POKEMON

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.
User avatar
lloyd9988
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 4:57 pm
Status: Yeahhhhh......
Location: AZ
Org Profile

Re: POKEMON

Postby lloyd9988 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:36 pm

Its a long post but makes me feel really good about my victory in Pokemon Blue/Red. Actually. . . Not really. :nose:

Spoiler :
In the original Pokémon Red/Blue, when you encounter your rival in Lavender Town he asks whether or not you know what it's like to have one of your Pokémon die. At this point in the game, he no longer has his Raticate that he used in previous battles.Your rival battle before this took place aboard the S.S. Anne. Your rival's Raticate sustained serious injuries from the battle…but, because crowding and confusion on the luxury liner, he was unable to make it to a Pokémon Center in time and the Raticate passed away. The real reason your rival is in Lavender Town to begin with is to lay his deceased friend to rest.Despite all of this, your rival never outwardly tells you that you're responsible for the death of his Pokémon. He hides his grief and instead channels that energy into the motivation he needed to continue his quest to become Indigo League Champion. The death of his Raticate effectively destroys your rival's impish, childhood innocence. Although he tells himself that he doesn't hold you responsible, he subconsciously holds a great deal of resentment towards you which further fuels his ambitions.Tearfully swearing upon his Raticate's grave to not fail in what he set out to do, he trains hard in hopes of becoming better than you…defeating you…and to eventually make it to the Pokémon League. Mere moments after he became Indigo League champion, he was defeated…by you. Although he fulfilled his promise to his fallen Pokémon, it was only for a painfully brief instant.In the end, your rival is scolded by his grandfather while you receive the professor's praise. During the course of the game, you steal your rival's innocence, crush his dreams, and ultimately snatch away the love of his own grandfather.Oh, and by the way, your rival doesn't have any parents. He's an orphan.
~Yo~

User avatar
Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:54 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: POKEMON

Postby Rendakor » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:06 pm

Anyone else think it's stupid that these are coming for the regular DS and not the 3DS? Way to support your new handheld Nintendo. -_-
Image Image

User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:13 pm
Status: Flapping Lips
Location: Arkansas
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: POKEMON

Postby CodeZTM » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:18 pm

lloyd9988 wrote:Its a long post but makes me feel really good about my victory in Pokemon Blue/Red. Actually. . . Not really. :nose:

Spoiler :
In the original Pokémon Red/Blue, when you encounter your rival in Lavender Town he asks whether or not you know what it's like to have one of your Pokémon die. At this point in the game, he no longer has his Raticate that he used in previous battles.Your rival battle before this took place aboard the S.S. Anne. Your rival's Raticate sustained serious injuries from the battle…but, because crowding and confusion on the luxury liner, he was unable to make it to a Pokémon Center in time and the Raticate passed away. The real reason your rival is in Lavender Town to begin with is to lay his deceased friend to rest.Despite all of this, your rival never outwardly tells you that you're responsible for the death of his Pokémon. He hides his grief and instead channels that energy into the motivation he needed to continue his quest to become Indigo League Champion. The death of his Raticate effectively destroys your rival's impish, childhood innocence. Although he tells himself that he doesn't hold you responsible, he subconsciously holds a great deal of resentment towards you which further fuels his ambitions.Tearfully swearing upon his Raticate's grave to not fail in what he set out to do, he trains hard in hopes of becoming better than you…defeating you…and to eventually make it to the Pokémon League. Mere moments after he became Indigo League champion, he was defeated…by you. Although he fulfilled his promise to his fallen Pokémon, it was only for a painfully brief instant.In the end, your rival is scolded by his grandfather while you receive the professor's praise. During the course of the game, you steal your rival's innocence, crush his dreams, and ultimately snatch away the love of his own grandfather.Oh, and by the way, your rival doesn't have any parents. He's an orphan.


Or the Raticate was stored in the pokemon box with his other 40-odd confirmed pokemon [Stated in the SS Anne]. XD

I personally love the creepy pokemon theories. Heck, Creepypastas with pokemon are some of my favorites! But honestly, I don't feel like there is any source behind any of them.

User avatar
lloyd9988
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 4:57 pm
Status: Yeahhhhh......
Location: AZ
Org Profile

Re: POKEMON

Postby lloyd9988 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:04 am

Rendakor wrote:Anyone else think it's stupid that these are coming for the regular DS and not the 3DS? Way to support your new handheld Nintendo. -_-


Not really. . . There hasn't been that much support for the 3DS due to the fact that 1) American economy is tanking, 2) People just don't have the money to waste on a new system (Or would prefer wasting their money on like two new Xbox 360 or PS3 games. . . or anime :awesome:) or 3) . . . you know what, just read the first two. :P

Anyway, a lot of people are frugal with their money these days and for a good reason. Jobs aren't doing so good and we have a lot of people starting their lives with a large insurmountable amount of debt. I think a 3DS would be the last thing on their minds if they were spending their money on only the bare necessities.

CodeZTM wrote:
lloyd9988 wrote:Its a long post but makes me feel really good about my victory in Pokemon Blue/Red. Actually. . . Not really. :nose:

Spoiler :
In the original Pokémon Red/Blue, when you encounter your rival in Lavender Town he asks whether or not you know what it's like to have one of your Pokémon die. At this point in the game, he no longer has his Raticate that he used in previous battles.Your rival battle before this took place aboard the S.S. Anne. Your rival's Raticate sustained serious injuries from the battle…but, because crowding and confusion on the luxury liner, he was unable to make it to a Pokémon Center in time and the Raticate passed away. The real reason your rival is in Lavender Town to begin with is to lay his deceased friend to rest.Despite all of this, your rival never outwardly tells you that you're responsible for the death of his Pokémon. He hides his grief and instead channels that energy into the motivation he needed to continue his quest to become Indigo League Champion. The death of his Raticate effectively destroys your rival's impish, childhood innocence. Although he tells himself that he doesn't hold you responsible, he subconsciously holds a great deal of resentment towards you which further fuels his ambitions.Tearfully swearing upon his Raticate's grave to not fail in what he set out to do, he trains hard in hopes of becoming better than you…defeating you…and to eventually make it to the Pokémon League. Mere moments after he became Indigo League champion, he was defeated…by you. Although he fulfilled his promise to his fallen Pokémon, it was only for a painfully brief instant.In the end, your rival is scolded by his grandfather while you receive the professor's praise. During the course of the game, you steal your rival's innocence, crush his dreams, and ultimately snatch away the love of his own grandfather.Oh, and by the way, your rival doesn't have any parents. He's an orphan.


Or the Raticate was stored in the pokemon box with his other 40-odd confirmed pokemon [Stated in the SS Anne]. XD

I personally love the creepy pokemon theories. Heck, Creepypastas with pokemon are some of my favorites! But honestly, I don't feel like there is any source behind any of them.


I think it would've been 10x's better if their sources were correct. xD
~Yo~

User avatar
pan_dbgt01
Joined: Thu May 24, 2001 9:19 pm
Status: Hanging around. Trying to find time to edit.
Location: Canada
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: POKEMON

Postby pan_dbgt01 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:04 am

Well I don't mind Black and White. I have played at least one game from each generation and it's not the best, but it's still Pokemon and fun!

User avatar
Ijexis
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:53 am
Status: Compliant Model Basis 2.1
Location: Unilateral Matrix 001
Org Profile

Re: POKEMON

Postby Ijexis » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:29 am

pan_dbgt01 wrote:Well I don't mind Black and White. I have played at least one game from each generation and it's not the best, but it's still Pokemon and fun!

So for best, 2nd Gen, amirite? :ying:
Image

User avatar
Hagaren Viper
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:51 pm
Status: Just wanna play Persona 4Ever
Location: I dont wanna edit
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: POKEMON

Postby Hagaren Viper » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:30 pm

Guys guys guys guys guys

New info on Black 2 and White 2 have been leaked~

http://sunyshore.com/scrap/bw2leak01.jpg
http://sunyshore.com/scrap/bw2leak02.jpg
http://sunyshore.com/scrap/bw2leak03.jpg
http://sunyshore.com/scrap/bw2leak04.jpg

Spoiler :
I kinda feel like the character designs are...off. I feel like I've seen a design similar to the Poison Gym Leader before...like Megaman or something? And Black's hair is kinda...

White's design is super cute though :3

Regardless, looking forward to these games!
ImageImage
ImageImage

User avatar
lloyd9988
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 4:57 pm
Status: Yeahhhhh......
Location: AZ
Org Profile

Re: POKEMON

Postby lloyd9988 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:31 am

gotegenks wrote:My dad actually only plays it in the bathroom.

he has a team of 100s...


:bzz:
~Yo~

User avatar
Kairih
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:20 am
Location: Italy
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: POKEMON

Postby Kairih » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:06 am

Pikachu for president!
Image

User avatar
[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:34 am
Status: Under your bed!
Location: Argentina
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: POKEMON

Postby [madaraxD] » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:22 pm

metapod lv 100 = WIN :up:
Image

User avatar
gotegenks
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:54 pm
Location: charlesgood, california
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: POKEMON

Postby gotegenks » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:40 am

^one of the few lessons my dad plainly told me as a kid was "always catch a caterpie, not a metapod. Caterpie learns tackle, which you can use to train it as a metapod, but if you catch a metapod, it'll only know harden."
Image

User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:38 pm
Status: Top Breeder
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: POKEMON

Postby Kitsuner » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:21 pm

BOOM BABY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djo72P48TmE

I am so lumpin' excited for this, you don't even know.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

User avatar
gotegenks
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:54 pm
Location: charlesgood, california
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: POKEMON

Postby gotegenks » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:43 am

i wanna see some talk threads on this RIGHT FUCKIN NOW
Image

User avatar
meleechampion
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:05 pm
Status: wtf is a jabber address
Org Profile

Re: POKEMON

Postby meleechampion » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:11 am

I don't get it. No new mons? Whats the point?

User avatar
Jadecavy
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:23 pm
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: POKEMON

Postby Jadecavy » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:42 am

meleechampion wrote:I don't get it. No new mons? Whats the point?

What's the point? WHAT'S THE POINT!? A WHOLE NEW EPIC ADVENTURE OF SLAVING AND MONEYMAKING MOTHERFUCKER, THAT'S THE POINT!


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest