Food thread!

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Fay-Sa
Chasing Crimson Butterflies
Org Profile

Re: Food thread!

Post by Fay-Sa » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:10 am

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:OMG. That looks amazing. Can your dad be my dad? <3
You'll have to ask Bumper, she basically his keeper.
(Bumper his boxer/pit mix dog)

He helped me make sweet and sour chicken a couple nights ago. That's his hand in the 2nd pic (I also had a bit of orange sauce for dipping with the sweet and sour)

Had Monte Cristo when we went out for mom's birthday on the 9th.

It like dinner and dessert all in one.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:36 pm

Cream cheese monkey bread, anyone?

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Post by AngelDragoon » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:10 pm

My mind says no, but my heart, she says yes to everything on this page. That monkey bread...

Speaking of food, does anyone know of any good tasting, low carb meals? I'm trying to lose weight for a convention in a few months but I have yet to really find anything that isn't just plain chicken, steak, low-fat hamburger, and eggs. I've discovered the broasted chicken at Kroger, which will help, but I can't keep eating that every day for six weeks, lol. Even a website pointing in the right direction would be nice. D:

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:32 am

AngelDragoon wrote:My mind says no, but my heart, she says yes to everything on this page. That monkey bread...

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/data ... -drool.jpg

Speaking of food, does anyone know of any good tasting, low carb meals? I'm trying to lose weight for a convention in a few months but I have yet to really find anything that isn't just plain chicken, steak, low-fat hamburger, and eggs. I've discovered the broasted chicken at Kroger, which will help, but I can't keep eating that every day for six weeks, lol. Even a website pointing in the right direction would be nice. D:
I'm not sure on low carb meals you could cook, but you can find Atkins frozen meals at your grocery store that aren't too bad, I used to bring them with me to work when I had a lunch shift. The Chicken Pot pie is my favorite, though people I work with say they smell bad, though taste good though. If that helps not sure if you know about them or not, or if you'd just prefer to make something... I think my mom used to get recipes off of the Atkins website if you'd rather cook the meals yourself though, maybe check there.

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Post by AngelDragoon » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:40 pm

animefreak00007 wrote:
AngelDragoon wrote:My mind says no, but my heart, she says yes to everything on this page. That monkey bread...

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/data ... -drool.jpg

I'm not sure on low carb meals you could cook, but you can find Atkins frozen meals at your grocery store that aren't too bad, I used to bring them with me to work when I had a lunch shift. The Chicken Pot pie is my favorite, though people I work with say they smell bad, though taste good though. If that helps not sure if you know about them or not, or if you'd just prefer to make something... I think my mom used to get recipes off of the Atkins website if you'd rather cook the meals yourself though, maybe check there.
Oh yeah! I forgot about the Atkins meals. I have a freezer full that I need to try. XD; The alfredo was good, but the pot pie is on the list to eat. I'll take a look at the Atkins website, though! Thanks for the suggestion. :up:

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:59 pm

Blueberry clafouti! I forgot to dust the top with confectioners' sugar, but oh well. :shrug: It tastes lovely, but I'm wondering if the texture isn't quite right. Is it supposed to be dense and chewy? It's the first time I've made it, and I don't personally know anyone else who has tried it. In any case, very good stuff.

Also, I made sea salt ice cream (not pictured here). It's delicious, if a little icy. I poured it into a thin layer and stirred it often to freeze it as quickly and uniformly as possible before transferring to a sealed container, but I guess there's no substitute for an ice cream maker.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:49 pm

Earl Grey Chocolate Cake, motherfuckers.

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:22 pm

Cake of my favorite tea? Impossible.
ImageImage

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:07 pm

I'll take two.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:31 pm

The store didn't have curry mix so I had to improvise with some other spices and such, but it's still pretty tasty :9
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Return to “General Discussion”