Hey y'all, I haven't been here in ages, just wanted to post a little update about happenings on Planet HypeO.
* I've been writing a screenplay for the last two years. That's longer than it took me to make Dead to the World. By my incontrovertible logic, since DTTW was good and it only took me 18 months, this script will be GREAT because it's taken me two years -
* I've been an employed photographer for those two years. I haven't edited anything in two years.
* I'm going to direct this screenplay and make it happen. No, I'm not going to 'grab a camera and shoot something', I'm too much of a perfectionist for that. It's going to be a real movie, with real professionals and real money.
* In a year or two (god willing) when people actually SEE this movie, y'all will almost CERTAINLY smile and think "yup, there's an AMV moment. Yup, there's another one again."
* I'm 26 years old, making $1,000 a month, with no car, no college degree, 5 grand of debt, and a lot of hope. I have about $50 of disposable income in a month, and that almost always gets spent on coffee. This is what it means to be a starving artist. I haven't bought a new pair of shoes in 4 years. My on/off girlfriend of two years just walked away after saying "I need someone who knows how to navigate the system. I need a house, a car, security."
* I write this because maybe there's someone out there who's also going all in on their dream. Anything worth doing will be exceptionally difficult. The difference between success and failure more often than not is perserverance.
* I haven't retired from AMVs.
* I'll thank everyone here at the Oscars.