conspiracy theories

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Re: conspiracy theories

Post by Kalium » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:11 pm

Arigatomina wrote:Any creationists on this site? Do you believe the dinosaurs died because they didn't fit on the ark?
I know of at least one. Given the sheer number of creationists running around, there are most likely going to be a few here. Now, if they would expose themselves, things might be more interesting.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:20 pm

I personally dread this sort of discussion (creationists vs. otherwise), not because it's not interesting but because I already know where it ends up going. I'm yet to see one that didn't end up with everyone inflamed and pissed at each other. Same reason I dread political discussions with obvious left and right participants.

As far as debunking, though, I think a measured approach is needed. Certainly when it approaches something on the level of being a common opinion, it needs to be countered. When it's out there in the minority, perhaps not bothering is the best strategy - the problem is that as soon as you try to disprove it, they jump and declare that "aha, we made them react - they're scared! look at how stupid their new proofs are!"
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:35 pm

Ok, I'm going to add one thing and one thing only at this time,

The field of radiation to which your mom reffers is not rediculous does exist, and is fairly strong from i know about radiation (which is not much)

It is known as the Van Allen Radiation Belt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Allen_radiation_belt

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:39 pm

Wikipedia wrote:In Tezuka Osamu's manga series "Astro Boy", Astro Boy uses the Van Allen Belt to destroy parasites from outer space.
If AstroBoy's Wrong I don't wanna be right.

starcat09
Org Profile

Post by starcat09 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:39 pm

It does exist! :O

But there's something on there that's also interesting:
Wikipedia wrote:Proponents of the Apollo Moon Landing Hoax have argued that space travel to the moon is impossible because the Van Allen radiation would kill or incapacitate an astronaut who made the trip. James Van Allen himself, now deceased (August 9, 2006), dismissed these ideas.In practice, Apollo astronauts who supposedly travelled to the moon spent very little time in the belts and would have received a harmless dose. Nevertheless NASA said that they deliberately timed Apollo launches, and used lunar transfer orbits that only skirted the edge of the belt over the equator to minimize the radiation. Astronauts who visited the moon would probably have a slightly higher risk of cancer during their lifetimes.

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:43 pm

I unlike Oto think there could be a civil Creationist debate, and if you guys start one let me know, because that is where philosophy becomes extreamly interesting.

Thomas Aquinas Vs. Etc.

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:49 pm

Fall_Child42 wrote:I unlike Oto think there could be a civil Creationist debate, and if you guys start one let me know, because that is where philosophy becomes extreamly interesting.
It's not even civil on philosophy boards, so I don't know why it would be civil here :o

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:51 pm

Tsunami Jones wrote:
Fall_Child42 wrote:I unlike Oto think there could be a civil Creationist debate, and if you guys start one let me know, because that is where philosophy becomes extreamly interesting.
It's not even civil on philosophy boards, so I don't know why it would be civil here :o
Ok yeah this is true, but Philosphy insults are some of the best i have ever heard or read, I want to see more of those.

:o

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:01 am

FC, you should've been around in the old phorum. We still had some assholes, but there were actually quite a few civil debates. Not on as large a scale as what we'd get today, but civil nonetheless.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:02 am

Damn I would have Rather Enjoyed those.

Return to “General Discussion”