Food thread!

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: Food thread!

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:48 pm

I think the quality of Five Guys varies depending on where you live. Kisanzi and I have tried about every burger place in town and Five Guys wasn't all that great :/ The burger had no flavor and was soaked in grease, their fries were no doubt the high point but they kinda just tasted like wanna be In-N-Out fries. Fresh, but not much else to them.

IMO, Smash Burger and In-N-Out are still my favorite fast food-esque burgers in the area.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:52 pm

Truthfully I despise In-n-Out... I think it's nasty. I never understood the mass appeal that it was the best burger place ever. Can someone please explain?

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:55 pm

I think my burgers kick the crap out of either place.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:04 pm

In-N-Out is supposed to be the "quality" fast food where it's still fast but their ingredients are really great quality. Kind of a good 'ol fashioned burger.

The one I had in my home town was amazing, but maybe it was just for me since most of my cousins worked there were awesome employees? :P

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:13 pm

Flint the Dwarf wrote:I think my burgers kick the crap out of either place.
Hey, let's not compare fast food (even good fast food) against home-cooked. Five Guys is totally my favourite large chain, but I've had many better burgers at smaller places. And someone who knows how to do them really well at home? Best.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:07 pm

Pwolf wrote:
Taite wrote:Yes, Five Guys is the besssssssst. How anyone could dislike it, I don't know. :|
Have you ever been to an In n Out Burger? Don't know if they go that far east but out here it's like the place everyone talks about. It's like worshiped as the best thing since sliced bread -_- It's good but I think Five Guys is much better. I tend to be in the minority though.
The first time I heard the name 'In N Out Burger' I thought it was a dirty joke. Probably because there are none around here (Florida), and therefore I'd never actually seen one.

All this burger talk is making me want a Frisco Melt from Steak 'n' Shake. Or one of KFC's Doublicious sandwiches.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:09 pm

All this burger talk makes me want to make them for dinner personally... homemade always > fast food.

For the most part when I go to fast food, I rarely eat burgers anyway.

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:35 am

^IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIdk about that, maybe in some households (including yours), but i've been to many a birthday party and been served boots with lettuce and onions when the invitation said "burgers"

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:19 am

I could use some Bagel bites right about now
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:04 pm

Doritos taco salad. Take THAT Taco Bell.
:ying:

Return to “General Discussion”