I bring very sad news

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Jwalk0
Org Profile

Re: I bring very sad news

Post by Jwalk0 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:49 pm

This isn't goodbye my friend, only a temporary leave until I see you again in Heaven. Keep your spirit uplifted while you're there like you did on earth and leave alotta spaces up there for the ones who cares about you my man. God bless and thank you for everything you've done with the friendships you've created offline and online and your editings in the amv community. Like a dedicated solider you looked physical hardship in the face and kept a powerful stance against it and you did not let it defeat you. You remained strong-willed and bright with yourself and the ones you cared about. That is the very definition of courage. Until the end of time, we will always remember you and the legacy of your good-heartedness will remain strong and passed on to future generations. Many heartfelt prayers from myself and all of us goes out to you, your family, and friends. Let our words, our sentiments, and our tears be a testimony of love to everyone both alive and dead who has been a part of your life since the day you were born till today. Your battle with cancer was heartwrenching, but now you can rest. While we will miss you greatly till the time of our departures from this earth, we do know that you are in a much better place away from the physical and mental pains of this earth and you are now in Heaven with the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, and the passed on loved ones whom you missed while you were alive on this earth. Your spirit will remain strong in all of our hearts. Much love from us. Always <3
"Someday humankind will come to understand one another! I sincerely believe that!" Fei Fong Wong
"We live to make the impossible possible! That is our Focus!" Claire 'Lightning' Farron
"Believe in yourself, and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." Toonami

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only way.
Image Image

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:17 am

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived."
-Gen. George S. Patton

While I'm not sure I agree with the first part of that quote, the second half is spot on. I can't say I had the good fortune to know Magnus personally, but from his posts I learned he was an individual who genuinely cared for those around him, and they are better for having known him. Rather than wallow in dispair over his diagnosis, he faced it with his head held high and determined he would use his remaining time to live rather than simply exist...something not often found even in people twice his age. He was determined to make the best of whatever came his way and make life better for those he cared about. This, not how long one has been on the planet, is the true measure of a man.

Rest in peace, for your chains have been cast off. May God grant you eternal joy in His kingdom, and peace to those you leave behind. May they be comforted in the knowledge that you are free from all suffering and are forever in the Father's keeping, and may the mark you left on their lives be an inspiration to all.
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:21 am

I've been a complete mess hearing about this after I got home from work. I've known Zetzu for such a long time, yet I never talked to him as much as I should have. I will always regret that.

But he's in a better place now and he isn't suffering anymore. I think i'll be able to get through this just by knowing that.

RIP Zetzu, I will never forget you.
Image ImageImage

alchemymini
doesn't eat shoes
Org Profile

Post by alchemymini » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:50 am

Magnus was an amazing man. I remember the times me and him talked and I have never met a more honest person. We talked about life, love, and a whole lot of other things like grilled cheese sandwiches and his cancer..I was very happy to have gotten to know him even a little. I regret not being able to talk to him recently. It kills me. I look back and I missed a call from him in December and then things got hectic and I never got to speak to him again after a small text conversation in January..I regret it. I wish I had thanked him for what he taught me and the talks we had. I only knew him a couple months and he still touched my life as he touched many others. I miss him. Im just happy to know he didnt have to suffer anymore..Rest in peace, Magnus.

"And if you were with me tonight I'd sing to you just one more time A song for a heart so big God wouldn't let it live May angels lead you in"

Overture
Org Profile

Post by Overture » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:54 am

Magnus. A truly amazing editor, and an even greater person. I'm really gonna miss you dude. I'm sorry i wasn't online more to talk to you these last couple of months. I know you bugged me to come on more to talk, and i really regret not trying harder to do so. Your AMV's are the reason i got into this hobby. You were my biggest inspiration and eventually became a great friend. You may have been a little cocky, but i couldn't argue against any of it. And yes, your hair was wicked awsm too :up: You deserved to be here with us so much longer, and i really wish you were. But amazingly, for the short time you were here...you touched and impacted so much more people than most do in a lifetime. You're amazing dude<3...and so is your hair :up: And really man? you'd make me crawl out of my hole JUST to tell me your playing with your hair and how awesome it looks? Pfffft!
Dude, what can i say other then...you were always my biggest inspiration. When i would try to help others with their editing, id always link them to a bunch of YOUR videos and go into fan boy mode saying... be like that... edit like this...see what he did there? haha. I'll never forget you man. Your strength, your optimism, your passion, your ridiculous and contagious sense of humor, ill miss all of it. Thank you for being a part of my life, and It's a part i will cherish forever. ill miss you Magnus<3 Rest in Peace.
-Daniel
Last edited by Overture on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:01 am

Hey guys, a request for those of you who've had frequent contact with him - perhaps a slightly selfish one, but I know it would've made Magnus kind of happy. One of my last conversations with him, I promised to have an epic music exchange on skype with him someday, cause we have different tastes in music but also some rather similar ones, and he was someone who was very into his music. But then I got busy and wasn't able to follow up, not knowing how bad things were with his illness... man, I could've even done a collab with him, we were even talking about it :(

Has Magnus recently shared, exchanged or suggested any music to you? If he did - can you PM or tell me what it was? I'll listen to it in his memory, and it would be awesome to at least partially fulfil the last promise that I made to him.

It's also really amazing to see how many friends he's had, even from the turnout here today.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:17 am

I never spoke to Magnus beyond a few exchanges here and in IRC, but his videos were incredible to watch, and I read his various posts in the photo, vent, and happy threads every time they went up because they were interesting and upbeat, no matter his health.

He'll seriously be missed. May he be happy in whatever his next great adventure may be.

Kaream
Org Profile

Post by Kaream » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:29 am

I kinda saw this coming, very sad

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:44 am

Sad to see something like this happen to someone so young...RIP and my condolences to his family and friends.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:55 am

I don't recall ever speaking with Magnus, and I deeply regret that. But at least his posts made him familiar, a big presence and an inspiration to be able to fight and stay strong the way he did. I'd just read the interview yesterday or the day before, and saw that things had gotten bad again, but I didn't expect that this would happen so soon. Finding that out so soon beforehand only softens this blow a little. This place really won't be the same.

Rest in peace, Magnus. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones. And may your legacy and the memories this community shares be able to make us all better people than we would have been otherwise.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Return to “General Discussion”