PONIES the Anthology III

This forum is for the discussion and announcement of newly created videos that use non anime sources.

Moderator: Forum moderators

Forum rules
This forum is for the discussion and announcement of newly created videos that use non anime sources.
  • Note: The videos posted here do not need a corresponding catalog entry.
Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

PONIES the Anthology III

Post by Fall_Child42 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:34 pm

Hello a-m-v.org community.
This PONIES the Anthology thing is happening again. :uhoh:

But we are looking for more of the AMV/org communities help!

:dino:

"Awesome DrDinosaur A.K.A. Fall_Child42, but how do I get in on this obviously amazing thing!"

Well the first thing you are gonna do is read the DA RUELZ.

DA RULEZ

Time Limits:
There is no minimum time limit. If you can get your point across in 3 seconds go for it! We are trying to keep the shorts below 30 seconds, however, if your short goes over 30 seconds and warrants the extra time we will not mind. The time limits are pretty flexible.

Exposure:
We prefer to have the majority of the shorts be fresh and shiny for the viewers, so we ask that you don't go posting them around youtube but please show them to friends and the project coordinator!

Disclaimer
Alright, let’s get the serious stuff out of the way. Any short submitted for this project can and will be subject for rejection should it fail to meet our requirements. This includes not meeting our video specs (poor video/audio quality, wrong aspect ratio, and so on), containing explicit content (be it audible and/or visual), or altogether poor execution.

If you feel that you want to start a project and are not sure if the idea will be funny enough to be approved, we ENCOURAGE you to talk it over, send a rough cut/animatic, or present a storyboard to me.

The decision for rejecting any short is left to the discretion of the project coordinators who may just ask you to fix whatever the problem is.

Copyrighted Content:
Because Youtube will do this, we want to be careful about using content that will set off their copyright alarms. If you plan to use a copyrighted song, the first thing you need to do is test it by putting it with some kind of visuals on Youtube (as an unlisted video if you want) to see what happens. If nothing happens or you get a copyright claim that doesn’t prevent the video from being viewed anywhere, great! Proceed to use the audio for your short.. If you start getting notices that the content is getting the video banned in other countries, then either try cutting the audio down to where it won’t trip Youtube’s alarm or don’t use it at all.

Any short using audio that causes the video to get banned from being viewable on Youtube will be subject to rejection!

Video Technical Specifications
Video resolution – 1280x720
FPS – 23.976
Beta specs – send it however way you can. It’s a beta after all ;)
Final specs - Lagarith Lossless AVI
No watermarks or Logos!

Audio Technical Specifications
256kbs – 320kbs MP3 or .wav/.flac is preferred for the best possible audio quality (We know there are some audio clips that may be difficult to find in that good of quality. Just find/use the best possible version you can find that is 192kbs or higher)

Volume control is an issue we will be managing. We’ll let you know if you need to increase or decrease the volume of your short’s audio before sending the final version. Please be patient with us on this. Headphone users are an endangered species that we truly wish to protect.

Approved Content
Anything that’s fun, funny, clever or just plain cute. If it puts a smile on somebody’s face, we want it in this project!
Really, just put together what you like. Parodies, music videos, gag trailers, it’s all welcomed here.

Objectionable Content
No sex jokes or gratuitous sexualizing of any characters whatsoever! This includes the use of explicitly racy music, sexually oriented dialogue, and scenes that are deliberately used in a suggestive manner.
Strong language (i.e. sh*t, f*ck, b*tch, ect.) must be censored. If a short consists of constant censored language with no real context for it, it will be subject to rejection. Mild language (Hell, damn, and the like) is fine in moderation.
There are a lot of editors working in this project. Let’s do our best not to have a lot of repeated footage in everybody’s shorts. We’re not super strict about it, but we’d like to keep it to a minimum.

THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT RULE – HAVE FUN!!!!

"Alright, now my eyes are sore JERK. But now what do I do?"

Simple,
Encode your video to a small preview version.
Send your video to me via PM and if my team and I like it then you're in!
I'll let you know and you'll need to send us a lossless file.

If not, then we'll offer suggestions for improvement or maybe it just wasn't what we were looking for.
You can do whatever you want with your file.

"Sick Dr.D! I'll start making awesome stuff right away!"

Attaboy. :shark:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: PONIES the Anthology III

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:25 pm

:awesome:

Approximate deadline time frame? Would love to be a part of this if it doesn't conflict with all the crap I've committed myself to already.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:21 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Approximate deadline time frame?

Nope!

It's a surprise!

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:38 pm

Will be trying to make a couple skits for this
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:07 am

I'll attempt something here, I haven't seen season 2 yet so I'll get on that.

Sparkle-san@Unmotivation
Org Profile

Post by Sparkle-san@Unmotivation » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:09 am

Normally, I'd jump at the chance but season 3 was a bit of a rain on my MLP parade tbh. I'll try to come up with something cool though!

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:48 am

you don't have to limit yourself to any particular season for footage, use anything you want as long as it's pony related.
you could even just use the audio.

In fact custom drawings or animation is highly encouraged!

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:53 am

Fall_Child42 wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:Approximate deadline time frame?

Nope!

It's a surprise!
Fair enough. Could you at least give a few weeks notice when you're about to stop? I'd hate to work on a project for a month just to get a "sorry we closed yesterday" response.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:24 am

"When it's done"™

:awesome:
Sparkle-san@Unmotivation wrote:Normally, I'd jump at the chance but season 3 was a bit of a rain on my MLP parade tbh. I'll try to come up with something cool though!
I hear ya. But, time to remove the Unmotivation!

EimiJ7
Org Profile

Post by EimiJ7 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:28 am

If I can come up with a good idea, then I'll join in this year :D

Return to “Other Videos”