A friend of mine joked about depression...

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

A friend of mine joked about depression...

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:35 pm

So a friend of mine joked about depression. He went ahead and took pillows and blankets in a hotel room, wrapped them up to make it look like a body. Pretty convincingly too. He left a note saying sorry couldn't clean up the mess and left 2 dollars.

I called him out on it and saying that it was wrong. That this is not something to joke about, a lot of people suffer from depression and more than most likely this does actually probably happen in a hotel room more often than not. I've heard of a few people I knew that committed suicide, at the end of a convention.

He told me if I don't like it tough shi...

I don't know what's wrong with people these days. That is totally wrong and not necessary.
No matter what, stay calm, stay cool and live life to the fullest.
Plus as Gene would say always go big in life.
Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest Coordinator 2007-2011
Katsucon AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2011
T-Mode Contest Coordinator 2013
Nekocon AMV Contest Coordinator 2014

UnluckyArtist
Partially-Formed Transformah
Org Profile

Re: A friend of mine joked about depression...

Post by UnluckyArtist » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:43 pm

Yeah that wasn't cool just for the possibility of giving one of the cleaning maids a heart attack or a bad memory that would make them quit their job.

There's always someone joking about things they know nothing about; no one they've ever knew or admired took their life or showed signs of depression and they've never had it themselves.

In the past I've joked about it and even believed that people going through this should just "get over it cause things could be worse." But eventually I got depressed myself... sometimes the best way for a person to understand something is to experience it for themselves. If that doesn't happen, good, but they have no right to even joke about it.

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:33 am

haha that was funny, also that's a macabre prank - not really making fun of depression in my opinion
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Enigmo
Org Profile

Post by Enigmo » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:21 pm

it's okay
Image Image

Gigatless
BEHOLD, CORN!
Org Profile

Post by Gigatless » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:57 am

You've got no sense of humor buddy.

Are you depressed?
I love my women like I love my AMV - furious low skilled action without any sync and technique.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will suppress the detest.. and ignore the faith.
Curb the repulsion, and the depression.. and the dread and the hate.
I will get back up on the stage.. because I love you all
I'll keep pouring my heart out.. Cause This Is- Fucking- Rock N Roll!

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:04 am

I personally have known friends who suffer from depression and ended up killing themselves. I know it was joke but it was a poor tasting one in my opinion.
No matter what, stay calm, stay cool and live life to the fullest.
Plus as Gene would say always go big in life.
Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest Coordinator 2007-2011
Katsucon AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2011
T-Mode Contest Coordinator 2013
Nekocon AMV Contest Coordinator 2014

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:01 pm

I would've flat out slugged him in the fucking face. My brother suffered from depression and mental illness and killed himself in 09. I also suffer from bipolar, severe depression, and suicidal ideation. Not to mention schitzophrenia and mild PTSD + Survivors guilt.

Depression is no fucking joke man, if anybody i know ever did some shit like that id slug them on the spot and make them take it down right then and there.

Return to “General Discussion”