Anyone Let's Play?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
halex1316
Org Profile

Anyone Let's Play?

Post by halex1316 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:43 pm

I just recently got back into Let's Playing. I used to make them along with walkthroughs, and had a decent following until my channel got hacked and all my videos deleted, which really demotivated me. I was just wondering if anyone else does let's plays, and if you do, feel free to share your updates here :) (If this is against the rules, please tell me xD)

My Let's Play YouTube Account is HowlYeYe. Currently I'm working on a Let's Play of Fable III!

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Re: Anyone Let's Play?

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:01 pm

I do, actually!

But nobody watches my videos. : (

I'm just getting into the groove of doing them; I'm not so good with giving commentary while playing. I typically play solo games, so I'm not really used to talking while doing my thing. I end up looking like a moron who doesn't know what I'm doing because I'm distracted.

I also look like a moron who doesn't know how to do technical stuff because YouTube is a stupid whore that reformats shit from the way I had it (and wanted it). :evil:

I'm on a sort of hiatus right now, though, because it's summer and way too hot (and noisy with the AC and fans) to do any recording. I do enjoy doing the recordings, but processing and editing takes ages, and that has also killed my enthusiasm. I also enjoy watching LPs, although honestly I tend to watch ones of games I have already played, especially if they are 100% runs.

I guess if anyone wants to watch them, it's SakuraSamaelLetsPlay, but I'm still pretty rough around the edges. (I'm also not sure how close this comes to self-advertising or just sharing another hobby, so do as you must, mods.)

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:28 pm

I am in the process of starting up my own lets plays. Still deciding if I'm going to actually going to post the lets plays on youtube or just stream them on twitch. The idea is I will play through an RPG and once done I'll do a compilation video which includes a review. Since I pretty much only play and collect RPGs this is what I'm looking to do as part of the content on my channel including anime reviews (mostly old school, like 10~20+ years old) and other random videos. I'm in the process of building up my studio for producing such videos. However since I'm moving very soon and just bought a car I'm a little behind on getting all the equipment I'll need (still need a capture card and a sound mixing board) and due to the move I'm holding off on setting up my studio till after I finish the move. So yeah. I don't have any lets plays up yet, but my channel is and will be ngsilver.

I'll have to check out ya'll stuff since I do enjoy watching lets plays. Once SGDQ is over tho.
ImageImageImageImage

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:08 pm

I do, but I'm bad at them.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:19 pm

Me and my brother thought about starting to do them, we just haven't found a game that we agree on... other than portal... were thinking about maybe just finding games that one of us really likes and the other one not so much, and then having each of us play our own game and then editing them together into one video that way it shows kind of pro's and con's of the game depending on the person, then it would be kind of like a review and a let's play at the same time.
We never did do anything on the topic but, every so ofter we still throw the idea up into the air so maybe we'll still do it in the future, who knows.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:58 pm

I like to record my gaming shenanigans every now and then. I'm often live streaming KSP sessions. I used to host a minecraft server (moved to hosted solution) and I liked to create little mini-adventures or tasks for people to go through... Here's one I did for everyone on the server:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNscKxEpuyQ

The players: Brad, Liz (Nessephanie), Shawn (Liz' brother), Andre' (Krat), and Cal (Prodigy).

There's also my "Super Archer" series, starting with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey68WyCmy0A

Chez
Not Mexican
Org Profile

Post by Chez » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:15 pm

We haven't done one in a while but me and a friend of mine do old arcade game play through via mame hub

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAttackArcade
Image I stream and stuff o.o

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:14 pm

DrDinosaur and I used to do a lot of them, but they're all unlisted on my YouTube channel due to cleaning up and stuff. Here, have one of the better ones we did (guest starring CalamityDan):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxZo3fEr-cA

I still do them, but they're all screenshot LPs hosted on something-awful. The only one I ever finished and archived can be found here:

http://lparchive.org/Shining-Force-2-(by-inthesto)/
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:42 am

inthesto wrote:I still do them, but they're all screenshot LPs hosted on something-awful. The only one I ever finished and archived can be found here:

http://lparchive.org/Shining-Force-2-(by-inthesto)/
Apparently not, since the link 404s me - but that was the brutal RPG, wasn't it? (I only read through the first few sections of it a few months back.) I sort of had an eyebrow-raising moment when I was perusing the LP Archive and saw your name. It sounded like you in the writing, but I wasn't sure.

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:50 pm

The URL gets truncated because the forums suck. this link should work if you're too lazy to copy/paste
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Return to “General Discussion”