Little Things You Hate

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Re: Little Things You Hate

Post by ZephyrStar » Tue May 28, 2013 11:48 am

For all you driving-haters, come out to the East coast and drive the Blue Ridge Parkway. Guarantee you'll like driving after that. Well, at least driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:44 pm

[ edit - nevermind, my apologies. I shouldn't post about this sport of thing here, sorry]
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:11 pm

My allergies just won't quit. Really wish they'd let up a bit.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:12 pm

K-on

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:12 pm

Months with no Federal, State, or local holidays
Under Construction

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:54 pm

1. Assholes who park next to me in the space that is clearly marked as a redzone. I don't know why it even has a post denoting a space - IT IS NOT GUEST PARKING - but stupid fuckers keep parking in it and blocking my car within an inch of its life. Why anyone would want to park there is beyond me, anyway. It's the corner space, meaning it's difficult to get in or out of it due to two perpendicular cars barely giving you enough room to back out. Today's dick may or may not have gotten a dent and key scratches for his idiocy.

2. People who don't know you very well but act like they do. I'm having a curious issue with my sister's friend's husband. Just from that description, it's pretty obvious that he's not going to be that close to me, and I haven't seen him since my sister got married several years ago. Thing is, now he works at the same store as me, and every time he sees me, he stops to talk. Well, that's fine and all, but he keeps saying phrases along the lines of, "I know you better than that," or he'll start talking about people in his life that I literally have never heard of without giving me any context. I don't really consider myself his friend - more of an acquaintance - and I'm not sure how to get him to back off. He's not exactly doing anything wrong, and so I'd feel bad offending him, but it's irking the hell out of me that he acts like we're old friends when he knows next to nothing about me.

3. People who pretend you have a freedom of choice in certain situations, but it's clear that they are trying to manipulate or guilt trip you into doing a specific action. I get this a lot at work. I'm pretty easygoing, and I don't care what task I'm put on, and I'm also flexible about breaks and lunches, and so I rarely cause a fuss when someone makes a request of me. The problem with this is that it's earning me a troublesome reputation of someone who can be walked upon or ordered around freely. Example: working freight on the sales floor is a job that basically gets you left alone. When my co-workers are doing it, we let them work without interruptions while we handle customers and other tasks.

However, when I am doing it, I am constantly being called back to wait on people. That means pulling the whole cart inside, into the cooler, washing my hands, putting on gloves, and finally making my way over to the customer. By then, they're pissed at having to wait, I get stuck waiting on people for the next hour, and someone else (namely the same one or two people who always wriggle out of waiting on people) takes my job and I never get back to it. Oh, and then I get yelled at for not finishing freight. I have brought this up many times to multiple managers, but the issue goes unresolved.

I mean, like I said, I don't care what task I'm doing, but if they want me to focus on customers, then for fuck's sake, don't assign me to do other things. I have no problem waiting on people all day, but don't ask me then to do something that will remove me from the area and make it difficult to keep up with that central job. Or, better yet, stop being lazy fuckers and wait on people yourself. Stop treating me like I'm the only one capable of doing it. It's not that hard!

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:32 pm

Oh those are very good reasons to hate

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:38 am

Backseat drivers who won't shut up. D:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:03 pm

I'm a backseat driver >.>
but the last time I wasn't one, a child got ran over :P

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:04 pm