The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:40 pm

Pwolf wrote:
Pwolf wrote:
Fire_Starter wrote:So I ran Premiere CS5.5 at work, and that system had a Quadro 1800 in it, which greatly helped with encode times. I get a copy of Premiere to use here at home, and have a GTX770 (much faster)....but apparently Premiere will only accelerate effects with that, NOT the final output. So I do some googling and find someone has written a 3rd party encoder plugin that will use the nvidia hardware encoding features...but it's only for CS6....godfuckingdamnit.... :down: :cry:
Only really useful if you're encoding to a format that's compatible with the hardware (h264, mpeg2...) If you're encoding to utvideo, it shouldn't make any difference.
Also make sure your card listed in the cuda list: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CSxx\cuda_supported_cards.txt
I was trying to encode to h.264, which is easily doable on my card. Neither this card nor the Quadro are on "official" list, but that's just a matter of putting the right string in a text file. Works fantastic for accelerating effects, but Premiere won't touch nvenc for final output, sadly.
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:24 am

Fire_Starter wrote:
Pwolf wrote:
Pwolf wrote:
Fire_Starter wrote:So I ran Premiere CS5.5 at work, and that system had a Quadro 1800 in it, which greatly helped with encode times. I get a copy of Premiere to use here at home, and have a GTX770 (much faster)....but apparently Premiere will only accelerate effects with that, NOT the final output. So I do some googling and find someone has written a 3rd party encoder plugin that will use the nvidia hardware encoding features...but it's only for CS6....godfuckingdamnit.... :down: :cry:
Only really useful if you're encoding to a format that's compatible with the hardware (h264, mpeg2...) If you're encoding to utvideo, it shouldn't make any difference.
Also make sure your card listed in the cuda list: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CSxx\cuda_supported_cards.txt
I was trying to encode to h.264, which is easily doable on my card. Neither this card nor the Quadro are on "official" list, but that's just a matter of putting the right string in a text file. Works fantastic for accelerating effects, but Premiere won't touch nvenc for final output, sadly.
You shouldn't be letting Adobe encode anything. They're bad at it.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:52 pm

So, this is still an on-going issue.
Last Friday, I was doing pretty well so the doctor said I should start back to work on Monday. Over the weekend, I wore my headset (a lightweight behind the neck headset) and got myself to the point where people said "It sounds like you're doing good." My head was hurting pretty bad and I was dizzy but I was able to pass myself off as good to go and act like I normally would. Fucking awesome! I should be able to survive the day at work when Monday comes around.

Come Monday, I walk into the callcenter and it's pretty loud (as callcenters are) so I experience slight dizziness but nothing too terrible. Whatever, we're still good. I'm busy from 8:30am - 12:00pm catching up on piles of worker's comp crap that was being emailed to my work and getting up to speed on all the training and shit I missed since I was out of the office for almost a month.
Get on the phones and all hell breaks loose. Horrible throbbing headache, blurred vision, dizziness to the point that I'm miserably nauseous and shaking.
Ok, the headache is pretty terrible but maybe the rest is just from being being hungry? I ate a really small and quick breakfast early that morning and it's semi-later in the day, around 1:00pm. No big deal, I'll just take an early lunch. Nice, nausea is going away, I'm not shaking as much, and the dizziness is letting up slightly. Let's get back on the phones.
Fantastic, everything is back to how it was before I got off the phones. Later on my lunch comes right back to visit me. I've destroyed my stats (something I was told I need to get back to work on being perfect with if I still want to be in the running for work from home later this year, which I desperately do) and by the end of the day I'm barely able to take a call by holding the headset as far away from my left ear as possible and taking extended 15 minute breaks in after call work between every single call. I'm tired, dizzy, can't see well, and my head is throbbing so bad that it's caused me to break down crying multiple times throughout the day.
I go home, lay down with a blanket over my head and rest. Not sleep though. That doesn't happen. By midnight, I still can't sleep so I take the pain pills that are supposed to make me sleepy. 2am and I don't notice a difference at all so I put the drops in my ear that numb my head. 3am and still no major difference. By 5am, an hour and a half before I'm supposed to wake up, I finally manage to fall asleep. I sleep through my alarm and end up going back to the doctor's even though I wasn't supposed to see him again until the 20th. I'm fucking sobbing like an idiot because of how ashamed I feel to already be back. He's worried since what happened on Monday should not have happened. He says I can go back to work but I'm banned from taking calls, wearing a headset, or using a phone. He also sets me up with a neurologist that I need to make an appointment with. First I call the neurologist's office but it turns out he's been retired for over a year so I call the doctor back and they say they'll get in touch with my worker's comp lady and find an alternative. I text my supervisor (she doesn't do phone calls), she says HR won't let me back if I can't take calls so I guess I'm out of work until I can. I've got Wednesday off so I spend the day relaxing and waiting for all my lovely problems that Monday caused to go away.

Flash forward to today. At 6am I apparently got a call and an email from my worker's comp lady. Good news! She called another doctor, who I've never seen before and don't know, and they've approved me to go back to work holding a handset up to my left ear. Also, I should be at work today. Because it's not like that should be a problem, right? The shitty pain I'm going through is impacting my ability to sleep causing me to wake up super late in the day and I don't drive, but that's not a problem that I woke up late and don't have a ride to work. I'm good to go! And great news, she scheduled an appointment at an ear, nose, and throat doctor for me for my "ear infection." Oh yes, that pesky little ear infection! Darn thing just won't go away! Silly me.

But it's okay because tomorrow I get to go back to work and I get to hold a handset for my 10 hour shift all while attempting to take calls and only typing with my right hand. Because it's not like people who call me from the DMV 5 minutes before it's closing when they need a car added, an SR-22 applied to their policy, and all documentation faxed over need someone who can type efficiently without having to set the phone down. Nah, we're good. I'm sure it'll be great for my left arm too. I'm positive I'll be able to knock out the normal 100+ calls I normally take every day the exact same way with this set up, all while having no negative impact on my overall stats as a call center rep.

If the skype call I just got off of (testing my ability to only use the left ear and work efficiently, not even with a single hand yet) is any indication of how fantastic I'll do tomorrow on the phones what with all the dizziness and headaches, then I'm sure I'll be top of the call center.

Excuse me, I'm going to go lie down again before I vomit. Sorry for the mix of actual sarcasm and not sarcasm, I'm not doing well right now.

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:34 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:Excuse me, I'm going to go lie down again before I vomit. Sorry for the mix of actual sarcasm and not sarcasm, I'm not doing well right now.

hang in there cutie pie ;_;
Image ImageImage

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:59 pm

A certain someone has screwed me over regarding attending AX, so I refuse to spend my money to go this year after all the hard work I put in.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:59 pm

Someone decided to fuck with my YouTube account and got a vid deleted by botting it. Guess that's a thing now.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:42 pm

My depression is at an all time low state. Seriously cannot get excited or happy about anything at all right now. Everything I love means next to nothing to me.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:41 am

Sleep? Who the fuck needs sleep?

It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more fun to lay there in the dark for hours, feeling exhausted from the lack of sleep the previous night (and the night before that, and the night before thaaaat...), waiting and praying to fall asleep while the right side of your head thumps with pain and the left side aches from you forcing yourself to only sleep, take calls, listen to things, etc. with it. But be careful, don't take the medication because you've already hit 200mg where the maximum is 300mg and puts you at risk of seeeeeizure~

It's ok though. Maybe one day Workers Comp will get back to me. It's only been a month now since I've spoken to my claims adjuster. For all I know they could be approving the MRI, sleep aid, and second opinion doctor tomorrow. Oh wait, they don't think any of my symptoms were caused by my injury. Ah, yes~ The non-existent days before I was injured and had all of these problems. Those were good non-existent days.

But I need to be quiet right now. Kisanzi is sleeping and I can't stop laughing. It's probably not funny but for some reason right now all of this is fucking hilarious and I'm giggling like an idiot. At least I haven't lost my sense of humor.

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:14 am

That's the madness creeping into you. Someday you'll set something aflame (maybe yourself).
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:05 pm

Maniacal Yue. :uhoh:

:twisted:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Return to “General Discussion”