POKEMON

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Re: POKEMON

Postby Moonlight Soldier » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:39 am

Radical_Yue wrote:Loving the game. Good times, pretty graphics...and I totally agree. I've played all of the old Pokemanz and it really does feel like a totally new game.

Only thing I don't like: 95% of the new Pokemon are fugly (in my opinion of course)
Makes it veeery difficult to pick out a team >.>

I'll agree with that >_>

Yue gimme friend code. :3
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells

Postby Malificus » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:40 am

Moonlight Soldier wrote:I have an adorable grass snake.

I refuse to evolve my snivy. It's so much cuter this way.
ImageImage
Malificus
Dr. Malpractice

Postby Radical_Yue » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:01 pm

Jwalk0 wrote:
20 hours in and so far it's pretty boss and like the plot as well, first time in a Pokemon game that I have to side with the bad guys' opinions over the good guys.

I'm not crazy far in (just got my 3rd badge) but from what I can tell...the reason I can't agree with Team Plasma is because, while they have an interesting idea, their methods are horrendous.

Freedom to all Pokemon! Hay, we need this fer the freedom thing! Let's kick this Pokemon till it gives us what we need! YAY FREEDOMZ!

Also, as the good guys keep pointing out "lolwat?" Basically everything they say about the "abused slave pokemon" is incorrect. I don't know about you, but all my Pokemon adore me! And that comes directly from multiple NPCs! ;p

But having a new team with better reasons other than "uh...we're evil?" is a breath of fresh air.

Moonlight Soldier wrote:
Radical_Yue wrote:Loving the game. Good times, pretty graphics...and I totally agree. I've played all of the old Pokemanz and it really does feel like a totally new game.

Only thing I don't like: 95% of the new Pokemon are fugly (in my opinion of course)

I'll agree with that >_>

Uh...where does I getz? >.>
Sorry, never had a DS that could actually use the WiFi before...never gone online with one o.o

Also, can someone tell that stupid shaking grass to give me a female Emolga as apposed to 30 billion of those pink things! >.o
I've got my male Emolga, now I just need a female so I can breed and get a level 1 D:
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

Postby Jwalk0 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:28 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:
Jwalk0 wrote:
20 hours in and so far it's pretty boss and like the plot as well, first time in a Pokemon game that I have to side with the bad guys' opinions over the good guys.

I'm not crazy far in (just got my 3rd badge) but from what I can tell...the reason I can't agree with Team Plasma is because, while they have an interesting idea, their methods are horrendous.

Freedom to all Pokemon! Hay, we need this fer the freedom thing! Let's kick this Pokemon till it gives us what we need! YAY FREEDOMZ!

Also, as the good guys keep pointing out "lolwat?" Basically everything they say about the "abused slave pokemon" is incorrect. I don't know about you, but all my Pokemon adore me! And that comes directly from multiple NPCs! ;p

LOL I knew I should've reinterated more but I wuz mad tired at the time. I agree with their opinions, not the methods they use to bring them about. The way I see it I don't know how you can keep creatures in Pokeballs all the time unless you want them to battle and have them still like you, even though you can also have them out to watch and participate in certain events in this game. Then again this is a video game and the creatures aren't real. If it wuz reality and they were like our animals we would be seen as a horrible monster in the eyes of society, like that bitch who dropped her neighbor's cat in a trash can last year. I'm betting by the end of the first part of the game it'll be accepted that Pokemon luv to be kept inside Pokeballs 60% of the time and don't care about having some fresh air every once in a while without having to battle. Must be pretty luxurious and better than a 5-star hotel inside of em.
"Someday humankind will come to understand one another! I sincerely believe that!" Fei Fong Wong
"We live to make the impossible possible! That is our Focus!" Claire 'Lightning' Farron
"Believe in yourself, and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." Toonami

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only way.
Image Image
Jwalk0

Postby Moonlight Soldier » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:29 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:
Moonlight Soldier wrote:

I'll agree with that >_>

Uh...where does I getz? >.>
Sorry, never had a DS that could actually use the WiFi before...never gone online with one o.o

Also, can someone tell that stupid shaking grass to give me a female Emolga as apposed to 30 billion of those pink things! >.o
I've got my male Emolga, now I just need a female so I can breed and get a level 1 D:

Find your pal pad and say use, and you'll get an option to look at your friend code. Then you can register a friend code, like mine :D I'ma lj mine in just a sec.
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells

Postby kireblue » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:03 pm

I'm waiting for the 3DS to come out before I do anything online with my game. Since the friend code thing is for your system and game as a set, I don't want to loose any wireless data and codes.
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
kireblue

Postby Hagaren Viper » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:21 pm

I kinda thought that was only with 3DS games, though?
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hagaren Viper

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:02 pm

Wow - the finally decided to actually address the dogfighting parallels in the game? I swear several comics have made this part of their bits in the past, what, 15 years this game's been out.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby MycathatesyouAMV » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:17 am

Kariudo wrote:
Enigma wrote:It's essentially the same game i've been playing for 12 years now, without the cool pokemon. since aside from that its corely the same game, just new skins for every pokemon..

This is pretty much true for any game franchise.
Final Fantasy
Ace Combat
Star Ocean
Legend of Zelda
Halo
etc...

yes, all those games started out with tons of cool pokemans

remember kids: originality isn't the only factor in a good game or a fun game.

No, just no.
Talk to me on skypes and stuffs: Mycathatesyou0000
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget

Postby Kariudo » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:35 am

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:
Kariudo wrote:
Enigma wrote:It's essentially the same game i've been playing for 12 years now, without the cool pokemon. since aside from that its corely the same game, just new skins for every pokemon..

This is pretty much true for any game franchise.
Final Fantasy
Ace Combat
Star Ocean
Legend of Zelda
Halo
etc...

yes, all those games started out with tons of cool pokemans

remember kids: originality isn't the only factor in a good game or a fun game.

No, just no.

'fraid so.
I'm a fan of the Legend of Zelda games, but take a look at it.
In every game you're:
-pushing link around <insert kingdom here>
-trying to save <important girl here> by...
-going around to <X> dungeons/temples to...
-collect <X> items that make a set that allows you to...
-break a magical seal, make a magic link to somewhere where we...
-fight the final boss, and finally at the end you...
-try to figure out where the game should go on your zelda timeline...cuz the game certainly doesn't do that for you

Yes, there are games that don't strictly follow this formula (don't try to bring those cd-i abominations into this), but the point here is that there is a general formula that doesn't change much from game to game.
ImageImage
Kariudo
Twilight prince

Postby kireblue » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:51 am

Hagaren Viper wrote:I kinda thought that was only with 3DS games, though?

oh no, I'm talking about when I make the switch from my DSi to the 3DS. By changing my system, my friend code will have to be reset....I think. Doesn't that happen when you even change from a DS to another DS?
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
kireblue

Postby AimoAio » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:37 am

Just wanted to say this game is awesome. :up: Haven't had so much fun playing Pokemon since Ruby came out. :D

Radical_Yue wrote:Only thing I don't like: 95% of the new Pokemon are fugly (in my opinion of course)

This. I mean a jellybob monster and then a rubbish bag? Seriously. :down:
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby NS » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:38 am

I'll get this soon, but I'm trying to decide which to get. White's legendary on the cover looks way cooler, but black is the version that the least amount of people have...
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Postby Radical_Yue » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:18 pm

NS wrote:I'll get this soon, but I'm trying to decide which to get. White's legendary on the cover looks way cooler, but black is the version that the least amount of people have...

Get em from K-mart and they're buy one get one half off :P
So get both lol
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

Postby NS » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:01 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:
NS wrote:I'll get this soon, but I'm trying to decide which to get. White's legendary on the cover looks way cooler, but black is the version that the least amount of people have...

Get em from K-mart and they're buy one get one half off :P
So get both lol

I have never and will never buy both of any pokemon game. It goes against all my principles as a person with common sense :o.
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion