Windows VISTA - Seriously Scary!

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
rubyeye
Org Profile

Windows VISTA - Seriously Scary!

Post by rubyeye » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:32 pm

I haven't been following everything that's new with the VISTA operating system, but I'm always interested in the "security" issues and this week on the Security Now! podcast, they talk about how and why Windows Vista has incorporated the most pervasive and invasive system for digital rights management ever created, AACS.

This new generation of encrypted media is so obnoxious.

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:31 am

You know... I have mixed thoughts on this.

AACS is the devil. On the other hand, I don't think people are going to care much. Lets face it, adding a chip that handles AACS is going to be just about as tough as dealing with directX. After about a year, once everything is compatible, almost nobody will even notice.

So, you get a fancy monitor with an HDMI cable..
You get a video card with HDMI output.

The dual core, and quad core systems are getting fast enough that they can deal with the encryption, PLUS at some point somebody is going to figure out a way to decrypt the system.

Again, I don't think people are going to even notice. Much.

I've been using build 5600 for a while now. It is pretty stable, fast and looks good. It has a lot more intuitive features, than the previous versions. When version 6.1 hits the market 'for real'... who knows.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:56 pm

windows should of stopped at 98, XP sux and i'm sure vista will too.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:06 pm

guy07 wrote:windows should of stopped at 98, XP sux and i'm sure vista will too.
That has to be the single dumbest sentence anyone has ever said since, well, the one time I told my wife I loved her.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:14 pm

guy07 wrote:windows should of stopped at 98, XP sux
What the hell? WinXP may not be mind-blowing, but it's a far sight better than Win98, especially where stability is concerned.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:21 pm

Scintilla wrote:
guy07 wrote:windows should of stopped at 98, XP sux
What the hell? WinXP may not be mind-blowing, but it's a far sight better than Win98, especially where stability is concerned.

There's no sense trying, Scintilla. It's like trying to teach the floor how to read. Or maybe the ceiling since that's higher.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:58 pm

godix wrote:
guy07 wrote:windows should of stopped at 98, XP sux and i'm sure vista will too.
That has to be the single dumbest sentence anyone has ever said since, well, the one time I told my wife I loved her.
Come on man, find a new gag.

Nessephanie
Cookie Monster
Org Profile

Post by Nessephanie » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:18 pm

Beowulf wrote: Come on man, find a new gag.
I agree. The 'I hate my wife' thing has been played.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:10 am

Yeah, true XP is more stable and secure, but it's default template is my real beef, it looks like shit and slows ur computer down a bit. The moment i got XP i switched my template to the 98 one. I changed as much back to 98 style as i could. I just don't like it, i'll leave it at that.
PS: godix, don't listen to them, u hating ur wife is hilarious. Too bad she's actully a nice person or it'd be funnier : /

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:03 am

your basing your dislike of xp on the default setting that nobody keeps anyways? BRILLIANT!
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Return to “General Discussion”