Oto in Motherland: a (huge) photo log

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:35 pm

Random.

Random-er.

In front of Pribaltiyskaya hotel, in the general area where I lived and went to school.
In the background there is the hilariously-named 'restaurant' of the fast food chain "BLINdonalts"

Pribaltiyskaya Hotel right opposite to which I lived between the ages of 7 and 10

I lived in this.
Yes, the one with the crooked balcony. It was fucking scary to walk out on it.

On the other hand, it was fun to throw firecrackers from up there.

*to be continued*
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:36 pm

An ancient electronic lock on the front door of the building.
I remember using it. It no longer actually works.

What?

Gulf of Finland shore

[Oto's] schoolyard

These things are quite high actually (as much as 10 feet).
We used to go up on top of them and just WALK on them.
This time me and my friend climbed up and sat there, slightly nervous, discussing how fucking stupid we were to even attempt something that potentially hazardous :roll:

*to be continued*
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:37 pm

Soviet playground

New buildings

Smolenka river area, old Soviet-era shopping center on the bottom floors of the building opposite.

Another view of the building where I lived between 7 and 10, in front of Pribaltiyskaya hotel.

*to be continued*

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:38 pm

Front door with the ancent lock is the one with the light shining above it

Newly-built area
Guess what that sign says...
NO PARKING, lol

*to be continued*

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:39 pm

A brief departure out of town to visit a great-aunt, snapped a few pictures of the train station enroute.

Freight train.

Out-of-town commuter train.

Amusing Oto fact:
Being killed by a train is possibly my greatest phobia. Not sure why, but I’m scared to death by being run over by one of these things. Perhaps one reason is a recurring nightmare I’ve seen several times in my life where exactly that happens :shock:

More illegal subway pics:

*to be continued*

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:39 pm

Subway continues:

hay

*to be continued*

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:40 pm

Rainy day on the Smolenka river

View from roughly the same place, to the left. Nalichnaya street in front of Primorskaya subway station.

The block where I lived from age 7 to 14 (in two different apartments). Viewed from the window of my friend Sergey's apartment.

My friend Sergei.

Hax?

*to be continued*

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:41 pm

Walking to the older part of Vasilievsky Island. Finally we’re starting to get to that pretty St. Petersburg of legend – and, trust me on this one, it is a fantastic city. Image

"Dedicated to the Sea Wolves who were here in 1995"
...what?

The bank of the Small Neva river

Yes, the street is really slanted like that (ramp leading to a bridge)

Hospital where I went after breaking my ankle. Ow.
For those wondering – I was pushed off the stairs by a pair of kids in grade 7 who thought it’d be amusing to do so. By some fortune, instead of rolling down the stairs, which could have resulted in worse injuries (they pushed me pretty hard) – I managed to run a few steps then jump – and would have remained completely uninjured had I landed on my foot instead of … whatever the reverse side of my foot would be, with all my weight, from some height, too. Both bones in my ankle were broken and took a couple of months to heal.
If one watches carefully, I can still be noted limping slightly on my right foot.

*to be continued*

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Hospital alley
Painful memories. I had to hop on one leg across this alley with the other leg broken.

Neva river.

Friend Kirill at the water’s edge.

Neva, looking west from the famous Palace Bridge.

Palace Bridge, shot from in front of the Winter Palace.

*to be continued*

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:43 pm

The Winter Palace.
or is it just a picture of a stupid Hummer with fancy architecture in background?

Winter Palace (left) and Alexander’s Column on Palace Square.

On the bus.

Central bookstore in St. Petersburg

One of the very typical St. Petersburg streets (1st Line, Vasilievsky Island, looking south)

*to be continued*

Return to “General Discussion”