Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
catgod
cat stalker
Org Profile

Re: The #AMV Cookbook

Post by catgod » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:11 pm

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

I took pics while my sis made these last week xD
Whenever we have too many bannas that are way to ripe to eat, we make either these or banana bread!
They're freakin delish, especially warmed up in the morning!

Ingredients:
½ Cup of Vegetable Oil
2 Eggs
½ Cup of Sugar
3 Mashed Bananas
¼ tsp of Vanilla Extract
1 2/3 Cup of All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp of Baking Soda
¼ tsp of Salt
¼ tsp of Cinnamon
1 Cup of Chocolate Chips
½ Cub or so of Walnuts (optional)

Makes 12

1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12 piece muffin tin with muffin liners and set aside.
2) In a small bowl add the chocolate chips and 3 tbsp of flour and mix until all the chocolate chips are coated in the flour (do the same with some chopped up the walnuts if you want). Set aside.

3) In a large bowl add the first 5 ingredients and mix until all combined.
4) Add the flour and baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon, whisk until all combined.

5) Fold in the chocolate chip (and walnut) and flour mixture.
6) Using a large ice cream scoop (or that pink thingie) divide the batter into your muffin pan and bake for about 18 minutes.

AND NOW MUFFIN PR0N

Enjoy!
And here's a youtube video we got the recipe from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... KhLoWzHPdo
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:57 pm

zomg chit this is <3

Banana bread + chocolate + walnuts are kind of 3 of my favourite things, so I'm pretty sure this is best muffin :O

Also, now we know why ying is fat.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:51 am

Appliances:

1 Large Casserole Dish
1 Large Bowl for Mixing
1 Food Processor
1 Cheese Grater

Ingredients:

1 Red, Orange, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
1 Package small sweet peppers
1 package baby portobello mushrooms
6 green onions
3 cloves of garlic
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp Curry Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 tbs Italian Seasoning
2 tbs Soy Sauce
2 tbs A1 Steak sauce
1/2 lbs Raw Shrimp (Peeled and De-veined)
1 lbs Ground Lamb
2 lbs Ground Pork
1 pkg Cream Cheese
16 strips bacon
2 cups Shredded Mozzarella
8 slices Provolone Cheese
1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese

1. Preheat the oven to 300°F (or 150°C for you foreign devils) and wash your hands.

2. Remove the Stems and seeds from the mini sweet peppers, wash and place them in the food processor.

3. Wash the baby portobello mushroom and place in them in the food processor.

4. Wash the green onions, cut off the roots, chop the onions into 3rds and place them into the food processor.

5. Peel the garlic and place into the food processor.

6. Add Salt, Pepper, Curry Powder and Italian Seasoning to the food processor.

7. Chop food in the food processor using the pulse button (if it has one) at 2 second intervals. You may need to open it up and stir the contents to make sure the larger pieces get chopped. What you want is to finely chop the vegetables but not turn them into mush.

8. Empty contents of the food processors into a large mixing bowl. You want a really big one for this as it's going roughly contain about 4 pounds of stuffing for the peppers.

9. Place the shrimp into the food processor, add soy sauce and steak sauce, then puree the shrimp. The pureed shrimp should have the consistency of cream of wheat, thick but not chunky. Add the pureed shrimp to the mixing bowl.

10. Add the ground pork and lamb to the mixing bowl.

11. Add the cream cheese and shredded mozzarella.

12. Halve the 8 peppers vertically cutting them from top to bottom so they'll lay flat on their sides, opened half facing up. (Like this)

13. Manually tear off the stems and remove the seeds.

14. At this point I like to wash my hands again.

15. Mix the contents of the bowl by hand until evenly mixed. This may take a few minutes as the cream cheese will like to stay clumped together. It's important to scoop from the outside with your hand and then press the contents down in the center of the bowl, kneading the meat.

16. It is also important to note that the reason the meat is mixed by hand an not with the food processor is that processors tend to liquify the mixture and we don't want meat paste, we want to keep the texture of the pork and lamb intact. If you have a mixer with dough kneading attachments you can use that if you're squeamish about using your hands.

17. Wash your hands when you have finished mixing.

18. Take 1 slice of provolone cheese and stuff it into a pepper half. Repeat for all the pepper halves.

19. Take meat mixture from the bowl and stuff into the pepper halves. Use a lot here, essentially you want the meat heaping on the pepper. The general rule of thumb is that you're "replacing" the missing half with meat.

20. Cover the top with 2 strips of bacon. Make sure all the exposed ground meat is covered by the bacon, but it's not a big deal if some is exposed.

21. Place each pepper in the casserole dish and then place the dish into the oven on the middle rack.

22. Bake for approximately 2 hours. Keep an eye on them. Since we're baking at 300°F the peppers will take a while to cook. The trick is to make sure the insides get done and the bacon gets nice and crispy. Generally I go by when the bacon is nice and brown. You can test one by taking it out and cutting it in half, if there's no pink inside then the peppers are ready to be enjoyed. You may also need to siphon off some of the juices, you want some juice in the dish so the peppers don't dry out, but too much and the bacon won't brown.

23. Once you remove the peppers put them on a plate and grate some of the Parmesan cheese on top of it while it is still hot and serve.

This recipe serves 8 people. Some good sides you might want to include with this are herb roasted potatoes and steamed asparagus. But really anything will work. I've had one person tell me I should look into trying to make some money off of my talent after tasting these which was really flattering. So I felt like sharing it with you guys since I know there's a few of you out there who like to cook.

I also wanted to add that the juices you siphon off can be used to make a wicked awesome gravy for the potatoes. What you need to do is let the grease cool and then refrigerate it so the fat hardens. Then scoop most (or all if you prefer) of the fat off the top and reheat the rest in a saucepan. Gradually add flour and let it cook and soon you'll have some bitchin' gravy. I like to put a couple drops of Tabasco into it to give it a little kick, but nothing to make it too fiery.

Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:17 pm

Today, I'm going to teach the org how to make potato chips. Turns out it's pretty easy! You're going to need:

*Potatoes
*Oil
*Seasoning of your choice
*Baking sheet or metal foil
*An oven

That's it!

First step is to grab your potato(es). I only had sweet potatoes lying around today, but they work too.

Slice it up. This is the hardest part, since you want your slices nice and thin so they'll cook crispy in the oven. If you get them too thick, they'll be a little soggy and come out with texture closer to fries than chips.

Next, you gotta oil them up. It's easiest to throw them in a big bowl and just toss them by hand. Also, you'll want to add your seasoning now. Anything will do. I usually default to garlic powder, but this time I used some curry powder. Works out great.

Put them on a tray or a sheet of foil and throw them in the oven. I usually do 30 minutes at 400 degrees, but you'll need to vary the cooking time depending on how thick you cut them. Since I suck at cutting things with consistency, I always end up with half my chips crispy, half of them soggy. Oops!

There will be oil leftover! Don't waste it!

Stir fry some vegetables. You'll need the nutrients.

Roughly half an hour later, you're done! Eat and enjoy.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

catgod
cat stalker
Org Profile

Post by catgod » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:12 am

mmmm looks good!

and is that a victorias secret magazine on your counter :P
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:30 pm

yeah i keep my jerk off mags right on the kitchen counter

yolo
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:21 pm

Cheese steak hoagie - Amaterasu style (sorry for that)

1) Cut thin steak into small pieces.
2) Add to pan with margarine. Add peppers and onions as well if you want.
3) Add garlic, pepper, oregano, and crushed red pepper (as much as you want).
4) When it's almost finished, add your favorite kind of cheese (enough to cover most of the steak).
5) Put on hoagie roll and enjoy.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:47 pm

Today, on cooking with ZS, we'll make... uh, a ramen, er, nabe style hotpot thing?

So back in college I ate a lot of instant ramen (as most brokeass college students do), but the problem is, ramen is actually pretty bad for you. I used to spice mine up by adding chopped veggies, meat, and all that, but then I realized what I was cooking was more like a Japanese style hotpot for one than a bowl of Ramen. I also discovered the Japanese grocery store, where I could buy big bricks of soba noodles and use those instead of ramen! (they're made of buckwheat, which isn't really wheat, and are a slow carb, and are much tastier, in my opinion!)

So, this is a meal that to this day I fix myself almost nightly. The reason I like it so much is that it's tasty, but from a nutritional standpoint, you're getting a very balanced meal, and you can switch out the ingredients to your desire. You can also cook this as a soup, or a dish!

The staples to this dish are a protein source, buckwheat soba, and vegetables. For this particular evening, I had some chicken, so I used that. Normally I would use two eggs, since they're cheaper. Here are the ingredients you'll need!

3 cups of chopped vegetables:
-onions
-spring onions
-garlic (hell yeah, all the garlic)
-bok choy
-napa cabbage
-maitake mushrooms
-brussels sprouts

Other ingredients:
-a pinch of dried seaweed (Fueru Wakame)
-a small bundle of buckwheat soba noodles
-the protein of your choice, 8 oz
-Fish sauce (just a dash for flavor during cooking)
-Soy sauce (just a dash for flavor during cooking)
-Hoisin sauce (1 teaspoon for after cooking is done)
-Siriacha sauce (1 teaspoon for after cooking is done, use this only if you like spicy)
-Shirogoma (white sesame seeds)

So, let's begin!
First off, wash everything thoroughly. Here I've peeled the garlic and cut out bad spots.
These are all plants of the allium family!

I've added the napa cabbage, bok choy, brussels sprouts, and maitake mushrooms.

Next up is the fish sauce. Just a dash, this stuff is really strong. If you've never used it before, don't be surprised if you smell something not unlike cat food. Don't worry though, the end result won't TASTE like cat food. I also add a dash of soy for flavor.

Next, fill up your pan about half way with water, and bring to a boil. Use high heat.

As soon as your water reaches boil, you'll want to add your protein. If you're using eggs, very carefully crack two raw eggs into the top center of the pot, directly over top of the vegetables, and allow them to sit there for a couple of minutes. They should cook through thoroughly in about 5 minutes. Don't stir the pot unless you want little tiny bits of egg all over the place. Generally I end up with 3-4 good size chunks of poached egg when I'm done. As for the chicken, just slice it up into bite size pieces and add it in.

Now we're talking. After about 5 minutes, the protein should be cooked. Next we'll add in the soba noodles.

Soba only needs to cook until it is al dente, so you will only want to have it in there about a minute. Just enough for it to get soft. During this time, it's a good idea to prepare the sauce that we'll put over the dish when it's done. In a small cup, combine 1 teaspoon each of the hoisin and siriacha, omit siriacha if you don't like spicy (you wuss). Thin with a few drops of water and mix it up.

Now we're ready to strain. If you want it as a soup, simply pour it all into a big bowl and add your sauces. If you want it as a dish, we'll strain it for a couple of minutes. That's how I usually do it.

Straining done, put it in the bowl, cover with sauce, and add some white sesame seeds for flavor and presentation.

Noms. Total prep time on this usually takes me only about 15 minutes each night, and this meal weighs in right at about 500-600 calories, depending on what you put into it. Keep in mind that soba is healthy, but it's also very dense, so 1/4 cup of cooked soba is around 100 of those calories. That's why I mostly do veggies and protein. If you add any sesame oil to this, be prepared to add another 120 calories to it per tbs of oil you add. Dense stuff.

Enjoy!

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:00 pm

I tried making potato chips once without looking up the recipe. Unfortunately, the only cooking oil I used was to spray the tin foil with and the slices were pretty thick, so I just ended up with baked potato slices. It was still pretty good tasting, though.
Under Construction

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:31 am

Nate's Meat Filled,
Heart Attack Causing,
Artery Clogging,
Totally Not Good For You And Probably Will Help Kill You Before You Turn 30,
MAN FOOD!

Today's Recipe: Fried Taco Seasoned Chicken with French Fries

Prep Time
1hr 15min

Ingredients:
4~6 Chicken Breasts (fresh or frozen doesn't matter)
1/2 Bag of Steak Fries (I prefer Ore-Ida)
Taco Seasoning (2 packets of your fav brand)
Granulated Garlic
Garlic Festival Garlic Garni (This is great with meat, check it out at garlicfestival.com)
Garlic Festival Lemon Garlic Garni (This is really great with chicken)
Kosher Salt
Fresh Cracked Pepper
Dry Greek Seasoning (The stuff I have has MSG in it so I leave it out when Ruu eats with me, it can be omitted with very little flavor difference)

Makes:
Meal for 2 Hungry people
or
Normal meal for 3~4 people
or
1 Dinner and 1 Lunch leftover

Steps:
First you will want to cook the chicken. I cook in the oven set at 450 Degrees F for 45 min. Place frozen breasts on a baking sheet with tin foil for easy cleanup. Wash ice crystals off breasts and place a small handful of water around the pan to help keep in moist. Lightly season the breasts with some lemon garlic garni or other favored poultry seasoning. No need to wait for the oven to pre-heat. This will make some fairly dry breasts if frozen and potentially burnt if fresh. If you prefer a moister bird then cook for 30~35 min from frozen or 25~30 if fresh. You should still see a small hint of pink if you're going for a moist breast. I prefer my bird dryer but cook to your taste.

While the chicken is cooking lets prepare the 'breading'. As you will notice in the ingredients there is no mention of normal breading items. That's because we will basically be breading the chicken in the spices. So grab a container that we can use to shake the chicken in with the seasoning (I use a half gallon prerrie farms ice cream container) and gather your seasonings. Place the taco seasoning in the container (if you make this often I suggest buying bulk seasoning from GFS or some other bulk store as the McCormick packets and what not you get at the store contains large bits in the seasoning that are a pain to clean out of the deep fryer.) Follow up with some granulated garlic, about 2 tbs full or more to taste. Next put a similar amount of the garlic garni (not the lemon) or if you don't have that try some poultry seasoning instead. Follow that up with a generous amount of cracked pepper, some kosher salt, and greek seasoning. Mix the batch as best you can.

Once the chicken is done cooking pull it out of the oven and let sit for 5~10 mins to continue to cook, cool a bit, and lock in the juices. Now cut the breasts into small, nugget like pieces. We will be deep frying these pieces so they should be about thumb size at least (around 1/2 inch by 1/4 inch) as they will shrink during the final stages of cooking. Once you have all the pieces cut simply place them all in the container with the spices, cover, and shake vigorously. You'll know your done when you open the container and see the majority of the pieces completely covered with seasoning.

Now it's time to begin the deep frying. I own a table top deep fryer, but you can make your own with a stove, a dutch oven, and some oil. I use canola but use whatever you prefer. Heat to aprox 375 degrees F the oil. Once ready place your pieces from the mixing container directly into the hot oil. Try not to spill extra seasoning as you can use that again as long as you keep it dry and any extra you get into the oil will need to be cleaned out eventually, but will help season the oil for future endeavors (I like to save my oil and use it to add extra flavor to other items I fry.) Fry the chicken for aprox 2~3 mins, you will know it's ready once the corners begin to brown/crisp. Dry on paper towels and season with a bit more granulated garlic. While the chicken is sitting place your fries into the deep fryer and cook for 3~4 mins until they begin to brown as well. Once the fries are done dry them on paper towels and season with some pepper and garlic as well.

One thing to note, while I'm cooking the fries I like to place the chicken back onto the pan I cooked them in (with the old tin foil removed and new tin foil in it's place) and place it back in the cooling oven (I turn the oven off once I remove the chicken) which helps to further dry out the chicken before serving and keeps it warm. I will do the same with the fries as well, keeping them in the oven for about 3~5 mins while I set the table.

Serve with preferred beverage (pepsi always goes well for me) and seasonings (sea salt, pepper grinder, ketchup) and enjoy.

That's it. I developed this recipe working in food service in college. I'd take the chicken breasts we had for the grill and mix them with taco and fajita seasoning and fry them up with some crinkle fries (we didn't have steak fries.) It made for a tasty meal after work. I've refined the seasoning recipe since then but the basics are still all there. I'm sure this would probably work well with smaller seasoning portions and adding in some break crumbs and flour for dredging, I've just never bothered to do it.

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”