So honestly

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

So honestly

Postby Beowulf » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:45 am

Is the org going down or up? We're all older, and I don't care nearly as much as previous years, but there seems to be kind of a "wasteland" feel to the forums in the recent months.
Beowulf

Postby Zarxrax » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:12 pm

Maybe it should go down, then be reborn as a private site only for us donators.
Zarxrax

Postby Arigatomina » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:51 pm

Every year gets worse. I remember 2004 being good, but not much from 2005, and about nothing of 2006. The forum is even worse. The only interesting threads are the beaten-horse threads and they're locked as soon as they pop up, or spammed and then locked. The only trolls now are in the contest section and the journals, and they're just sad immitations of the really annoying guys we used to have.

Donators aren't much better, though. We've had an OT forum for days now and the most interesting threads are about games and Oto's camera. Someone should donate for Lyrs and Fyrt and try to lure them over here. We need more original (and OT) threads in this section. This thread could have fit into Gen Amv - it would have been locked after a few pages, but it's not really OT-worthy.
Arigatomina

Postby Otohiko » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:28 pm

I think he means more in general, not just OT.

Nah. That's every year that'll seem like it, but I think one obvious reason is that the forum lost some of its 'steam' and regular attendance as a result of lacking OT.

As for this one - these things tend to be self-maintaining. No, right now there's not that much variety, but stuff will pop up. People haven't fully started taking advantage of it, and not everyone who ought to have migrated has migrated at this point.
Otohiko

Postby Flint the Dwarf » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:22 pm

Arigatomina wrote:Someone should donate for Lyrs and Fyrt and try to lure them over here.

Fyrt's a lost cause due to enslavement to World of Warcraft, but I could probably get kamoc in. And I might donate for them.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.
Flint the Dwarf

Postby Otohiko » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:53 pm

Just wondering - would people be annoyed if I started posting the threads that go like...

[url]news story[/url]

DISCUSS

?
Otohiko

Postby CodeZTM » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:56 pm

I think it's going down slowly. I've only been here for nearly a year, but I can already tell the post amounts are slowly declining.
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby Kusoyaro » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:37 pm

Otohiko wrote:Just wondering - would people be annoyed if I started posting the threads that go like...

[url]news story[/url]

DISCUSS

?

If I wanted that, I'd go to the Hypeo forum :?
I have no idea how to use this new forum.
Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!

Postby Arigatomina » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:33 pm

Flint the Dwarf wrote:Fyrt's a lost cause due to enslavement to World of Warcraft, but I could probably get kamoc in. And I might donate for them.

I'd donate for any of the old OT-Junkies interested in popping up around here. Maybe get some of that good ole days feeling back. :P

I know there weren't really any good ole days, but memory is funny like that.
Arigatomina

Postby Flint the Dwarf » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:56 pm

Arigatomina wrote:I know there weren't really any good ole days, but memory is funny like that.

Don't say that! :(
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.
Flint the Dwarf

Postby downwithpants » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:02 pm

i was expecting more of the irc clique to post here. but they may be out on vacation or haven't donated.

as for general forum topics- it was getting dry since most AMV-related topics have been discussed repeatedly, which is why we have 300 sticky threads. and it was obvious forum regulars wanted somewhere where they dont have to talk about AMVs - as indicated by the 26 pages of batman posts each time an OT thread didn't get locked within 8 hours :roll:

i was sad to see the old OT forums go, but not so sad about losing many of the old OT forum junkies.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>
downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person

Postby Tsunami Jones » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:11 pm

Flint the Dwarf wrote: I could probably get kamoc in

Not possible, even if you did donate for him . . .

Arigatomina wrote:and the most interesting threads are about games and Oto's camera.

So make some! :o There's also the possibility that people are simply gone for the holidays and such.

Otohiko wrote:just wondering - would people be annoyed if I started posting the threads that go like...

I personally wouldn't mind.
Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.

Postby Flint the Dwarf » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:50 pm

Tsunami Jones wrote:Not possible, even if you did donate for him . . .

Oh, right, I forgot he's still banned. LAME.
Flint the Dwarf

Postby Kristyrat » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:13 pm

Branching a little further, not only does it seem like the forums are in a downward spiral, but the org as a whole. I can't really properly vocalize how it feels to me, but a wasteland, as beo mentioned, is pretty accurate. It seems like there are dozens upon dozens of videos, threads, etc. that are just pure junk, and very rarely is there something nice to show up within those. I don't know if this is just a local issue either, because as another example, I've been always anticipating the Akross entries and winners because it's usually really solid stuff, but from this year... I dunno, just a handful really.

I don't like to see it, but I think it's an inevitable depression.

( We need a war to boost the economy O: )

[Kristyrat]
Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin

Postby Moonlight Soldier » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:26 pm

I'm starting to wonder what people expect from the org and its members =/

Seriously.
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells

Next

Return to General Discussion