NaNoWriMo and you! Let's write during November!

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: NaNoWriMo and you! Let's write during November!

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:24 am

A little behind, BUT I'm in the depths of chapter one/two, setting up a lot of stuff, so there's a lot to make sure and get in there.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:52 am

I'm getting a little intimidated, though not by the fact that I can't write, more by the fact that I write far too much and have set up overly-lofty goals for myself in my VN project. My proof-of-concept doc alone is almost 12,000 words. My character profiles weigh in at a couple thousand words each. My plot summary, which needs a lot of editing down, is currently hovering around 50,000 :uhoh:

(obviously most of this was written before nanowrimo, but in the last week I've produced somewhere in the neighbourhood of 20,000 words' worth of brand new material, all of it still preliminary)

This means that I either a) have lots to say, or b) have no idea how to say anything except through gigantic conceptual rants.

On the bright side, I'm gonna have stuff to show other people soon. (Actually already have some, but as soon as I can rewrite/edit down my character and plot summary docs, it'll be a lot better...)
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:26 am

Im gonna jump on this even though Im a few days late. I've had a comic I've been wanting to start for the longest time and I really want to be able to start it by the end of the year, so I'll be darned if this isn't a good excuse. Not entirely sure what my end goal will be for the month though, maybe have a chapter written out?

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:16 am

Sweet deal! Hey, as long as you get something done, right?

I left my laptop locked in my desk drawer in sleep mode overnight like an idiot. I'll get back on track today, generally its batteries are pretty good so it should last long enough for me to write during my breaks.

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:34 pm

Didn't get a ton of writing done today, but I finished off the night at 12498 words. I think I'm going to stop posting excerpts because my writing is getting progressively shittier, and it's starting to show.

Time to unwind with some hot cider.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:05 pm

Welp, as usual Youma has left be a whole week behind, but after I get off work tonight and finish up the last few loose ends I need to get done for Youma (mainly posting the recaps of videos played and finalists and video lists ect, and begin verifying addresses for award winners) I think I'm gonna get back into my nano project and see what I can get down on paper tonight, provided the little woman will leave me alone in order to do it....

EDIT: Turns out the little woman wanted to go out. Dinner and Wreck it Ralph was nice but a major distraction. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.
ImageImageImageImage

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:40 am

Just hit 15k words. Current protag is going to need a lot of development to become interesting, but that's what this draft is for. She'll come into full bloom by the first real draft.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:12 pm

16555. Feeling good.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:09 pm

Good job. I'm gonna do another minute of storyboards tonight, at least.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:47 pm

Spent the last hour and a half writing mostly non-stop. Filled about 5 pages of this legal pad.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Return to “General Discussion”