Little Things You Hate

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Re: Little things you hate?

Post by irriadin » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:48 pm

Continuing on the same page Otohiko's on... I really can't stand people who mix up "your" and "you're." It's not that hard, break the contraction down and see if it makes sense still.

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:52 pm

I hate seeing the following words confused in publications (I try to be more forgiving otherwise):

decimate/annihilate
egress/ingress
nauseous/nauseated
healthy/healthful

zibbazabba905
Org Profile

Post by zibbazabba905 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:55 pm

another two: reading though slow moving forums, making a comment here and there, and when checking for replies, noticing that you have the "most recent post" in all topics for the past week.

and reading through tvtropes articles that you've already read looking for anything new
"Uhmmm... You know... it was at that point that I realized that maybe Thierry wasn't actually a film maker, and he was maybe just someone with mental problems who happened to have a camera. " -Banksy

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Oto: I do that a lot when talking about food in English. :uhoh: I just end up saying the Italian word since I'm too lazy to learn most other food words (and the fact that a good chunk of food-related words in English are identical to the Italian ones just helps me laze around :pizza: ).

Also, I shall x2 irriadin and add "it's" and "its" to the list. It mostly irks me because it didn't take me much to learn how they work, and I'm not even native, so it can't be that hard! >_<

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:07 pm

Speaking of the linguistics/grammar...

I used to be a grammar nazi, but then I decided that it was eventually a losing battle. It was sometime after I started working in my professional atmosphere (office) and started seeing CEOs, CFOs, Bank Representatives and members of the IRS typing "There information needs to be sent by tomorrow. Its very important!".

Still irritating, but I've long since lost my edge.

==========

Oh, and being back on topic...

I hate people that come in like 1 minute before closing time and expect full service and all possible cooperation. >:|

zibbazabba905
Org Profile

Post by zibbazabba905 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:10 pm

mirkosp wrote:...
Also, I shall x2 irriadin and add "it's" and "its" to the list. It mostly irks me because it didn't take me much to learn how they work, and I'm not even native, so it can't be that hard! >_<
OK, no where near a reversal.

When people correct the use of plurals when the object isn't plural/is the same when plural. Internets. Mooses. We know its wrong.

also, when parents/relatives print out e-mails and wonder why they have no ink
ALSO, ink cartridges that are more expensive than printers. Got a whole stack full of cheap printers, they just need ink.

(I think I may fill this thread :sweat: )
"Uhmmm... You know... it was at that point that I realized that maybe Thierry wasn't actually a film maker, and he was maybe just someone with mental problems who happened to have a camera. " -Banksy

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:13 pm

My mother, even now, can NOT figure out the difference between there, their and they're. >____O

Do you have any idea how frustrating it was to be 13 and checking your mother's legal documents for basic errors like that? And you've seen my typing, it's horrendous! D: Imagine someone WORSE than ME. o_____________o

zibbazabba905
Org Profile

Post by zibbazabba905 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:24 pm

GAH! I am just full of Little Things I Hate...

-site related: Finding an awesome AMV and wanting to gush about how awesome it is, except its been out for 5+ years, and even the editor doesn't come around anymore -being into crossovers of fringe fandoms that are only shipped by me and two other people (I KNOW I am the only one who thinks touhou x frisky dingo is perfect for each other)

-hitting submit and then remembering more stuff you wanted to post

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:33 pm

irriadin wrote:Continuing on the same page Otohiko's on... I really can't stand people who mix up "your" and "you're." It's not that hard, break the contraction down and see if it makes sense still.
i hate when i do this, i know the difference and everything and i get onto people when they get it wrong but sometimes i just put you're instead of your for some reason. It's almost as if my snobbery for your/you're has backfired and i'm using you're for everything instead of everyone else using your for everything because it's easier to type.

also, not knowing what people are talking about and instead of asking like a geek, waiting to find out through conversation but never ever finding out.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Little things you hate?

Post by TEKnician » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:59 pm

Cock...

...roaches

And not knowing why they are called such.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

Return to “General Discussion”