What are you playing?

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Re: What are you playing?

Postby Renato » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:44 am

Otohiko wrote:
m3andchip5 wrote:Well, being an aviation freak, I tend to fly the bigger jets and fly distances that last from 2 - 10 hours on average... ON AUTOPILOT. XD Hence during that time, I play Minecraft or another on another computer. :P But on that odd occasion, I sometimes just use a small plane and just fly around for fun. =3

Hahaha... I have no life. T_T I should have gotten my pilot's licence by now... :(

hahaha, oh, you don't need to make excuses to me. I know how that feels. Welcome to the .org, brother :awesome:

(I average 60hrs a month flying for a virtual airline. I tend to prefer regional flights, more like 2-3 hours instead of 10, but otherwise this is EXACTLY what I do. I usually listen to music, watch movies, or get work done on longer flights :P )

Haha I see. This is the Flight Sim way of life. :P

Thanks for the welcome! :mrgreen:

Also recently got back to Team Fortress 2, would love to give the new update a go...
Renato

Postby Prodigi » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:53 pm

I miss Flight Sims :( What are some good ones these days?
Prodigi
is the conductor.

Postby Renato » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:19 pm

Prodigi wrote:I miss Flight Sims :( What are some good ones these days?

I still use the good ol' Flight Simulator 2004, mainly because its stable and most hardware released to this day is capable of running it at Full Settings.

However, a lot more people are starting to move towards Flight Simulator X as high-performance computer parts are getting cheaper. FSX used to be a performance nightmare in its early days, but I see a lot more people running it now.

There is also Xplane 10, which is Microsoft's competitor. I haven't used it myself, but its quite nice from what I heard, however, I think there is still a lack of 3rd party add-ons.

And then, there is Prepar3D. Its owned by Aviation and Defence company, Lockheed Martin. Costs a fortune, but it is more stable than FSX, and because it bought a licence from Microsoft, you can also put FSX 3rd Party Addons in it! However, it has a hefty price tag on it. You can see more here: http://www.prepar3d.com/

Personally, I'd say if you have a decent system, stick to FS2004, however if you have a strong system, FSX is your good bet. :mrgreen: I don't see myself moving from FS2004 in a while though, even if the simulation is approaching 10 years...
Renato

Postby Otohiko » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:31 pm

Good description, I can agree with all of that! Depends on what you're really looking for, too. A lot of the aftermarket (add-ons etc.) has switched to FSX over the last couple of years, so there's some things that are getting harder to acquire for FS2004. FSX also looks a bit better, but both it and its older brother need an extensive amount of add-ons to really shine in the looks department (where 2004 aka FS9 still lags behind just a bit) On the other hand, 2004 is still a lot more stable. There's also no comparison between a vanilla and a thoroughly pimped-out version of flight sim, there's so much in the way of add-ons out there that they make whatever microsoft has in there by default look bad. There's no part of FS9 or FSX that you basically can't rip out and replace with better-looking, more realistic, better-behaving stuff (everything from weather to AI traffic to graphics to traffic control). Sadly, that's a pretty involved process and usually means spending money on add-ons and stuff.

Prepar3D is also no longer that expensive. The personal license costs $200, but you can get it for $50 if you can do academic discount, or $10 a month for developer license. That's actually decently affordable.
(especially when you consider that I sunk roughly $800 dollars into my FS9 add-ons alone as it is :uhoh: )
Otohiko

Postby CodeZTM » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:17 pm

This is a fun Risk-like game. :3 Time sink though.

http://www.mastermind.li/
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby Haar119 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:49 pm

Currently playing Vanguard Bandits. Pretty fun. Starts off sort of slow, however. Strangely enough, I got an idea for an AMV playing that game, but it'll probably take me forever to go through with it.

In other news, I'm still going on a kleptomaniacal run through Morrowind.
Jack of all trades, master of none.
Haar119

Postby aesling » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:20 pm

Guild Wars 2! A few of us are on Yak's Bend server.
aesling
Mad Scientist

Postby AMV_4000 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:51 pm

Back into pangya... [url][/url]
AMV_4000

Postby kireblue » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:38 am

AMV_4000 wrote:Back into pangya... [url][/url]

come at me bro :awesome:
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
kireblue

Postby Pwolf » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:41 am

Tribes: Ascend. Having a lot of fun playing technician.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby Ijexis » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:43 am

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I dumped a bunch of crap just so I could pick up a sniper rifle that I punched out some merc for. Running around with a rocket launcher, combat rifle, pistol, tranquilizer rifle, crossbow and said sniper rifle and I mainly just go for melee takedowns. All that space being taken up and nothing being used and yet...can't bring myself to just drop anything.
Ijexis

Postby Renato » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:56 am

I haven't played that in ages... now I feel like going back to it. Thanks. :P
Renato

Postby ZephyrStar » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:17 am

Diablo III again, Hell difficulty. Being rather antisocial about it too. Just wanna have a couple of beers and kill shet randomly. Gonna rebuild my gold/magic find set so I can just roll through the early acts and make a few mils. I don't know what it is about farming that I find fun, but I do. Good times, good times.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:32 am

ZephyrStar wrote:I don't know what it is about farming that I find fun, but I do. Good times, good times.

That would be the repetitive conditioning of your dopamine receptors for reward.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby Radical_Yue » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:02 pm

Renato wrote:

I haven't played that in ages... now I feel like going back to it. Thanks. :P

Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaangya!

Birdie dance~ Birdie dance~ D-d-d-d-do the birdie dance~ Unce Unce
ImageImage
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose