Makeup

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Ambiati
Org Profile

Re: Makeup

Post by Ambiati » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:25 am

Miaka999 wrote:I would hope men know what makeup is. But do they know everything there is to know about makeup? Like the different kinds of foundation, serums, correctors, etc? Do they know what brush is used for creams? How about a spoolie brush? How about knowing how to avoid cake face?
Pretty sure they do. You have makeup artists that are MEN.

Miaka999
Org Profile

Post by Miaka999 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:32 am

Let's take my brother in laws. You give them a picture of Kim Kardashian or artist with tons of makeup and they think its their real face. Not all men know about this kind of stuff. Oh well...

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:21 pm

Miaka999 wrote:I would hope men know what makeup is. But do they know everything there is to know about makeup? Like the different kinds of foundation, serums, correctors, etc? Do they know what brush is used for creams? How about a spoolie brush? How about knowing how to avoid cake face?
I don't really think they have to know (and they definitely don't haha.) But I think most men know when a girl is wearing makeup at least. If you do the "natural" makeup look and they can't tell, well, I'd say good on your part! Guys can definitely see a cake face though, and know when a girl has something on her eyes.
To not know that the Kim Kardashian is wearing makeup would be an extreme case of not having a clue haha.

But just on the whole makeup thing, I love this thread! Wish more girls would come in here, I think it's fun.
As for me, I don't really wear makeup on a day to day anymore, but if anything it's something like this (I'm on the right):
(I consider not using this pic hahahaha, but I don't take selfies on a day to day so this is it)

Just eyeliner on the top and some mascara, usually both a dark brown vs black (Loreal voluminous eyeliner pencil being my favorite). Moisturizer (st. ives collagen in the tub), spf, and sometimes blush if I'm sickly looking, but no foundation. Most times I'll just do mascara though, since it's a life saver. My eyes look pretty dark even though they're green and my lashes are thick but not incredibly long so mascara kind of just pulls it all out so they don't look like beads on my face.

For my work though I'm sort of "required" to step it up a bit, so:
(This one I did crop since my coworker was being terrible)

Which is dark, thicker eyeliner on top (gel/liquid, I use Revlon Colorstay liquid a lot), eyeliner on the waterline, usually a pink or red lip, foundation (without spf because of pictures, I like Bourjois or Dior Airflash, obviously Dior being very expensive so only for occasions), blush (bourjois again), plum/dark brown eyeshadow, smokey, filled in eyebrows (I do this on a day to day too since groomed brows automatically tighten up everything. I use the elf eyebrow kit) and fake eyelashes on the occasion too. The pic above is actually more mild than some of the makeup I'll do.

Some other makeup things I love:
Big Fattie Mascara (I pretty much like most mascara I've tried though haha)
Lorac Unzipped Palette (thuuuu besstt)
Loreal True Match Lumi Foundation
Nyx Jumbo pencils
Maybelline Dream Matte Powder

yayyay for makeup!
Image Image

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:29 pm

I'm adding more to my daily routine. I usually wear mascara now, as well as concealer. I'm blessed with nearly always clear skin because fuck yeah ethinyl estrogen pill. I'm probably going to start adding foundation and a bit of eyeliner/nudish eye shadow to make my eyes seem bigger. But yeah, the goal is definitely to keep people thinking I'm not wearing make up.

I use BareMinerals, mostly. But I need to really expand my knowledge of brands. I'm also pretty familiar with Estee Lauder.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:04 pm

So I just gave this Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Stain in Cranberry Crush a try. A co-worker gave it to me when she heard that I was curious about lip stains but didn't want to put on something that wouldn't come off.

Well, it didn't really pass that test anyway. It was basically all gone after I ate a meal (my cheap red lipstick could actually hold up through a meal with minimal re-application). It did leave my lips sort of a faint berry color through to the next day, though.

Application was literally the same as coloring in my lips with a marker. My lips felt really dry, though, even after I applied balm over the top. I'm wondering if it has alcohol in it like a real marker. It did sort of leave an evaporating cool sensation as I used it.

Also, curiously, it smells sweet like cranberries but tastes like nothing - because scented lips are somehow something I wanted in my life, I guess. :roll:

Return to “General Discussion”