Apology to the Org...

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Apology to the Org...

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:27 pm

When I got back here I was messaging random editors. It was never my intention to cause any harm in doing so. I did not realize the place had become so empty around here. So when I saw people without reviews on their amv's and me just getting back I figure I would offer an exchange via pm. It was WRONG. I'm use to this place being busy and having a lot of traffic. I learned my lesson the first week I was back, and since then have not message anybody I did not know.

I just want to put this out there. I am here to help people on the org. I want to share my insight with everyone if they need feedback. I really want to apologize for my actions, I never wanted to make anyone feel uncomfortable.

I don't want to leave the org. I'm sorry for everything. I hope you all can eventually forgive me. (It really pains me to think that I have caused harm in anyway to the people here on the org.)

Gene
No matter what, stay calm, stay cool and live life to the fullest.
Plus as Gene would say always go big in life.
Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest Coordinator 2007-2011
Katsucon AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2011
T-Mode Contest Coordinator 2013
Nekocon AMV Contest Coordinator 2014

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Re: Apology to the Org...

Post by AngelDragoon » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:24 am

Please don't think I'm discrediting your apology in any way. It's nice that you have enough concern for this community that you would make a post to do so. That being said...

I'm slightly confused. So you offered to review various editors' videos via PM and asked if they wanted to do a 1:1 thing, and instead of said editors just giving a 'no thanks' and pointing you to the opinion exchange section they...complained enough to make you feel the need to apologize?

Because unless you were writing/responding with something like, "your vids suck, go set yourself on fire pl0x", I have no idea why you would be made to feel like you would need to leave, let alone ask for forgiveness.

Again, if you just felt guilty and wanted to apologize of your own accord, then good on you for stepping up to the plate and doing so. I just hope no one made you feel like the community would be offended somehow if you didn't. There are much worse things people have done around here... :beer:

slimed
Org Profile

Post by slimed » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:15 am

^ x2
offering an opinion exchange doesn't warrant an apology. i don't know who has the energy to be bothered over that. :bear:

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:38 am

When I came back the op exchange was pretty dead. I saw some new names at the bottom of the list on the forums and clicked on them and checked out there videos. Found some that I liked and messaged them. People felt I was stalking them by doing so. That was not my intention. Again, I got a message from the admin saying I can not be doing that. This was back in May. I did not think it was a big deal but it was. I want to make things right by apologizing. I want people to know I am here to help the org and not here to be a problem.

Again sorry to anyone that I have caused any problems coming back if I have and you want to discuss anything please let me know.

Gene

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:59 am

It's not wanting to do an opinion exchange that was the issue, it was sending out mass-spammed PMs to so many people. In general, that's not a good thing to do on any website. And it didn't come across like you "wanted to help", it came across like a thinly-veiled "please watch my videos", much like your thread from earlier. And, well, the attitude you struck was unintentionally condescending. You have to remember that if you've been gone for seven years, someone who is "new" to you may not be that new to editing or to this community. And they might not appreciate someone popping up out of the blue, telling them that they want to help out "new editors who need it".

Even so, I don't think it was as big a deal as you seem to think. The admin asked you to stop, you did, and it's been two months since then. Just let it lie and post a thread in the Op Exchange forum instead.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:21 am

Hi Ileia,

I talked with another editor earlier in the day and it still according to him it is a big deal.

Anyways like I said I learned my lesson from it. I didn't mean it and want people to know that I am here to help. I'm leaving free reviews on videos in the AMV Announcement section when I have time.

Gene

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:34 am

Free reviews? Do you normally charge?
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:05 am

You guys are funny.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:23 am

Ileia wrote:Free reviews? Do you normally charge?
No I don't. lol I meant instead of waiting for people in the op exchange to post in the free review section. I never use to pay attention to the AMV Announcement section before.

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:19 am

You're making this into a bigger deal than it actually is. Just listen to people's advice for your videos and don't focus on the past, times are definitely different from now and 2007.

Return to “General Discussion”