WRITE OR DIE

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Re: WRITE OR DIE

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:21 am

Making the effort to work on my character sketches for a neo-noire kind of thing :3

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:21 pm

A novella is fine too.
A neo-noire is most excellent.

I'm going to have to apologize, work has me running all over the country, and despite my best intentions to write in my hotel room, that's not happening. I poked and prodded at some ideas for worldbuilding which I enjoyed, but that was about it. I can't wait for it to be January so all this can be over and I can get back to it.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:34 pm

Writing mad raps.

|:>

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:17 pm

http://lifehacker.com/the-magic-of-bein ... 1464321610

I found this really cool, not because it's helpful to me really, but mainly because it's what I already kinda do. Shame I don't have anything to show for it... yet...

:awesome:

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:47 pm

Random update. Sitting in Dulles waiting on a plane to get here. Think I'll world build some more over coffee.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:55 pm

Did a lot of really awesome worldbuilding, still have a lot more to go, but now I'm contemplating writing a really big and boring "history of the world" type of document. For reference, my story takes place right on the cusp of an industrial revolution, when mankind goes from several thousand years of feudal rule into a period of vast technological (steam power, electricity, firearms, writing, science) growth. The old empire that rules the world is trying hard to maintain control, while smaller countries are rising up and developing faster than it can try and conquer them.

Part of what I want to do is create religions, historical accounts, those kinds of things, and actually like, write those out as complete works. They won't be long, a few pages each at the most, but they'll be really cool to make reference back to.

I'm also struggling with a lot of technical factors in the worldbuilding, specifically magic. Not sure yet if magic will exist in this world, and what kind of standards I'll hold it to (it should be very scientifically based if it does exist......)

AMVGuide
Showcasing AMVs since 2014
Org Profile

Post by AMVGuide » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:47 pm

I present to you:

Return to “General Discussion”