What are you playing?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: What are you playing?

Post by ngsilver » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:31 am

ngsilver wrote:While I was visiting my parents I decided to try some Heroes of Might and Magic 5 (my brother had a copy that I played.) I've always enjoyed the Heroes series and played all of them up to 3 (maybe 4, but I don't remember, it was a long time ago.) I enjoyed what I played of it. When searching online and found that there was a 6 already and I could get 1-5 plus the expansions in one bundle. My brother has the disks for the previous versions, so I used the amazon gift cards I got for xmas and picked up all 6 games and the expansions. 6 came in the mail yesterday and the 1-5 collection should be waiting for me when I get home. It'll be fun to go back through starting with Heroes 1 and playing each game. I am interested in what changes were made as of 6 cuz' I hear they did away with the large number of resources, it'll be fun seeing how that will play out.

Oh, and since I beat AC3 I decided it was high time to go back and start playing some of my PS1 RPGs I've been neglecting. So first up on my list is Lunar 2. I forgot how unforgiving that game is with the first dungeon if you don't spend time leveling in the first area. I died 3 times before I remembered that I can save anywhere and actually started saving frequently. Lost a good 2 hours of gameplay due to that ^^()
ImageImageImageImage

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:43 pm

I got some Steam gift certificates for Christmas, so I was able to snag quite a lot of awesome stuff over the holiday sales period. Been playing some Dead Island coop with the other half and laughing at all the wonky animations, started Sleeping Dogs and am enjoying it so far, and I've been playing the shit out of Far Cry 3 which is amazing amounts of fun. Thankfully it fixed a lot of the issues I had with Far Cry 2, so it's been worth the money.
:ying:

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:27 am

Been playing Half Life: Source and Persona 4 Golden.

I really like the additions to Golden so far, even though I hate the fact that Marie exists.

Fay-Sa
Chasing Crimson Butterflies
Org Profile

Post by Fay-Sa » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:15 pm

I've been going back and forth between Assassin's Creed 3 and Silent Hill Downpour the last few days. Looking forward to Tuesday with Ni No Kuni!

TEKnician
Org Profile

What are you playing?

Post by TEKnician » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:52 am

Guild Wars 2: Mac BETA!!!

Since its FINALLY on a Mac, I gave it a whirl. Gosh, the graphics are cool. Elementalists are fun. I was never really a Mage-type but this game makes it worth playing that class.

Took me about 3 hours to get a good grip on the controls and basic combos. But man, it brings me back to the days where I could spell combo with Rita from Tales of Vesperia. I miss my kitty cat caster.

Dynamic events are fun. But the lack of a mount makes it feel like I'm dependent on the teleports (which cost money).

I'll juggle this and WoW (cuz I still like it)
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:28 am

So I'm committed to it now. I made my first video of a blind Let's Play today. Although I have been dubious about it, my brother took a chance and bought me DmC Devil May Cry a few days ago (belated Christmas present). Since I don't get ahold of new and current things very often, I decided that this was a good time to finally make a Let's Play. Still gotta combine the audio and the face cam and export the video, but soon I'll finally have something to put up on that LP channel I made on YouTube over a year ago.

As for my opinions on the game... well, I'll reserve those until I get a ways into it. It's too early yet, but I'll admit that I have been neither disappointed nor impressed as of yet - which is already better than I was hoping for.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:54 pm

I just finished Far Cry 3 an hour ago, so I'm thinking of replacing that with Skyrim or Fallout New Vegas (probably gonna be Skyrim). Though it's going to be a while until I start up another open world game.
I've been playing Assassin's Creed III in little bursts. I want to find out what happens story-wise, but I just can't get into this game. It's so bad compared to its predecessors ;___;
I'm gonna start playing some Magicka with friends if I can catch them at the right times. I just recently uninstalled League of Legends because that game took up waaaaay too much of my time. >__>
Still trying to 100% Batman: Arkham City. A few more trophies and I can finally fight the Riddler! :D
And lastly, I just bought a fightstick yesterday so I'm gonna start playing UMvC3 and maybe some SF4.

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:21 pm

atm, Corspe Party: Book of Shadows on my PSP.

Playing the original is pretty much required to know what's going on here. And if you haven't played the original Corspe Party yet ... why are you waiting? It's one of the best JRPG Horror games you can get, and Book of Shadows has turned up the horror dial to 11. Well worth the asking price. :sweat:

(Yep, haven't upgraded yet... still waiting for Sony to publish more than the 1 game that would make a Vita worth it. Also, not really looking forward to buying more memory cards and re-downloading all my PSN purchases -_-; )
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:02 am

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Just beat Disgaea 3. Now I just gotta beat Disgaea 2 (which I'm almost done I think) and 4 (haven't started yet) before Disgaea D2 comes states side, if it comes states side. Hopefully it comes states side anyways.
Under Construction

Return to “General Discussion”