godix passed away today

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Re: godix passed away today

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:22 pm

I remember back when I was a forum newbie, the very first post I did was a thread of my own, and he was one of the first people to respond to it. I thought he was rude and crass then, but it didn't take me long to see the kind of hilarity and life he brought to this place. It's been eons since I was last in IRC, and I was thoroughly amused that he still recently remembered having given me the nickname Twotabs. I couldn't believe that something that minor had stuck with him, but I recall that it brought a smile to my face when I read it. His video on schizophrenia was one of the most original things I have ever seen produced on this site, and I think it's true that he loved the .org. Even when he didn't agree with others, if you showed the same dedication as him, then he in turn showed respect.

I always kind of saw him as the George Carlin of this site, which I think he would appreciate, so I'll send him off the same way that the legend would have wanted it:

I know you're down there, screaming up at us... and I'll miss you.

- Jen

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:38 pm

I just bloody found out from Quu on facebook. What the hell?

I've only spoken with godix personally I think once or twice but man, he seemed like one of those people that got such a kick from pushing buttons that he would never die. Frankly I just keep getting the feeling that he's going to show up and yell at everyone for getting sappy in his absence.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:42 pm

Jesus Fucking Christ.

....If this is an elaborate hoax, he'd better wish he was dead, because I might just kill him myself.

If it's not... Despite our adversarial relationship in public, godix and I have been pretty close friends for years now. There was not a day that went by when we did not have pretty intense religious, political, or sociological conversations. I respected him as academic peer, and he respected me as such.

I am incapable of imagining an Org without godix, and without daily interaction with him. This is... I'm just going to stop now. I'm not capable of expressing my anger and grief at this time.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:08 pm

Castor Troy wrote:Well, he's a ghost now, so he can just float on over and see everything.
Currently haunting the dressing rooms at Victoria's Secret ;)

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:11 pm

Just so everyone knows, I decided to add a memorial service for godix to acen's schedule. We'll be holding it in the AMV room on Saturday May 21st. (which wow talk about timing, exactly 1 month after his passing) at 3pm. The specific room we're in is the Lindbergh at the Hilton. We'll be playing some of his videos and if any of you wish to, say a few parting words.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:26 pm

This is sad news. I met him briefly at a con once (Otakon was it? Maybe an AWA). He would say some harsh things at times and some sarcastic things other times, but he didn't play favorites nor would he persist if the person was truly hurt by his words. He simply called things like he saw them. He was the sort of person that would never admit to caring out loud, but deep down he did. In my time as part of the administration, it was hard not to come across him at least once. But he took it in stride and just wiped it off. That was the sort of man he was.
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Dead Bastard. You could have pulled this stunt BEFORE we started talking daily over ts these past few weeks.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

Nicho Void
Org Profile

Post by Nicho Void » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:47 pm

Intense.
ImageImageImage

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:49 pm

I just got home from work and heard this. Good night sweet prince, you will be missed. ;__________;

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:50 pm

we all must die sometime; but he shot himself T_T

Return to “General Discussion”