer: One last question. What can we do to make you stop and just fucking go away?

godix: A blowjob every day for the rest of my life should do it.

Interviewer: *SLURP*

godix: Goodbye.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:00 am

Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:03 am

interviewer: so i hear you liek mudkips
Minion: *stab*
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:32 pm

lol Godix. I actually made a journal entry about the stupid interview thing.
My rarely updated journal wrote: Every time I read the AMV Newsletter I want to shoot myself.

I'm such a selfish egotistical full of myself person. And the jealousy is amazing.
Almost every update i go "How come *I* wasn't interviewed?!" I guess it's because I'm not that great of an editor, am not cool, have not made any awesome contributions ot the .org or anything.

But I WILL, damnit! I Will!

... I just haven't gotten around to it, yet.

<insert actual entry here
Where did the mudkips meme come from anyway?
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:38 pm

The interview is dead to me until I get interviewed.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:56 pm

Beowulf wrote:The interview is dead to the world until I get interviewed.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:01 pm

Flint the Dwarf wrote:
Beowulf wrote:The interview is dead to the world until I get interviewed.
fix'd for proper vanity :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:19 pm

When is this site ever going to add more interviews to the actual Interviews section?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:25 pm

When I become an admin. >3
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:29 pm

Scintilla wrote:When is this site ever going to add more interviews to the actual Interviews section?
When there's someone interesting enough to interview that we can't already find out more info on as it is. Between the journals, IRC, the offsite blogs often linked to in a persons profile, and their forum posts I know more about the people I'd find interesting interview subjects than an interview would have. I mean look at the questions in the newletter interview that prompted this parody. "When did you start", "how were you introduced to amvs", "difference in American and European communities", and "any advice for other people". I could probably make up answers to these questions for most prominent people on the org and come pretty close to correct. Lets try an mock example with someone active in the donators forum:

Question: So today we're interviewing SQ. Lets get started. When did you start making videos.

Fake SQ: I've been editing since 2001.

Question: How were you introduced to AMVs

Fake SQ answer: I first started editing after I saw Meri's old AMVs. But back then, I didn't have the computer nor the knowledge to make my own videos. So I did the next-best thing. I got a downloadable software named RealSlideShow(no longer available). As I progressed through my slideshow making, I got to know the software inside and out, knew it's limits and did what I could with it for about a year, until I got one of the best presents of my life. My brother gave me Dazzle, Adobe Premiere 6.0, Photoshop, and Windows Movie Maker for Christmas.

Question: So what differences have you noticed between the European and American communities?

Fake SQ answer: Totally irrelevant because I'm not a European editor.

Question: Ok, lets make up a question that's relevant to the editor. Why do you do the AWA documentaries?

Fake SQ answer: I'm currently working on a BFA in Digital Movie Production and an AS in Digital Production(basically the same thing but it includes more audio work). I am really interested in camera handling and these docs.

Question: Any advice?

Fake SQ answer: It's not how many videos you make, it's how well they turn out.
I can honestly tell you that I spent a lot of effort on each and every one of them, and in my videos' cases, it was usually too much effort, leading into headache. Which leads to bad editing. It's a proven fact that you do better when you have fun. If you hate the video while you're working on it, it will most likely suck in the end. It can also go the other way. If you love your anime too much, you may not want to cut it up, and then you have a bad video with scenes going on for too long.

End of interview.

Note that each answer is directly copied from her profile. Not to dismiss TJ who did the recent newsletter interviews but an interview just isn't all that great a format for a community like this. The best interviews are when the interviewer tosses out the questions and lets the conversation dictate what will be asked. We already have that though. It's called the forums.

Return to “General Discussion”