What does everyone do for a living?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Beowulf
Org Profile

What does everyone do for a living?

Post by Beowulf » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:46 am

With all this technical knowledge and computer nerdery, do we have a bunch of media studies types? Is your profession in any way connected to your knowledge of AMVs? Or are you a marine biologist (why is everyone a damn marine biologist!)?

If your still suckling the states teet, then say what you PLAN to do for a living. :up:

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:52 am

I PLAN to go into music production and business. And if I ever take my bass more seriously, I might get into writing and recording.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Re: What does everyone do for a living?

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:06 pm

Media type? Yayuh. I'm still a student, but I'm also a print reporter and freelance photographer. If I'm lucky, I'll get the production manager job I want in April :F

AMVs make broadcast and radio class easy though. Heh.
Beowulf wrote:Or are you a marine biologist (why is everyone a damn marine biologist!)?
Haha, I went through a phase where I wanted to be a marine biologist in grade seven :lol:

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:48 pm

I'm a student in new media studies, and I'm working part-time. I started in fast food (back in high school), went to waitressing after my first year of college, and now I'm in retail. Yaaaay.

I have an Administrative Assistant certificate, so I am qualified to work in an office, but there's no part-time work available for that.

Kai Stromler
Org Profile

Post by Kai Stromler » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:49 pm

I do second-line support for semiconductor capital equipment. When the field service techs can't fix the machine, I'm the guy who tells them that it's probably not a software problem and they need to call one of our hardware guys. It's a living, plus the problems are usually interesting and I get to travel all over the place on someone else's dime.

Ideally, I'd be making a living as a writer, but as soon as I finish writing a book, I just kind of leave it and am too lazy or disinclined to to demo it around to publishers and stuff. Music I do with the intent of never getting paid for it; I'm planning to get a MD player in the near future so that I can release a comp of my old demos, then investigate about a GarageBand or similar rig so that I can start recording again, but the point of all this is to occasionally sell a CD or 2 for 3 bucks at some other band's show.

--K
Shin Hatsubai is a Premiere-free studio. Insomni-Ack is habitually worthless.
CHOPWORK - abominations of maceration
skywide, armspread : forward, upward
Coelem - Tenebral Presence single now freely available

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:59 pm

I'm a graduate student (Master's program, 1st year) and teaching assistant in Linguistics, more specifically Applied Linguistics, with a focus on Genre Studies, Systemic-Functional Theory and Critical Discourse Analysis. Basically I pick at language for a living.

As a TA I mostly graded stuff and consulted students up to now, but this semester I'll be doing more classroom work with discussion groups and such. Should be fun enough.

In the future? Well if I live long enough, I plan to get a PhD and end up - or rather continue and move up in - University research and teaching. :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:02 pm

Oh, PS - I wanted to be a Marine Biologist. In fact if I had stayed in Russia, I most probably would have been :lol: Seriously.

And yea, my professional life hasn't got a thing to do with AMVs :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:08 pm

I'm a professional college student.

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:31 pm

i'm a graphic artist by trade, but i'm working as tech support for ABC liquor in florida right now.
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:32 pm

Zarxrax wrote:I'm a professional college student.
Close enough.

I'm a student. I have a part-time job doing systems administration. Like tech-support, only with more to worry about and all the people change less.

Return to “General Discussion”