Reading Material?

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Postby Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:53 pm

dokool wrote:
Minion wrote:i keep meaning to post dokool's 24 badge. i need to find where i put that nerdy thing :roll:

Given that I've already posted myself in a suit standing outside Adobe's offices, I don't see how my TFing can top that :P

Image...... too much airflow... no I think is from the inside of his brian pop out Image
Ch3aLs3A L!n@

Postby dokool » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:29 pm

Ch3aLs3A L!n@ wrote:
dokool wrote:
Minion wrote:i keep meaning to post dokool's 24 badge. i need to find where i put that nerdy thing :roll:

Given that I've already posted myself in a suit standing outside Adobe's offices, I don't see how my TFing can top that :P

Image...... too much airflow... no I think is from the inside of his brian pop out Image

I can't tell if you're writing in English or Retarded. Clarify?
dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash

Postby Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:49 pm

:lol: XDD

ur cool nerd :lol:
Ch3aLs3A L!n@

Postby dokidoki » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:33 pm

dokool wrote:I can't tell if you're writing in English or Retarded. Clarify?

Bago ka bumati ng sa ibang uling, uling mo muna ang iyong pahirin.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki
Free games! (some left) // "Anybody want a pizza roll?"
dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y

Postby SarahtheBoring » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:38 pm

Finished the Battle Royale manga yesterday. Which is ten percent reading and ninety percent "if that character repeats that same line one more time, my head is going to explode." Clutch shot! Clutch shot! No love for Mitsu! Seal of approval! Do right by her! Do right by her! Clutch shot! ...!

I have the BR novel, but have no interest in reading it. It was sickly entertaining once, but running twice through the same story in a row is kind of a slog. Which I hate to admit to the person who lent it to me, y'know?

Before that was some boring nonfiction (Against Depression, which was OK, but not what I thought it was; and Who Stole Feminism?, which was OK and exactly what I thought it was) and The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, which was fun. Michael Chabon gets a lot of attention around here, but I hadn't read any of his books before. It was intentionally pulpy, but didn't seem drippingly condescending and "ironic." I appreciate that.

Before that, it was a handful of pulp series - Earthsea, The Dresden Files (which are not remotely as terrible as the TV show) and Discworld - coming off an intermittent tear of Haruki Murakami novels. Even though I still haven't liked any of them quite as much as Hard-Boiled Wonderland & the End of the World, the first one I read. :(

Now, the only thing I have left is a compilation of Harlan Ellison short stories which could be used to bludgeon somebody to death. I suspect since a lot of it came from the '60s, some of it is good and some of it is masturbatory pomo crap, but we'll just have to see.

/very bored reader of lots and lots of very trashy fiction
SarahtheBoring

Postby dokool » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:40 pm

SarahtheBoring wrote:Finished the Battle Royale manga yesterday. Which is ten percent reading and ninety percent "if that character repeats that same line one more time, my head is going to explode." Clutch shot! Clutch shot! No love for Mitsu! Seal of approval! Do right by her! Do right by her! Clutch shot! ...!

I have the BR novel, but have no interest in reading it. It was sickly entertaining once, but running twice through the same story in a row is kind of a slog. Which I hate to admit to the person who lent it to me, y'know?

It's a pity you wore yourself out on the manga, b/c the novel is actually the best version of the story overall IMHO.
dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash

Postby Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:46 pm

dokidoki wrote:

Bago ka bumati ng sa ibang uling, uling mo muna ang iyong pahirin.

huh! Image wow.... kabaro ko ata yan. Image

*snickers* Damn... Image I can't open this shit! :lol:
Ch3aLs3A L!n@

Postby dokidoki » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:25 pm

Ch3aLs3A L!n@ wrote:
dokidoki wrote:Bago ka bumati ng sa ibang uling, uling mo muna ang iyong pahirin.

Hindi ako marunong mag-Tagalog. :sweat: Alám ko Google. :)
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki
Free games! (some left) // "Anybody want a pizza roll?"
dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y

Postby Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:47 pm

dokidoki wrote:
Ch3aLs3A L!n@ wrote:
dokidoki wrote:Bago ka bumati ng sa ibang uling, uling mo muna ang iyong pahirin.

Hindi ako marunong mag-Tagalog. :sweat: Alám ko Google. :)

Imageow! ...... I z ImageImage

Image Alam ko lang too Google, Altavista and Yahoo!Image
Ch3aLs3A L!n@

Postby SarahtheBoring » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:11 am

dokool wrote:It's a pity you wore yourself out on the manga, b/c the novel is actually the best version of the story overall IMHO.

Oh, I think I'm up for reading it - just not back to back. I'll probably give it back and borrow it again later.

I had wondered whether the novel had enough time/space to develop the side characters a little more - a lot of the one-shot-ness around the edges in the manga was just due to having an insanely large cast and a short series. So that's good to know. :)

(And I wouldn't say that the central characters were badly done in the manga, even if repetition of key flashbacks wore me out sometimes. The author(s) even used repetition to good effect at times by changing the context. That sounded so dry, but I'm trying not to ramble on spoilerifically. Anyway.)
SarahtheBoring

Postby Minion » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:40 am

dokool wrote:

Given that I've already posted myself in a suit standing outside Adobe's offices, I don't see how my TFing can top that :P[/quote

i actually found it by mistake. was looking through the voting tab and saw the 24 thread. went in to vote against it. i scroll through about half of the page, and stop randomly, and BAM!
"what the fuck? is that dokool?"
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes
Minion

Postby Nessephanie » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:58 am

She's obviously not native to english, give her a fucking break. :roll:
Nessephanie
Cookie Monster

Postby dokool » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:11 am

Minion wrote:i actually found it by mistake. was looking through the voting tab and saw the 24 thread. went in to vote against it. i scroll through about half of the page, and stop randomly, and BAM!

I need my morning entertainment just like everyone else :P Besides, I know I'm not the only AMVer who posts there, as I've seen Kusoyaro's name pop up a few times each week.

Nessephanie wrote:She's obviously not native to english, give her a fucking break. :roll:

Not being native to English is one thing, but going out of your way to make your posts more unreadable by hotlinking ungainly large smilies is another matter entirely and more than worthy of scorn and derision. I don't know about your browser, but the titlebar on mine says a-m-v.org, not Gaia.
dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash

Postby Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:44 am

dokool wrote:
Nessephanie wrote:She's obviously not native to english, give her a fucking break. :roll:

Not being native to English is one thing, but going out of your way to make your posts more unreadable by hotlinking ungainly large smilies is another matter entirely and more than worthy of scorn and derision. I don't know about your browser, but the titlebar on mine says a-m-v.org, not Gaia.

Ok....... one thing for sure your KURWA! now I don't know how deep you can understand English :roll: pero isa kang Mangmang or inutil na walang edukasyon! that's all I can say to you.

Try to look up THAT in the web as you think to yourself is not retarded.

I think your the only one mongoloid that I ever met here though..........
the others have a better brain than you, I guess. :uhoh:
Ch3aLs3A L!n@

Postby Minion » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:56 am

dokool wrote:
Minion wrote:i actually found it by mistake. was looking through the voting tab and saw the 24 thread. went in to vote against it. i scroll through about half of the page, and stop randomly, and BAM!

I need my morning entertainment just like everyone else :P Besides, I know I'm not the only AMVer who posts there, as I've seen Kusoyaro's name pop up a few times each week

i've been on tf for only about 6 months.
someone sponsored me cause i said something funny. then a tfer offered more sponsorship if i did a logo for him.
so thus far, drew hasn't gotten a cent from me
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes
Minion

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion