What are you playing?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Re: What are you playing?

Post by aesling » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:22 pm

Torchlight 2 finally. I suppose it is still TECHNICALLY, Summer 2012, but c'mon guys, that was cutting it a little close.
:ying:

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:42 am

So I've come to the conclusion that it's not the Alfheim portals in specific that I fail at, but more Bayonetta in general. I was able to do a few more of the portals after last bitching about it, but the game itself just kicks my ass. There's just no happy medium between Easy and Normal. It's either, "I can do this in my sleep," or "oh boy, how many Red Hot Shots did I use in this chapter?". I really do love the game, but gee golly whiz, do I ever suck at playing it.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:16 am

aesling wrote:Torchlight 2 finally. I suppose it is still TECHNICALLY, Summer 2012, but c'mon guys, that was cutting it a little close.
Yeah, jeez.

How is it, though? Have you played D3? I'd like to hear a good comparison review. I still play D3 sometimes, but I'm really waiting for Blizz to implement pvp.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Ijexis
Org Profile

Post by Ijexis » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:11 am

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:So I've come to the conclusion that it's not the Alfheim portals in specific that I fail at, but more Bayonetta in general. I was able to do a few more of the portals after last bitching about it, but the game itself just kicks my ass. There's just no happy medium between Easy and Normal. It's either, "I can do this in my sleep," or "oh boy, how many Red Hot Shots did I use in this chapter?". I really do love the game, but gee golly whiz, do I ever suck at playing it.
I have a habit of not using items in that game...due to that and DMC mocking me and lowering my grade for it and thus it becomes, "Boy, oh boy, how many times have I died now?"

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:54 am

I can't believe I'm saying this ... but I'm playing...

...Steel Diver

(Okay, you can scream now.)

Well, I got it for free with my 3DS XL, and the bigger screen really does help in controlling the sub. Still, no button or circle pad/D-Pad controls ftl :roll:
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:03 am

Flint the Dwarf wrote:
aesling wrote:Torchlight 2 finally. I suppose it is still TECHNICALLY, Summer 2012, but c'mon guys, that was cutting it a little close.
Yeah, jeez.

How is it, though? Have you played D3? I'd like to hear a good comparison review. I still play D3 sometimes, but I'm really waiting for Blizz to implement pvp.
I enjoyed the beta a lot, and now that it's finally out I'm still really liking it. They made some very necessary tweaks to the skill system that reward you a lot better for leveling up one skill more, and nerfed some overly broken builds. So far my favorite is an insanely DPS-y Outlander. There's nothing quite as amusing as a rapid-fire, flaming shotgun. I have not played D3, so unfortunately I can't give you a comparison, but I do appreciate the lack of ridiculous DRM. It is a charming game, and I would tentatively recommend it even though I'm not sure how it stacks up against D3 in terms of play.
:ying:

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:43 pm

Ijexis wrote:I have a habit of not using items in that game...due to that and DMC mocking me and lowering my grade for it and thus it becomes, "Boy, oh boy, how many times have I died now?"
Same. I mean, the Red Hot Shots use themselves, so not much I can do to stop that, but I was that way with DMC, too. Sometimes it pays off and I manage to survive a mission/chapter with a sliver of HP left, but most of the time, I just make a fool of myself with repeated deaths. DMC was a little different, though. I felt like I actually got good enough at that game to avoid taking hits most of the time, but Bayonetta... I don't know. I still feel like a newbie, no matter how much I practice. Of course, I haven't poured the hundreds of hours into Bayonetta that I have with DMC, so maybe I will achieve godlike reflexes yet. :lol:

In related news, I started Hard Mode this morning. (This is my first time attempting it.) I was fighting Jeanne-in-the-Past, and I fucking died eight times. EIGHT. Then, I fought Fortitudo and didn't take a single hit. WTF. I fail at consistency.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:40 pm

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:53 pm

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD looking good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xYDcekB ... r_embedded

Anyway just been playing Guild Wars 2 lately =)

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:43 pm

Osu! :awesome:

Return to “General Discussion”