Little Things You Hate

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Re: Little Things You Hate

Postby Castor Troy » Sat May 18, 2013 2:03 am

I hate it when people use "I have a life" as an excuse to why they're not achieving their dreams or being successful.

I got into an argument with my sister recently on why she still hasn't graduated college and is still stuck in her dead end job. About a year ago, she planned to write a blog and start her own webshow (like I did). I asked her about all of those a year later, which is now and she got all defensive and said "I have a life". :roll:

Every time she comes home from work, all she does is either goes on her computer and chats with people or goes out to parties and stuff, meeting stupid loser guys she bitches about.

I'm starting to feel more like her dad than her older brother. :nono:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby animefreak00007 » Thu May 23, 2013 10:37 pm

Reaching for a measuring cup, and stabbing yourself with a Knife that's next to the measuring cup... It was in the center of my hand so it kind of hurts to move my fingers now... at least it was on my right hand... I don't use that for much of anything but the mouse which doesn't require finger movements.
animefreak00007

Postby Hiro The Dragon King » Fri May 24, 2013 11:32 pm

Going out to my car and pulling the handle only to find out that I have locked it... and I don't have the keys. For some reason, that thirty seconds of having to get my keys is the harshest thirty seconds of my life.
Hiro The Dragon King

Postby Pwolf » Fri May 24, 2013 11:38 pm

My car has keyless entry and start so I never take my keys out of my pocket... unless the battery in the key fob is dead: "What? Wait... NO! DAMNIT!"
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby Hiro The Dragon King » Sat May 25, 2013 12:11 am

I am so bad it it. I used to live on five acres in the woods and never had to lock my car ever. Now, I have gotten used to locking it, but I always forget that I have. I also have anger issues so my keyless entry no longer stays on a keyring. I also forget everything ever.

Also, walking into a room and forgetting why. Stupid brain; something to do with compartmentalization of memory.
Hiro The Dragon King

Postby catgod » Sat May 25, 2013 12:25 am

I just don't like driving in general~~
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/
catgod
cat stalker

Postby Pwolf » Sat May 25, 2013 10:22 am

I used hate driving.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pwolf

Postby dj_ultima_the_great » Sat May 25, 2013 10:26 am

chit wrote:I just don't like driving in general~~

Word, sister. I never understood why people like just going out for a drive. In fact, I'm not looking forward to driving home from work tonight, because that will be right when the assholes all run their pickup trucks up and down the main drag. The stupid bastards weave in and out of traffic at fifteen miles over the speed limit (at least) and will ride your tail if you don't speed up or make an opening for them to pass - and all I can think is, "How fucking country are you that this is the best entertainment you could come up with for Saturday night?" They're morons for doing it on the main road, too, because every single weekend I see some idiot get pulled over by the mountain of cops who are on the road just waiting for them to do something inevitably stupid.

Are other towns like this? I'm sure they are - and if any of you do this, shame on you. :down:
dj_ultima_the_great

Postby Pwolf » Sat May 25, 2013 10:32 am

I hate that crap. I think I started to enjoy driving just after I finally got my license and was taking night classes at the community college. Coming home at 11pm with no one else on the road was incredibly peaceful. Driving around the busy parts of town are never enjoyable but I do like to take some side roads or drive out into the farmlands/country sometimes. Less people on the road the better :P
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pwolf

Postby Athena » Sat May 25, 2013 10:41 am

I drive here in Japan, and I hate it. Tiny cars on tinier roads on medium sized mountains.

I fear for my life, I do.
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby Hiro The Dragon King » Sat May 25, 2013 7:32 pm

I like driving just for the exploration aspect. Driving alone allows me to listen to music. Where I lived, it was thirty minutes to the nearest actual town. Going anywhere immediately gave me personal time to explore music. When I was bored, I would explore the back roads, just to see new sights. One of my favorite peace time activities when I was bunked with roommates in college was to drive around the streets of Orlando while listening to Audioslave's self-titled album. Bliss. Roaming Ocala's back streets found me visiting massive abandoned lime rock quarries. Maybe I'll add this to the Little Things You Love thread.

Anyway, I hate when people talk on the phone in my car, or talk over my radio, or try to change it, or suggest music. This is my car, my personal space. You are encroaching on a very sacred sentiment. Get out.
Hiro The Dragon King

Postby dj_ultima_the_great » Mon May 27, 2013 1:49 pm

So, I went through a lot of effort to beautify myself yesterday. I donned a lovely, sparkly dress that I bought four years ago and never wore (tags still on), a pair of sexy platform Mary Jane-style shoes which were also untouched (not to mention that I had to modify and re-sew a few elements on both of those), spent forty minutes figuring out how to curl my hair with a flat iron, put on pretty makeup and my nicest jewelery, and you know what?

I didn't get to show off any of it, really. We went out to a restaurant for my birthday (I paid for myself), got birthday ice cream cupcakes (I paid for myself), bought liquor (I paid for myself), and then we went out to a friend's house. Hardly anybody even saw my outfit, and when I asked my friends repeatedly to take a picture (first I wanted a group photo, which they ignored, so then I just asked for one of me), they just kept drinking and going about their conversations.

Now, the reason that this is in this thread and not the vent thread is because it wasn't a night-killer. I still had fun, and everything was great, but when a girl spends hours making herself look pretty and puts on a dress for the first time in FOUR FUCKING YEARS, YOU TAKE HER GODDAMN PICTURE.
dj_ultima_the_great

Postby Athena » Mon May 27, 2013 1:56 pm

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:I didn't get to show off any of it, really. We went out to a restaurant for my birthday (I paid for myself), got birthday ice cream cupcakes (I paid for myself), bought liquor (I paid for myself), and then we went out to a friend's house. Hardly anybody even saw my outfit, and when I asked my friends repeatedly to take a picture (first I wanted a group photo, which they ignored, so then I just asked for one of me), they just kept drinking and going about their conversations.

No one pitched in even a little bit? Did you go out to the restaurant/cupcake place alone? If so, that is kind of lame. I hate spending birthdays alone.

[quoteNow, the reason that this is in this thread and not the vent thread is because it wasn't a night-killer. I still had fun, and everything was great, but when a girl spends hours making herself look pretty and puts on a dress for the first time in FOUR FUCKING YEARS, YOU TAKE HER GODDAMN PICTURE.[/quote]

Glad you had fun regardless.

And yeah the whole dilemma between "I did this for myself, BUT I still want other people to notice the effort I put in and given me appropriate and desired feedback" is always an issue. I don't dress up for other people, per se, I dress up for myself. But that doesn't mean I won't take an appropriate comment, and I probably will want a picture, especially if I am out with friends and we're doing stuff.

...reminds me, my friend Allie owes me Golden Week pictures.
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Mon May 27, 2013 2:37 pm

All this soreness. Cons kill me since I'm so out of shape.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby Hiro The Dragon King » Mon May 27, 2013 3:15 pm

Tension headaches. I get them frequently. I started getting them around the end of high school. My first came while doing pull-ups for our JROTC competition. I laid on a picnic table for like an hour. Now I get them every few weeks. If you ever want to feel the worst pain in the world (having had both week-long migraines and appendicitis, I can actually compare), have sex while suffering a tension headache. Having an orgasm feels like a train hit you in the face.
Hiro The Dragon King

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion