POKEMON

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: POKEMON

Post by mirkosp » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:36 pm

Actually the point of ev training is so that you can make stronger ANY pokémon. It's exactly what Karen means!
Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites.
Otherwise you're forced to level up a lot more, and that just becomes a chore easily when you're doing the main game story...

I mean, Druddigon is terribly slow, Cinccino has horrible defenses, and Swanna is mostly kept around as death fodder and HM slave. But I liked them, and I used them. :up:
Magnezone really is the only competitive Pokémon there... OTOH both Lucario and Arcanine are strong competitive Pokémon with high BSTs. Nothing wrong in liking them (I like them too), but hey, don't judge! :wink:

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:36 pm

Haha, I wasn't trying to go after EV trainers or anything xD;;

To be honest, I just don't understand a whole lot of that insanity so whenever I'd try to talk Pokemanz on the interwebs I was called a n00b for my team picks, so I just kind of threw that in there :P

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:04 am

Mmmh, well the idea behind EV training is quite simple and logical, and has been around since red and blue (just with different math).
Basically, the gist of it is that if you defeat a Pokémon that has a certain good stat, you should receive a small boost in that stat. So for example, defeating Zebstrika, which is incredibly fast, will gain you 2 speed EVs. This is affected by different forme of the same pokémon, so defeating a Darmanitan gains you 2 attack EVs, whereas Zen Mode Darmanitan gives 2 special attack EVs. There are also Pokémon with mixed EV yields. For example, defeating Shuckle gives you 1 defense EV and 1 special defense EV.
Along with this, there are held items which boost the EVs the Pokémon gains, along with the Pokérus, which doubles the gained EV amount. The various vitamins also increase the EV by 10 untill the Pokémon has 100 EVs in the stat, and the feathers introduced in BW add 1 EV each with no cap. Vitamins and feathers don't get the Pokérus boost, tho.
Finally, if you messed up something, using certain berries, you can easily delete certain EVs of a Pokémon.

Hope this clears things up! Don't be scared of the mechanics, they are part of the game for a reason. :)

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:13 am

Using this sentence to explain the Past Participle in class:

"What is a yellow pokemon owned by Satoshi (Ash)?"

Pokemanz all up in this bitch, yo.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:35 pm

Hahaha, so I might have already known this, but now that I have four Trainer Stars, Nurse Joy greets me by name and asks if I want the usual. When she first found out, she was all "Please can I heal your Pokemon (you sexy Pokemon master)?"

She may not have actually said the last part of that, but it was defs implied.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:08 am

Thought this would be a good place to show you guys my Wailord.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:08 pm

GLIIIIIIIIIIITCH!

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:47 pm

THEM BE SEA TREES.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:19 pm

I sea trees, don't you?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:41 am

Return to “General Discussion”