Little Things You Love

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Miaka999
Org Profile

Re: Little Things You Love

Post by Miaka999 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:06 pm

Oh I majored in anthropology (more of biomedical and archeology). Let me just say getting a job is really hard considering the fact that not many get a job right after you graduate. Yes you can do lots of things with anthropology but it depends where its being offered and if a masters is required or doctorate. Despite my fantasies of working on National Geographic or becoming the next Indiana Jones or next Laura Croft...hmmm... you need a lot of funds and money to work for a famous archaeologist. Becoming a professor is always an option as well as becoming a researcher.

Miaka999
Org Profile

Post by Miaka999 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:11 pm

Love to dance so much that it was my second career choice in becoming a professional ballerina
Peter Tchaikovsky is my alltime favorite composer to dance to.

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:31 pm

Miaka999 wrote:Oh I majored in anthropology (more of biomedical and archeology). Let me just say getting a job is really hard considering the fact that not many get a job right after you graduate. Yes you can do lots of things with anthropology but it depends where its being offered and if a masters is required or doctorate. Despite my fantasies of working on National Geographic or becoming the next Indiana Jones or next Laura Croft...hmmm... you need a lot of funds and money to work for a famous archaeologist. Becoming a professor is always an option as well as becoming a researcher.
I won't lie, getting a job in Anthropology is not a cakewalk. Depending on which field of Anthropology you want to get into, a Masters/PhD may not be required, but you will definitely get less respect (and probably pay) if you do not get a doctorate. However, it is a great excuse to spend your time learning about other cultures, and how to think a bit outside of your own social constructs, which was why I was throwing the idea out there. I know in Archaeology (specifically in the U.S.), a lot of the jobs are either in teaching or Cultural Resource Management (excavating sites that are about to be destroyed by development). It might be worth researching what programs and job requirements are in your area though, if you are interested, because generally outside of the U.S., Anthropology and Archaeology are two separate fields so the employment situation where you are might be a bit different (and forgive me if I'm wrong but it seemed like from some of your other posts you're not in the U.S., Ambiati)

Also, if you go into Archaeology expecting it to be like Indiana Jones you are doomed to disappointment.
:ying:

Miaka999
Org Profile

Post by Miaka999 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:55 pm

I was being sarcastic about the Indiana Jones part lol but my friends all teased me about it thinking that archaeology is like Indiana Jones when its not :) oh vey

Cecco
Biscotto
Org Profile

Post by Cecco » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:56 pm

Ambiati
Org Profile

Post by Ambiati » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:30 pm

aesling wrote:
Miaka999 wrote:Oh I majored in anthropology (more of biomedical and archeology). Let me just say getting a job is really hard considering the fact that not many get a job right after you graduate. Yes you can do lots of things with anthropology but it depends where its being offered and if a masters is required or doctorate. Despite my fantasies of working on National Geographic or becoming the next Indiana Jones or next Laura Croft...hmmm... you need a lot of funds and money to work for a famous archaeologist. Becoming a professor is always an option as well as becoming a researcher.
I won't lie, getting a job in Anthropology is not a cakewalk. Depending on which field of Anthropology you want to get into, a Masters/PhD may not be required, but you will definitely get less respect (and probably pay) if you do not get a doctorate. However, it is a great excuse to spend your time learning about other cultures, and how to think a bit outside of your own social constructs, which was why I was throwing the idea out there. I know in Archaeology (specifically in the U.S.), a lot of the jobs are either in teaching or Cultural Resource Management (excavating sites that are about to be destroyed by development). It might be worth researching what programs and job requirements are in your area though, if you are interested, because generally outside of the U.S., Anthropology and Archaeology are two separate fields so the employment situation where you are might be a bit different (and forgive me if I'm wrong but it seemed like from some of your other posts you're not in the U.S., Ambiati)

Also, if you go into Archaeology expecting it to be like Indiana Jones you are doomed to disappointment.

As much as I love learning about different cultures, if I don't get respect and a good pay for it, I won't do it.
If I won't be able to survive then there's no point in pursuing anthropology. Which is why I want to be a pilot. I like the idea of flight and I'll get to travel around and meet different people and learn more about their culture and language. So I'll get to kill two birds with one stone. And yeah, I'm not from the US. And don't worry, as much as I like Indiana Jones, I know. :P

Miaka999
Org Profile

Post by Miaka999 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:36 pm

One day I will unlock the secrets of the under world. Be very afraid

Ambiati
Org Profile

Post by Ambiati » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:39 pm

Miaka999 wrote:One day I will unlock the secrets of the under world. Be very afraid
Spoiler :

Miaka999
Org Profile

Post by Miaka999 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:59 pm

Muahhaaaha

SeNniN
Org Profile

Post by SeNniN » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:41 pm

Alriight.. I have a confession. Watching reruns of Spongebob. :awesome:
Just the first few seasons, the new Spongebob is meh.

Return to “General Discussion”