Little Things You Hate

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
gotegenks
Org Profile

Little Things You Hate

Post by gotegenks » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:23 pm

when people say something on a forum or social site and they leave their little digital signature, even though every post they post has their name already...

-gotegenks

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: Little things you hate?

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:32 pm

:P <---- This emoticon. I dunno. When I see people use it, I just see a really big sign of disrespect and a "F#%# you". I think it's just because that's basically what it meant from my past experiences with it on other sites. I know that people around here don't use it for that per se, but I still have that association with it. >_<

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:43 pm

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

- irriadin

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:16 pm

I hate it when people hang their arms out of the window when they're driving. Not lying against the door, but hanging it out in a way where it's extended and if a bus sideswiped the driver's side, the driver would lose his/her arm.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:24 pm

irriadin wrote:Quoted Image converted to link:
http://i.imgur.com/fUMgY.gif

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

- irriadin
I got a letter about money I owned on my student loans once.
In Comic Sans.
On yellow paper.

I raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaged :amv:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:27 pm

I hate little people. And kids.

- Jadecavy

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:43 pm

One that frequently comes to my mind - talking casually to women who will suddenly and out of nowhere bring up their boyfriend in the conversation, like some sort of defense mechanism. Jesus christ, when every other sentence ends with "my boyfriend" and I only asked what they've been up to lately, it really grinds on my nerves. I don't hate anyone mentioning their boyfriend at all or anything, but there's a very clear line between casually mentioning something and obsessively reinforcing something. It's very obvious to me when I'm being treated as some sort of male on the prowl who could obviously be a threat and needs to be reminded his place. It's not like that happens constantly or anything, but often enough to really annoy me.

There's many counterexamples to that; for example a girl that I actually had a huge crush on about a year ago turned out not to be single, but was completely cool about the way she revealed that information or treated me otherwise. It was good for me to know in that situation, too. There's plenty of genuine ways and reasons why a significant other could be mentioned, and I certainly got no problem with those and would be entirely interested if it actually has to do with the subject of conversation at hand. But it really fucking drives me up the wall when I get those blatant signals in casual conversation for no reason other than the obvious lame one :|
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:59 pm

True story.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Post by AngelDragoon » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:02 pm

When guys hit on girls at the gym when they're clearly not interested, (and vice versa), and won't take the hint. This is particularly for older ones who are looking for arm candy/trophy wives/husbands and, from personal experience, especially ones who are my mom's age and my mom is standing right there. I'm in a crappy t-shirt, sweat pants, and have a ten pound biology textbook in my hand; do I REALLY look like the type to be into that? :x And people wonder why I take the time to drive to an all-women gym.

Well, okay, this really isn't isolated to gym instances, but it seems to happen to people the most there.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:11 pm

AngelDragoon wrote:When guys hit on girls at the gym when they're clearly not interested, (and vice versa), and won't take the hint. This is particularly for older ones who are looking for arm candy/trophy wives/husbands and, from personal experience, especially ones who are my mom's age and my mom is standing right there. I'm in a crappy t-shirt, sweat pants, and have a ten pound biology textbook in my hand; do I REALLY look like the type to be into that? :x And people wonder why I take the time to drive to an all-women gym.

Well, okay, this really isn't isolated to gym instances, but it seems to happen to people the most there.
Yep, understandably, that's the flip side of the same coin to the issue I mentioned I'm annoyed with :|
Guys who do that are embarassing for me to be around as a male, too. While I'm not likely to be a target for these types (ha!), it's yet another reason I avoid gyms. I hate being around people behaving like this. That's part of why I stopped doing intramural basketball that I was doing last year, too - didn't mind the exercise, hated being around a bunch of guys acting out their worst macho self-impressions.

Return to “General Discussion”