Patrick Bohnet (Quu) Has Passed Away

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
scottanime
The One
Org Profile

Re: Patrick Bohnet (Quu) Has Passed Away

Post by scottanime » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:19 pm

Quu was the first person to help me when I took over as AMV coordinator for Fanime in 2003. He even went as far as to attend the event in both 2003 and 2004 along with Debra. His guidance shaped the foundation of that event and how I have run AMV event ever since. His brilliant methods and personality will always be remembered. We have all lost a great friend.
Scott Peterson
NDK AMV Coordinator 2006-2022
Sac Anime AMV Coordinator 2007 & 2010
Fanime AMV Coordinator 2003-2006

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:25 pm

Awww man. :(

This is extremely sad news, he was a good guy. I can't pretend that I knew him really well, but even the casual observer could see that he was easy to get along with, eager to help people (whether it was tech-related, or cooking/baking advice), and so endearingly proud of his new little daughter. This is terrible news, indeed, my thoughts are with his family.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:57 pm

This better be a fucking joke.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:08 pm

NO Joke Pwolf... Patrick was a personal friend.. I stayed at his house countless years when I can in early for AWA... He was very proud about his daughter and wife and being a Dad and family man was his top priority.

He will be missed by all his friends and everyone he knew at AWA. His shoes and the stuff he did for AWA VAT will be very hard to fill too...

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:23 pm

I am shocked and saddened by this sudden and tragic news. Quu was one of the founders of this site. Without him, there would be no AnimeMusicVodeos.org. Words cannot express how much gratitude I have towards him through the years. He and his influence will be sorely missed. My heart goes out to his family through this extremely difficult time.

Patrick, I miss you, my friend...

Phade.

Pie Row Maniac
Org Profile

Post by Pie Row Maniac » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:27 pm

I didn't know him very well, but his name was one of the first I saw when I first came to the Org. Over the years, his name continually popped up, obviously being a major influence and compatriot to the community as a whole, even to someone like me who didn't know him. You will be missed.

Rest in peace, Quu.
Image Image

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:30 pm

I was pretty shocked to hear the news as well.

Even though I've only talked and hung out with him a few times at AWA, he was a great guy who deeply cared about the AMV community. I still remember reading his journal saying that "I will even treat a Linkin Ball Z video with the utmost respect if it's entered in one of my contests."

It's hard to find someone who had that much love and dedication to the community. He will truly be missed. :cry: :cry:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:38 pm

My condolences to his family.

rys
Org Profile

Post by rys » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:39 pm

Very sad to hear the news about Pat :(

You know when I met Pat at AWA back in the late 90s, AMVs were around, but they weren't a large part of any convention. You could tell back then that Pat was a guy who really had it together and was helping make what came to be the biggest forum for anime music video creators. Over the years I saw the AMV community grow because of what Pat helped build. Thanks to that I'm grateful to him, not only for all the great people I was able to meet over those years, but for being a prime example of integrity and hard work. His example is a testament to what can be accomplished when you put that level of dedication into anything you do.

So thanks for everything Pat, you will truly be missed brother.

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:41 pm

I think if there were to ever be a VCA-type awards that covered the last 15 years, Quu would probably win Most Helpful. His impact on the hobby cannot be overstated. When it came to AMV contests at conventions, Patrick held the gold standard on how to run one well, and that in turn trickled down to everything else. And he did all that with a huge amount of grace and dedication. He was a truly wonderful man and he will be missed terribly. I send my well wishes to his wife, daughter and family in this awful time.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Return to “General Discussion”