Little Things You Hate

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Ambiati
Org Profile

Re: Little Things You Hate

Post by Ambiati » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:26 pm

When I tell someone to do something and they tell me they will but then they don't. -_-;

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:49 am

Play all my cards to get a guy who can help with the famous re design and make
the site a better one just to be ignored.

Ambiati
Org Profile

Post by Ambiati » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:15 pm

I love winter but I don't like the cold D:

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:52 pm

The fact that I put in an application to a place call them back for over a month (when the person said they would call me back and never did) and finally give up because I feel the place is just jerking me around. (We have two other people we are interviewing, I'll call you back if they don't work out.)

Husband puts in application and gets interview within 2 days without even having to call them once.

Ambiati
Org Profile

Post by Ambiati » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:07 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:The fact that I put in an application to a place call them back for over a month (when the person said they would call me back and never did) and finally give up because I feel the place is just jerking me around. (We have two other people we are interviewing, I'll call you back if they don't work out.)

Husband puts in application and gets interview within 2 days without even having to call them once.
Wow! What a way to cut people off! Jerks! D:

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:09 pm

apparently the place is constantly hiring, so maybe I don't want to work there after all..

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:19 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:The fact that I put in an application to a place call them back for over a month (when the person said they would call me back and never did) and finally give up because I feel the place is just jerking me around. (We have two other people we are interviewing, I'll call you back if they don't work out.)

I've had that. Sometimes they're either a) too chicken-shit to say that they aren't interested or b) they string you along as a "just in-case.". Probably not worth it, I'd say.

Ambiati
Org Profile

Post by Ambiati » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:36 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:apparently the place is constantly hiring, so maybe I don't want to work there after all..
Yeah, sounds like they just use their employees and then when they're done, they just tell you to pack your bags and go. Doesn't sound like a job that's worth it and it's not very stable either. You might wanna go for one that doesn't look for excuses just to fire you or give you panic attacks that tomorrow might be your last day.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:50 pm

Yeah, that sucks :( It's one of those things, though, that should remain in little things - workplaces like that aren't worth being frustrated over .__.

I actually hate the process of job-searching in general and am very very happy I haven't had to do it for a while. Something about it is just soul-sucking. Last time I had to actively do it, the rejections and lame behaviour of recruiters pretty much helped put me into a depression x__x
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:09 pm

Ileia wrote:I've had that. Sometimes they're either a) too chicken-shit to say that they aren't interested or b) they string you along as a "just in-case.". Probably not worth it, I'd say.
I really wish people would have more guts to just say "no", that always frustrated me about job hunting... but it sounded like I was a "just in case" back up truthfully. Still no one likes being strung along.
Ambiati wrote:Yeah, sounds like they just use their employees and then when they're done, they just tell you to pack your bags and go. Doesn't sound like a job that's worth it and it's not very stable either. You might wanna go for one that doesn't look for excuses just to fire you or give you panic attacks that tomorrow might be your last day.
Naw I don't think it's people getting fired, more like people quitting due to their incompetence... it's retail, and if they are constantly hiring (instead of seasonally) then I really gotta wonder about how well they can keep employees happy, or at least semi-satisfied. Also, odd that they would be seasonally hiring this late in the season O.o most places have already filled their jobs.
Otohiko wrote:Yeah, that sucks :( It's one of those things, though, that should remain in little things - workplaces like that aren't worth being frustrated over .__.

I actually hate the process of job-searching in general and am very very happy I haven't had to do it for a while. Something about it is just soul-sucking. Last time I had to actively do it, the rejections and lame behaviour of recruiters pretty much helped put me into a depression x__x
Unfortunately most of the places that seem to be hiring that I'm "qualified for" are a good 30 min commute one way, and the amount they would pay vs the amount I'd be spending on gas is not worth even applying.

Thanks everyone, having feedback helps to feel better.

Return to “General Discussion”