Save Derpy

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Save Derpy

Postby MycathatesyouAMV » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:59 pm

Talk to me on skypes and stuffs: Mycathatesyou0000
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget

Re: Save Derpy

Postby macchinainterna » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:23 pm

*EPIC ANNOYED GRUNT*

I swear to whatever fucking god I haven't blasphemed to yet, Hasbro isn't ruining this show for me, THE FUCKING FANS ARE!!!!
ImageImage
macchinainterna

Postby ngsilver » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:29 pm

I'm annoyed that they made the change, and more so that they apparently 'had' to make the change. That's more my beef with it really. Never and still don't understand what was so offensive about Derpy.

Though I'm not annoyed enough to go signing petitions and what not. Honestly, it's their franchise, they can do whatever they want with it.

Love and Tolerate every pony. Don't feed the parasprites... err... hasbro
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:51 pm

I don't know... "angry internet petition" seems to be about the level of seriousness warranted for something like this.
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2014 & Head of the AAC Fan-works Theater - follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AACFanTheater
:sorcerer: :sorcerer: |RD: "Oh, Action!" (side-by-side) | |
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby meleechampion » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:56 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:I don't know... "angry internet petition" seems to be about the level of seriousness warranted for something like this.

qft
meleechampion

Postby Pwolf » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:23 am

whats a "derpy"?
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby Radical_Yue » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:17 am

Pwolf wrote:whats a "derpy"?

ZOMGOHNOES! THIS PROVES DERPY IS DEEEAAAAADDDDD!!!!

But seriously, I love MLP. I think it's a really cute and fun little show. But daaaaaaaaaamn, the fans really are ruining it for me :/ Some people are just sooo obsessed to the point that it doesn't make me want to be roped in with them and called a fan.
ImageImage
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

Postby CodeZTM » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:18 am

Radical_Yue wrote:But seriously, I love MLP. I think it's a really cute and fun little show. But daaaaaaaaaamn, the fans really are ruining it for me :/ Some people are just sooo obsessed to the point that it doesn't make me want to be roped in with them and called a fan.

x2

It's honestly the same reason that I stopped getting involved with World of Warcraft and League of Legends. The people I was involved with in those games are so damn serious all the time (as well as being obsessed and whiny/bitchy whenever anything changed or didn't change), that it just lost all the fun/magic to me.

MLP is doing the exact same thing now. I honestly don't mind that some people are upset, but it's like the whole damn Internet is up in arms over something relatively minor that will very unlikely change the major dynamics of the show. I mean, really, Derpy's only a bit-part character anyway.
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby macchinainterna » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:37 am

x3

A lot of the fun has been lost for me at this point from all the drama the fans have stirred up. I'm seriously considering dropping out of the pony-related projects I'm currently involved in because I'm just so burnt out and uninspired now...
ImageImage
macchinainterna

Postby ngsilver » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:42 pm

This is why I've never actually bothered to keep up with most things pony related. I enjoy the show, I enjoy watching PMVs and checking out art on dA. I hit up EQdaily basically to find the link to the current episode. But news and talking to most fans... nope... don't bother. All it does is ruin the show in the end as a few of you have been stating.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby Otohiko » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:54 pm

I think most fans are still pretty cool. As always, it's a vocal minority of overly-shrill people who take their shit too seriously that ruin it for the rest of us.
Otohiko

Postby Fay-Sa » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:59 am

Response from Hasbro
"The 'My Little Pony Friendship is Magic' series has always been about acceptance and inclusion, and the series strives to convey that through the playful antics of a diverse cast of characters. Some viewers felt that aspects of the episode 'The Last Roundup' did not stay true to the core message of friendship which is the heart and soul of the series. Hasbro Studios decided to make slight audio alterations to this single episode."

You can read more about it here

Yea so.... It's sucks it was changed but 'it is what it is' and I really doubt it gonna change back.
Fay-Sa
Chasing Crimson Butterflies

Postby JaddziaDax » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:25 pm

The DVD is uncut though :)
if you want the original version bought legit, you can get it XD
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby MycathatesyouAMV » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:58 pm

I guess I was misinformed by someone else, I was told it was a permanent on-going change. Didn't really look into it much, saw some of the stuff, and just thought I'd share since I know there's alot of MLP fans on here.
I don't really prefer to stop liking something because of how some of the others fans are though. There are plenty of occasions where I will see comments by fans of various things I enjoy that make me squirm inside, but I'm not going to let them ruin something I like.
Talk to me on skypes and stuffs: Mycathatesyou0000
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget

Postby JaddziaDax » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:45 pm

There's a lot of misinformation going around, however this article was useful for me. Also there's been an official statement from Hasbro it seems. I still wonder about the future of the character, but they aren't pulling her completely out of previous episodes, also they didn't change her name, they just modified the episode on iTunes (and I assume on the television reruns) As I said if you get the DVD titled "The Friendship Express" it's uncensored. I know because I have it.
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Next

Return to General Discussion