Little Things You Love

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Re: Little Things You Love

Postby ZephyrStar » Tue May 28, 2013 11:51 am

Productivity.

Went home to visit the folks for the 3 day weekend. Was going to sit on my ass and read manga and drink beer. Instead I managed somehow to work all 3 of those days planting the vegetable/herb garden, weeding it, weeding flower beds, putting in brick edgings to the beds, planting a bunch of perennials, and single-handedly moving about a ton of mulch, shovel by shovel.

And I ain't even tired.

My ass and back kinda hurts from all that shoveling though. But that means I did it right. |:>
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby Athena » Tue May 28, 2013 5:40 pm

Self made, scratch made curry. Frack your powder or cubes.
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby Pwolf » Tue May 28, 2013 5:47 pm

Hey man, I like my cubes.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby Ileia » Thu May 30, 2013 12:51 am

If I pull my hair back and don't wear make-up or glasses, I get called "ma'am". If I do wear make-up and glasses and leave my hair down? "Miss". It never fails.
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby Athena » Thu May 30, 2013 2:19 am

Hmm, interesting.

Because of Japanese etiquette, I only really get "okyakusama" (or "guest/visitor/customer") when I go out. I've been referred to as "josei" once. I really have no recollection of what I got in the States, and I was just there in March, so... Hmm. Next time I go back, (Christmas?) I'll have to pay attention.
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby JaddziaDax » Thu May 30, 2013 3:46 am

Due to my current hair color I got called "grandma" the other day... I think its time to dye it again, the blue didn't stick very well and now its a grayish purple with random other colors in patches everywhere.
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby Ileia » Thu May 30, 2013 6:17 am

JaddziaDax wrote:Due to my current hair color I got called "grandma" the other day... I think its time to dye it again, the blue didn't stick very well and now its a grayish purple with random other colors in patches everywhere.

Well, that was the other thing. I dyed my hair a month ago and last night I had like three coworkers ask me if I'd dyed it. "Uh.....yeah...a month ago...." But I generally wear my hair up, so wearing it down also gets a lot of comments from people about it. "Did you get a haircut?" "I didn't know your hair was that long....." haha
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby JaddziaDax » Thu May 30, 2013 12:31 pm

Well they can tell "something is different" with your hair, they just never payed enough attention as to what, so they are probably stumbling around guessing :D
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby 8bit_samurai » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:01 am

As simple as it may be, the little things in IRC like

[18:20] md :|
[18:23] Kionon |:
[18:29] AteBitSamurai .-.
[18:31] Devo ._.
Under Construction
8bit_samurai
Hmm...

Postby chitzilla » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:46 pm

8bit_samurai wrote:As simple as it may be, the little things in IRC like

[18:20] md :|
[18:23] Kionon |:
[18:29] AteBitSamurai .-.
[18:31] Devo ._.

[18:32] chit xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/
chitzilla
cat stalker

Postby animefreak00007 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:15 am

Stretching out while sitting at the desk and looking down and going, "Why hello Left Tricep you're looking rather quite defined today" then looking at the right one and going "Kick it in gear Right Tricep, can't even see any definition on you". Maybe I'll see some in a month once I get further along in P90X and Insanity.
animefreak00007

Postby meleechampion » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:28 am

animefreak00007 wrote:Stretching out while sitting at the desk and looking down and going, "Why hello Left Tricep you're looking rather quite defined today" then looking at the right one and going "Kick it in gear Right Tricep, can't even see any definition on you". Maybe I'll see some in a month once I get further along in P90X and Insanity.

Oh man, I check out my right tricep all the time. I hope my left isn't feeling neglected. It probably is. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
meleechampion

Postby dj_ultima_the_great » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:29 am

Two things today.

1. The smell of the lilac bushes coming in through my window when it's open.

2. "Week 2.5 Face." My skin is pretty predictable; I always know that it's going to fuck me over with at least one pimple at all times. Sometimes there are two or three, but it's usually just one, and just as the first one starts healing, another one always pops up to take its place. However, there is a short golden time about two-and-a-half weeks after my menstruation that my skin is actually clear, and what little red marks might remain are easily covered with makeup. I call this my Week 2.5 Face, and I cross my fingers that all major photogenic events fall in this timeframe. It barely lasts a week - normally only a few days, tops - before my pre-menstrual hormones kick in and fuck shit up on my ugly mug. For those few days, though, I fuckin' feel like Marilyn Monroe. Amazingly, my golden birthday fell during this time. Infuriatingly, no one took pictures. :down:
dj_ultima_the_great

Postby JaddziaDax » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:32 am

:up:
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby Athena » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:40 am

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:2. "Week 2.5 Face." My skin is pretty predictable; I always know that it's going to fuck me over with at least one pimple at all times. Sometimes there are two or three, but it's usually just one, and just as the first one starts healing, another one always pops up to take its place. However, there is a short golden time about two-and-a-half weeks after my menstruation that my skin is actually clear, and what little red marks might remain are easily covered with makeup. I call this my Week 2.5 Face, and I cross my fingers that all major photogenic events fall in this timeframe. It barely lasts a week - normally only a few days, tops - before my pre-menstrual hormones kick in and fuck shit up on my ugly mug. For those few days, though, I fuckin' feel like Marilyn Monroe. Amazingly, my golden birthday fell during this time. Infuriatingly, no one took pictures. :down:

Curious, are you on BC at all? I'm on a variant of ortho tricyclen for hormone rebalancing, and it's the best my skin has been EVER. I used to have one or two pimples anywhere on my face at any given time, and sometimes elsewhere. I also just saw a picture of me in 2006 and my skin was sooooooo horrid.

Don't have that problem anymore.
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion