What are you playing?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:07 pm

Shazzy wrote:Did anyone else play SimCity? I LOVED that game, from the original to 2000 to 3000...really the only single-player game I played regularly.
I used to play that game on the Macs in sixth grade, and a few years ago I found the original for PC for insanely cheap and had to buy it. I love that thing.

Other than that, I haven't had much time to play games, so I'm still working on the ones I bought a year ago (Half-Life 2 and Sims 2, which admittedly you can play forever) and Myst IV.
:ying:

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:46 pm

I'll be the first here to say Gears of War(Xbox360), Dead Rising(Xbox360), Kirby: Canvas Curse (DS).. thats about it right now.

Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
Org Profile

Post by Kristyrat » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:53 pm

x_rex30 wrote:I'll be the first here to say Gears of War(Xbox360), Dead Rising(Xbox360)
Bleh, if I had a 360 I'd be all over those :evil:
Just acquired Gun, SiN Emergence and HL2 Ep1 (finally) so I'll have some more stuff to occupy myself with \o/

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:26 pm

I'm curious about HL2 Episode One - how'd it turn out?

I'm a fan of the HL series, but I've been boycotting Valve somewhat since I accidentally lost my Steam password - with which of course all my licenses went out the window irrecoverably :?
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:26 pm

Kristyrat wrote:
x_rex30 wrote:I'll be the first here to say Gears of War(Xbox360), Dead Rising(Xbox360)
Bleh, if I had a 360 I'd be all over those :evil:
Just acquired Gun, SiN Emergence and HL2 Ep1 (finally) so I'll have some more stuff to occupy myself with \o/
I love the gears of war game, I'm in the top ten percent with online ranking, woot. I also get to enjoy those two games on an hdtv! ^_^ Luckily me, I'm not a fan boy so I get to enjoy all great games on every system. I don't understand these fanboys, I've loved every video game system I've owned and the games that came out for them, and I've bought systems from microsoft, sony, sega, nintendo, neo geo, etc.. some systems if I bought I would of thought different, like jaguar and virtual boy

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:28 pm

Well there's platform fanboys like me who live under the banner of "PC only and forever", but I for one at least have justification - since hardly any game in my top list of favorites has ever been even ported to a console, let alone were console-specific (largely by virtue of it being physically impossible) :P
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:35 pm

Otohiko wrote:I'm curious about HL2 Episode One - how'd it turn out?

I'm a fan of the HL series, but I've been boycotting Valve somewhat since I accidentally lost my Steam password - with which of course all my licenses went out the window irrecoverably :?
Get a video review for it right here..

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=2069

here..

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halfl ... eview.html

and here..

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/740/740555/vids_1.html

:wink:

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:38 pm

I'm gonna change the topic a tad if i may, (though it shouldn't stop people from telling what they are currently playing)

What is the First game you eer remember playing

for me it was standing on a step stool, in a 7-11 playing this.

Shinobi

I musta been 4 or 5

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:21 pm

First game a.k.a. Holy Crap Some of You are Old:

One of these two, I'm not sure which came first:
- Choplifter on my grandmother's Apple IIe. ][e? Whatever. There was some quasi-educational game too, but I always played Choplifter anyway.
- Frog Bog or this goofy jungle math game on the Intellivision. (It may just have been called "Math Fun." Woohoo.) Frog Bog was a great argument-starter game. Sigh.

Both of those were in the age 4-5 bracket somewhere, in the early '80s. Oh, when video game systems had fake wood paneling.

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:29 pm

Currently hypnotized by ... er, I mean playing Zelda: Twilight Princess (although, I'm close to finishing it ... just finishing up getting the last few heart containers I can. ) :P

After this, I also picked up Steambot Chronicles, and will probably play it next. It does look interesting, in a FMA-ish way. More on this one once I start it. :wink:
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Return to “General Discussion”