Marvel Or DC?

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Re: Marvel Or DC?

Postby GloryQuestor » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:36 pm

I edge out Marvel over DC for having some great stories in some of their comics, but lately I haven't really liked the storylines in any of the comics. I haven't ordered a superhero comic book in a while (well, other than DC's new He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, but you know what I mean). The only comic series I'm keeping up with these days is Marvel's Oz series (and also the Yotsuba&! GNs).

btw, my favorite character is Richard Rider (aka Nova, The Human Rocket). He's had some great stories in the '70s, I liked early New Warriors with him in it, and he had one of the most engaging storylines in his self-titled series from 2007 - 2010. I was pretty miffed when his own series ended abruptly and they stuck him in other series for a bit, then later killed him off and now has been replaced by another guy. Also, their signature character Spider-Man has been not so great in his appearances in FF and even his own comics. This is pretty much why I'm miffed at Marvel right now. :?
Samurai Warriors Productions
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Video Art Track Department Supervisor
Another Anime Convention - Fan-Works Theater Staff
ImageImage
GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero

Marvel Or DC?

Postby TEKnician » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:59 pm

GloryQuestor wrote: miffed

:awesome:
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.
TEKnician

Postby LantisEscudo » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:08 pm

I'm pretty much a DC fan through-and-through, though I don't really like the big headline heroes of either stable. It's DC's second-tier heroes that I really like, especially the Bat family (Robin, Red Robin, Batgirl, Nightwing), and for some bizzare reason, I really liked the Spoiler as a character. Hopefully she'll be back in this new continuity somewhere.
LantisEscudo

Postby aesling » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:21 am

DC, because Marvel kept paying Rob Liefeld for some fucking reason.
aesling
Mad Scientist

Postby Kristyrat » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:43 am

aesling wrote:DC, because Marvel kept paying Rob Liefeld for some fucking reason.

DC's got Liefeld on their projects too :( I was incredibly happy with Kyle Higgins's new Deathstroke, but after the first arc he left and now Liefeld is doing both art and story. :down:
Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin

Postby Brad » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:53 am

And now Liefeld is leaving DC. And nobody cried.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site
Brad

Postby Kristyrat » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:56 am

Brad wrote:And now Liefeld is leaving DC. And nobody cried.

Hey! Good news, 2013 can't come soon enough.
Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin

Postby aesling » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:37 pm

Haha, damn, I checked his wikipedia page before I went to make that joke but either I didn't read it carefully enough or it's not been updated. But screw that guy, seriously.
aesling
Mad Scientist

Postby Pwolf » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:48 pm

Brad wrote:And now Liefeld is leaving DC. And nobody cried.

DC was probably holding him back. The man is a visionary, ahead of his time.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby Kaream » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:14 am

DC All the way, I never really read Marvel comics but I've seen all the films and some cartoons growing up.

On the film aspect, Dark Knight Rises hands down better than Avengers. The whole trilogy is amazing.

And for DC we have Man Of Steel coming up, which looks really amazing. Plus you can't go wrong with Superman when David Goyer, Zack, and Nolan on the same team.
Kaream

Postby competitionbros » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:58 pm

Kaream wrote:DC All the way, I never really read Marvel comics but I've seen all the films and some cartoons growing up.

On the film aspect, Dark Knight Rises hands down better than Avengers. The whole trilogy is amazing.

And for DC we have Man Of Steel coming up, which looks really amazing. Plus you can't go wrong with Superman when David Goyer, Zack, and Nolan on the same team.

Gotta disagree. I found Batman Begins/Dark Knight to be ok and Dark Knight Rises was terrible. Meanwhile I think Avengers is the best Superhero movie ever made.
competitionbros

Postby Mkid » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:50 pm

competitionbros wrote:
Kaream wrote:DC All the way, I never really read Marvel comics but I've seen all the films and some cartoons growing up.

Gotta disagree. I found Batman Begins/Dark Knight to be ok and Dark Knight Rises was terrible. Meanwhile I think Avengers is the best Superhero movie ever made.

Im pro DC here but i have to agree with Compbros!

Also , also , also

Kitty Pyrde
All Current Members of the runaways
and i love Iceman [because he was born in my home town <3]
are AWESOME!
Mkid
Im on the case

Postby [key]Scarlet » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:56 am

Marvel has movies and characters that in general are better than the DC ones, but Batman alone is enough to destroy the Marvel world :shark:
[key]Scarlet
the world that never was

Postby Kaream » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:56 am

competitionbros wrote:

It all depends on tastes, Avengers is an action-packed film with a lot of hype and buildup of the Superheroes. It's good but, I could see a kid liking it a lot more than I do. Dark Knight Rises was one the best movies ever, great way to close the curtains imo. To me, It's all about storyline, concept, depth, and character development; all of which the Batman trilogy performs brilliantly. This is why I love it : p
Kaream

Marvel Or DC?

Postby TEKnician » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:51 pm

Avengers had great chemistry between the characters. Given the fact that Joss Whedon (director of Firefly) made this one, it's BOUND to be close-knit and fun.

I also gotta point out that SUPERMAN, BATMAN, and WONDER WOMAN were American Icons! They are cherished treasures. Marvel had cartoons, but DC had live-action. Sure, marvel has Captain America as the poster boy for the red white and blue...

But Let's be honest...

Captain America versus Superman?

I'll let you figure that one out...
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.
TEKnician

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion