Little Things You Hate

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Re: Little things you hate?

Postby irriadin » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:48 pm

Continuing on the same page Otohiko's on... I really can't stand people who mix up "your" and "you're." It's not that hard, break the contraction down and see if it makes sense still.
irriadin
BUBBLES!

Postby Warlike Swans » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:52 pm

I hate seeing the following words confused in publications (I try to be more forgiving otherwise):

decimate/annihilate
egress/ingress
nauseous/nauseated
healthy/healthful
Warlike Swans

Postby zibbazabba905 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:55 pm

another two: reading though slow moving forums, making a comment here and there, and when checking for replies, noticing that you have the "most recent post" in all topics for the past week.

and reading through tvtropes articles that you've already read looking for anything new
"Uhmmm... You know... it was at that point that I realized that maybe Thierry wasn't actually a film maker, and he was maybe just someone with mental problems who happened to have a camera. " -Banksy
zibbazabba905

Postby mirkosp » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Oto: I do that a lot when talking about food in English. :uhoh: I just end up saying the Italian word since I'm too lazy to learn most other food words (and the fact that a good chunk of food-related words in English are identical to the Italian ones just helps me laze around :pizza: ).

Also, I shall x2 irriadin and add "it's" and "its" to the list. It mostly irks me because it didn't take me much to learn how they work, and I'm not even native, so it can't be that hard! >_<
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby CodeZTM » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:07 pm

Speaking of the linguistics/grammar...

I used to be a grammar nazi, but then I decided that it was eventually a losing battle. It was sometime after I started working in my professional atmosphere (office) and started seeing CEOs, CFOs, Bank Representatives and members of the IRS typing "There information needs to be sent by tomorrow. Its very important!".

Still irritating, but I've long since lost my edge.

==========

Oh, and being back on topic...

I hate people that come in like 1 minute before closing time and expect full service and all possible cooperation. >:|
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby zibbazabba905 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:10 pm

mirkosp wrote:...
Also, I shall x2 irriadin and add "it's" and "its" to the list. It mostly irks me because it didn't take me much to learn how they work, and I'm not even native, so it can't be that hard! >_<

OK, no where near a reversal.

When people correct the use of plurals when the object isn't plural/is the same when plural. Internets. Mooses. We know its wrong.

also, when parents/relatives print out e-mails and wonder why they have no ink
ALSO, ink cartridges that are more expensive than printers. Got a whole stack full of cheap printers, they just need ink.

(I think I may fill this thread :sweat: )
"Uhmmm... You know... it was at that point that I realized that maybe Thierry wasn't actually a film maker, and he was maybe just someone with mental problems who happened to have a camera. " -Banksy
zibbazabba905

Postby Radical_Yue » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:13 pm

My mother, even now, can NOT figure out the difference between there, their and they're. >____O

Do you have any idea how frustrating it was to be 13 and checking your mother's legal documents for basic errors like that? And you've seen my typing, it's horrendous! D: Imagine someone WORSE than ME. o_____________o
ImageImage
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

Postby zibbazabba905 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:24 pm

GAH! I am just full of Little Things I Hate...

-site related: Finding an awesome AMV and wanting to gush about how awesome it is, except its been out for 5+ years, and even the editor doesn't come around anymore

-being into crossovers of fringe fandoms that are only shipped by me and two other people (I KNOW I am the only one who thinks touhou x frisky dingo is perfect for each other)

-hitting submit and then remembering more stuff you wanted to post
zibbazabba905

Postby gotegenks » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:33 pm

irriadin wrote:Continuing on the same page Otohiko's on... I really can't stand people who mix up "your" and "you're." It's not that hard, break the contraction down and see if it makes sense still.

i hate when i do this, i know the difference and everything and i get onto people when they get it wrong but sometimes i just put you're instead of your for some reason. It's almost as if my snobbery for your/you're has backfired and i'm using you're for everything instead of everyone else using your for everything because it's easier to type.

also, not knowing what people are talking about and instead of asking like a geek, waiting to find out through conversation but never ever finding out.
gotegenks

Little things you hate?

Postby TEKnician » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:59 pm

Cock...

...roaches

And not knowing why they are called such.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.
TEKnician

Postby Taite » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:15 pm

When girls say, "Oh my god, you look so pretty!/I love your hair/eyes/etc." when really you look like shit, and the only reason they're saying it is because they want you to say something nice about them. So I always just say, "Thanks!" and walk away. bitches.

When people leave the milk out. I'll murder you :awesome:

Any light in my room when I'm going to bed.

Moths.

People who say "woof" instead of "wolf."

People who don't know you trying to comfort you after something terrible has happened. Bitch, please.

Moths.
Image Image
Taite

Postby TritioAFB » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:27 pm

So the thread is now about linguistics? 'pokerface'

I hate that everytime I need to download a single excel document, the internet suddenly fails D:
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
ImageImage
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld

Postby Fire_Starter » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:10 am

People who post every single little little detail/picture/story about their baby starting from the moment they realize they're pregnant. You know the ones I'm talking about. It starts with posting the ultrasound pics, and doesn't end until you block them to save your sanity. Yes, we get it. You made a spawnling and you're excited. But guess what, NOBODY ELSE CARES.
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010
Fire_Starter

Postby kikai_saigono » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:14 am

When I'm reading something, like a book, and someone keeps. Talking. To. You.

Like please go away, I want to read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for the 28th time. Thanks.
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.
kikai_saigono

Postby Pwolf » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:38 am

Taite wrote:People who say "woof" instead of "wolf."

You have no idea...

-Pwoof
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion