[FINAL TRACK LIST] Reflections of Style: Live Action

This forum is for the discussion and announcement of newly created videos that use non anime sources.

Moderator: Forum moderators

Forum rules
This forum is for the discussion and announcement of newly created videos that use non anime sources.
  • Note: The videos posted here do not need a corresponding catalog entry.
Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

[FINAL TRACK LIST] Reflections of Style: Live Action

Post by Prodigi » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:53 am

Reflections of Style: Live Action

Alright, it's been slightly delayed but here's what you've been waiting for:

Intro

Track 00 - 00:00 to 00:43 - Brad

Tracks
Track - Track Times - Editor (Source)

Track 01 - 00:43 to 01:34 - Brad (Iron Man)
Track 02 - 01:34 to 02:44 - Ileia (Ink)
Track 03 - 02:44 to 03:38 - Kikai_Saigono (Girl With The Dragon Tattoo)
Track 04 - 03:38 to 04:15 - SnhKnives (Star Trek)
Track 05 - 04:15 to 05:17 - Kisanzi (Drive)
Track 06 - 05:17 to 06:03 - PennyRoyalty
Track 07 - 06:03 to 06:49 - koopiskeva
Track 08 - 06:49 to 07:48 - Magnus (Black Swan)
Track 09 - 07:48 to 08:53 - Nessephanie (Harry Potter)
Track 10 - 08:53 to 09:45 - Kristyrat (Inception)
Track 11 - 09:45 to 10:31 - Lockstock (X-Men First Class)
Track 12 - 10:31 to 11:31 - gotegenks (The Matrix)
Track 13 - 11:31 to 12:16 - Prodigi (Watchmen)
Track 14 - 12:16 to 13:13 - Unlimited_Rice (Step Up 2 & 3D)
Track 15 - 13:13 to 14:01 - Aerialesque (Suckerpunch)
Track 16 - 14:01 to 14:49 - Steakslim (Black Hawk Down & Body Of Lies)
Track 17 - 14:49 to 15:40 - Khameleon808

Full Mix downloadable here.

(Sources are based on original requests - these may be updated, please check with me. Some sources are still pending choice/approval.)

Congratulations to everyone who made the cut! My apologies to anyone who didn't. Believe me when I say I had to make some tough calls all-round. There were at least a half dozen people that I was still adamant on wanting to try and fit in but I just had to keep making cuts. Eventually there were only so many people who could fit in.

Track 13 (originally 14) got absolutely no requests so I snagged it for myself.

BUT WAIT (you say) THERE WERE 18 TRACKS BEFORE!

This is true. HOWEVER, part of the delay in track listings was that there were some adjustments made in the middle in terms of timing. The original listing had:

Track 08 - 06:49 - 07:29
Track 09 - 07:29 - 08:21
Track 10 - 08:21 - 08:23

After seeing the people who were competing for those two parts of the climax of song 3 (tracks 9 and 10) I eventually came to the conclusion that I would roll those two tracks together. So, as you can see in the new and improved track listings above, track 8 has been extended by 19 seconds, and track 9 now starts 19 seconds later and continues to the end of track 10. Timing for tracks 0-7 is unchaged. Timing for tracks 11 to 17 have also been unchanged (they are now just a number earlier than previously).

If you're not sure then download the WAV listed above and re-listen! WAVs start and end exactly 5 seconds before and after your 'cut off' point of your track. This is to remind you of what's happening before and after your track to keep in mind how you're going to close off your track and transition into the next.

TALK TO YOUR NEIGHBOURS (Heck, talk to everyone)

Get involved. You are on this project because you have convinced me of your editing prowess and that you can make the track you have been given your own. As I have stated a million times (and will state a million times more) no singular editor makes RoS great. The success of RoS has always been dependant on the overall flow of the project and the editors working together to make the best possible transitions between tracks and to maintain some kind of familiarity. Start talking to the other editors in the project. Start talking to your track neighbours. Get an idea of what other people are going to do and figure out how to make your track your own, while also keeping it a part of the whole.

SPEAKING OF NEIGHBOURS

As of this moment RoS:LA is a closed system. Please do not share any betas (yours or otherwise) to anyone outside of the project. With previous projects sometimes it has been the case that betas have been in free-flow within the community and so widely shared that when the final project is released there aren't many great suprises. I, and hopefully you, would love to totally blow away the community upon the release of this project by providing them with 17 incredible tracks that they have thus far been unable to see. Sharing within the project is 100% encouraged as there are no better people to give you feedback than those who are working with you. If you have existing 'support structures' in terms of beta viewing please refrain from sharing any of your project files and betas with them for the time being. It is my hope that this will also help to improve the comradery between the editors on the project.

However, this may change in future. As stated above I'm doing this in hopes to improve relations between editors in the project as well as keeping the community in the dark until we can unveil it in all it's glory. If we get to the point where it doesn't seem necessary this may be lifted.

This will ultimately boil down to the final opinion of everyone in the project. This is a group effort, and I don't want to be enforcing a ban if the majority do not agree. However, I think it'd be a fairly neat idea, especially to see the first reactions of people when the final project is released. Have a think on it and let me know your thoughts.

However. Anyone caught sharing another editor's betas without their express approval will be ejected from the project.

TECH SPECS!

In the words of Brad: "It's 2012. 720p."

Frame rate - 23.976
Aspect ratio - 2.35:1 (cinematic - square pixels only)
Resolution: 1280x544
Editing programs - Whatever you want. Go nuts.

WHAT ELSE?!

I can't think of anything! I'm tired and stressed! STOP ASKING ME QUESTIONS.

.... But seriously if there's anything you realise I've forgotten or if you have any questions then post them up and I'll get back to them as soon as I can.
Last edited by Prodigi on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:15 am, edited 13 times in total.

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Re: [FINAL TRACK LIST] Reflections of Style: Live Action

Post by Koopiskeva » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:56 am

May I use anirmay? :asd:
Hi.

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:42 am

Time to install editing programs I suppose... Anyone have a copy of windows movie maker?

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:00 am

And I was really looking forward to this too...

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:39 am

macchinainterna wrote:Quoted Image converted to link:
http://www.dz-studios.com/macchinainter ... t/Baww.png

And I was really looking forward to this too...
At least we can still look forward to viewing it
ImageImageImageImage

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:48 am

Knew I wouldn't make it :ying:
But that's totally cool because you've got an awesome line up thar good sir. |:>
I SHALL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS.

Chez
Not Mexican
Org Profile

Post by Chez » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:00 am

this will be awesome! |:>
Image I stream and stuff o.o

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:24 am

Man, I totally didn't make it in either. :cry:

Oh wait, I didn't enter. :ying:

Looking forward to this and best of luck to the editors!
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:50 pm

Prodigi wrote: After seeing the people who were competing for those two parts of the climax of song 3 (tracks 9 and 10) I eventually came to the conclusion that I would roll those two tracks together. So, as you can see in the new and improved track listings above, track 8 has been extended by 19 seconds, and track 9 now starts 19 seconds later and continues to the end of track 10. Timing for tracks 0-7 is unchaged. Timing for tracks 11 to 17 have also been unchanged (they are now just a number earlier than previously).
You might want to look at those timings again and your list then because something is off. You gave me what I suspect is the old track 16 which i never signed up for. If someone else is supposed to be in that spot then they should since they singed up for it.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:57 pm

Fuckin' A.

Return to “Other Videos”