Little Things You Hate

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Hiro The Dragon King
Org Profile

Re: Little Things You Hate

Post by Hiro The Dragon King » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:48 pm

I'm going to start off small. I hate being the only one that does my job properly and getting bitched at for not doing it as quickly as everyone else.

P.S. Don't order paninis from the Olive Garden in Inverness.

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:26 pm

EDIT: This is not the happy thread.

Hiro The Dragon King
Org Profile

Post by Hiro The Dragon King » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:36 pm

No. No it's not. And this is a bit longer. And more of a pet peeve.

I hate that restaurants, even those that "promote" healthier meals with their "lean" courses, only ever promote shitty beverages. And even then, they usually have a scarce selection. Most of the time, they'll serve Coca Cola beverages, and only like four varieties; Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, and usually a trade-off of Pibb Xtra and Barq's Root Beer. Then you'll always have this shitty HFCF fueled lemonade. Most places also have tea, which is actually okay, but you can either drink it black or with a metric fuck-ton of sugar, and never hot. Occasionally, places will have some from-concentrate juices at the bar, used for mixed drinks, but they'll charge you two dollars a glass, without refills. And for all of their less-than-healthy beverages, they'll refill it till you're dead. I finally just started cutting and squeezing lemons and limes and throwing the juice into cups of soda water from the fountain.

I worked at an Olive Garden for nine months and this became a point of contention between me and one of my managers. They'd let us have drinks while on the clock, but only fountain drinks. The bartenders would always supply me with from-concentrate apple juice, but my manager would bitch at me anytime she found out. And I couldn't bring drinks into work because I drank Izzes, SoBes, and Virgil's and glass is a "health risk" in the kitchen. I couldn't bring in juices because we're not allowed to keep them cool in the fridge and they'd bitch when we filled bags with ice water and drinks. Ever wonder why kitchen workers tend to be unhealthy and overweight?

And outside of work, I'd always get bitched at by my friends when we'd go out to eat and I question the waitress on their selection of drinks.

Waitress: What would you like to drink?
Me: What do you serve?
Waitress: We serve Coke.
Me: Do you have any juices?
Waitress: We have lemonade, pink lemonade, and orange juice.
Me: Is the orange juice from-concentrate?
Friends: Don't be a dick; just get something.
Waitress: I believe so.
Me: What brand of lemonade do you serve?
Waitress: Minute Maid.
Me: *sigh* How is the pink lemonade made?
Waitress: It's Minute Maid too.
Friends: Just get a coke!
Me: I'll have water.

I finally found a restaurant that serves Izzes and another that makes their pink lemonade with lemons and pureed raspberries or strawberries.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:54 pm

This is ridiculous. This is a health concern for you and:

1) Your manager was being a giant dick. In similar situations, I've simply presented a doctor's note. I'm hypoglycemic, and while it isn't an issue now that I am schoolteacher, when I worked retail, customer service, etc, I had to insist that I be allowed to carry candy bars with me and to dip into storage closets near registers to keep my blood sugar up. The results of me not keeping my blood sugar up can be, and have been pretty bad, including flat out fainting. As long as I get a minimum of sugar and protein (sugar for the immediate, protein to burn slowly), I'm good. If you have such a bad reaction to sugary, carbonated beverages, and your employer does not make a reasonable effort to accomodate you, that's not only a dick move, it might be illegal or against labor standards. I know that ignoring my hypoglycemia was grounds for the state to get involved, which is why I had little trouble with employers.

2) Your friends are dicks. I've worked in food service, and I have my own issues with allergies and just general preferences. Just make sure to leave a good enough tip, but otherwise the waitress is there to answer your questions and give you what you need. If the waitress has a problem with it, then she's a dick. It's not her health, it's not your friends' health, it's your health. You do what you need to do, because:

ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Hiro The Dragon King
Org Profile

Post by Hiro The Dragon King » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:07 am

My fiancée wanted me to add this: "when my character can jump x number of units and what I need is x+2 units away."

Stirspeare
Org Profile

Post by Stirspeare » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:14 pm

My wife and i is everlasting and in a few days at her nude reflection in the day where somehow doing nothing makes me rhyme. I hate your dick in your mind.
Nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice marmot bro nice

Hiro The Dragon King
Org Profile

Post by Hiro The Dragon King » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:13 pm

Stirspeare

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:13 am

Being downvoted when I KNOW I'M RIGHT YOU'RE JUST NITPICKING (sigh) internet...

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:36 pm

Freezing in the one place I thought I'd never be cold. My bed D:
ImageImage

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:12 am

Random phonecalls at 6:00 in the morning from some idiot who dialled the wrong number and didn't even have the decency to apologize before hanging up when they heard a voice they didn't expect.
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

Return to “General Discussion”