I'm Done With Asus

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

I'm Done With Asus

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:36 am

Rather than re-type the whole thing, I'll just link to the post I made on their FB page (it's a bit long, so be advised). As an added benefit, you get to see where they obviously didn't read before responding.

https://www.facebook.com/asus.n.america ... 8462297178

As for the serial/model # discrepancy mentioned, here's all the proof of that particular foul-up.
Spoiler :
The top-middle is a photo of the actual physical back of the monitor itself. The rest is what every utility I have reports it as, including the OSD itself.

In addition, I've already filed a complaint with the San Francisco Bay Area and Northern Coastal California Better Business Bureau (since Asus HQ for the US is in Fremont), and emailed a copy of the story to The Consumerist.

Not long after I replied to their "if you would have emailed me" comment, I FINALLY got an email stating they had a 238H reserved. But the forms they sent were for the "Advanced RMA Replacement", which requires a credit-card hold. I had already told them I would NOT be giving them my credit card info, and would take the other option given, which was to get a shipping label from them and send the old monitor back first. Wonder how long it'll take to get a reply on that one...

Once this is finally taken care of (and who knows how long THAT will take), I am done with this company for good. Great products while they work. But God help you if you need to get them fixed for any reason.

:evil: :down: :evil: :down: :evil: :down: :evil: :down:
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Re: I'm Done With Asus

Post by The_McLaughlin » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:27 pm

I had problems with my Asus's motherboard where it wouldn't read NVIDA cards and I emailed them and never heard anything back... I ended up just buying an ati card instead even though the motherboard should work with the NVIDA ones too(I didn't want to go through the hassle of gutting the computer to put in another motherboard and the graphics card I got was around what a decent board would have cost me anyway). So after that experience I was also done with Asus. When I go to build another PC I'm for sure staying away from Asus's products, they have pretty terrible customer service.

Darklydone
Org Profile

Post by Darklydone » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:34 pm

I had an ASUS GTX760, one of two video cards, turn into a fireball after two weeks of service. Didn't hurt the rest of the computer, the other one functioned just fine. Got an RMA and it replaced within two weeks with an actual new product, not something in a generic box that's been refurbished. It's all about who ya get in contact with I suppose. Most places are farming the hell out of their customer service and it usually ends up sucking balls. Best thing to do is be incredibly professional with the person on the other end of the phone/email/chat and cover all your bases. However, if I have a 3 year old monitor screaming at me I'm not gonna go and try to get it serviced, that's a gigantic pita in most cases. ASUS monitors are incredibly affordable, I'd just go and get a new one.
The one legged space chicken is after me again.

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:30 pm

I've dealt with five different people, and been polite and professional each time. In return, I get jerked around. Yes, they ARE affordable, but a new monitor is NOT in my budget right now. Also, this issue still comes under warranty, so they're damn well gonna take care of it.
Tinnitus

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:31 pm

And even if another monitor WAS in the budget right now, it sure as hell wouldn't be Asus.
Tinnitus

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:52 pm

So a little update is in order, methinks...

Their response to the BBB complaint was basically, "You'll get a refurb. If you don't like it, sue us." So that went all of nowhere.

Finally, I get the RMA forms to send off the incorrect monitor. I then get an email saying they are ready to ship the replacement. However, the replacement lists a VE247, which is NOT the model we agreed upon (for reasons mentioned in their FB post). The serial number, however, pulls up as a VH236 in their system.

I call them that day, and I'm assured that the VH238 that was agreed upon is the last thing in the notes and is what would be shipped. I was told that the mismatch was because "we're having a bit of a database issue today."

Fedex shows up about 45 minutes ago. What do they bring? The VE247 with the serial number for a VH236...

At this point, I'm not sure wether to bang my head against my desk in frustration, or just laugh maniacally at the vastness of their incompetence.

Fuck. Asus.
Tinnitus

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:13 pm

So I finally get a response from them on what to do with the incorrect model. They give me yet another RMA, and ask me to email the tracking number to them as soon as I get it. I assume this means that once they know the incorrect monitor is en route, they'll ship out the correct one so as to avoid any delays.

WRONG.

No word from them after they confirm receiving the tracking number on 12/16. Monitor arrives at their facility on 12/22. Still no word. No word on the 23rd either. I FINALLY get an email from them this evening, saying the monitor would be shipped out today. If it wasn't going to be shipped until after the other one got to them, why all the fuss about making sure to get them the tracking info... :nono: :shrug:

We'll see if everything's right when it arrives. And given the amount of time it usually takes, that should be sometime after the first of the year...
Tinnitus

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:50 pm

So I never did get a tracking number. I hop on the online chat and they apparently can't find any tracking number either, which is rather stupid. So I fire off an email to the Customer Loyalty contact I have, who DOES have the number. And despite the email on the 26th saying it was shipping that day, it didn't ship until the 29th. So I'm still without a monitor til Monday at the earliest. HAPPY NEW YEAR. *headdesk*
Tinnitus

Return to “General Discussion”