The Vent Thread

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.
User avatar
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:00 pm
Status: Looking for candy
Location: In the car, taking a shit.
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby MycathatesyouAMV » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:12 pm

Mkid wrote:
FarmXD wrote:
MycathatesyouAMV wrote:I don't talk to a single person at my college : /


Because they know your cat hates them

i lol'd .. but seriously mchy make some friends in your classes. even you only know them for a semester its help class go by faster if you have someone to talk to if you get like a group assignment. the first one is always the hardest.


Nobody seems approachable in my classes. I mean I've had small convos with people in class before, but it has never seemed possible to go further than that. On campus everyone else just seems like a huge yoloswagger douchecannon.
Add me on skype cause im bored: Mycathatesyou0000

User avatar
Kimberly
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:39 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby Kimberly » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:19 pm

Everybody can seem like they're unapproachable, until you actually try to talk to them.
ImageImage

User avatar
FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:31 am
Status: Pressing F5
Location: Santiago, Chile.
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby FarmXD » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:22 pm

Kimberly wrote:until you actually try to talk to them.


That's a double edge sword though
Image

User avatar
Ambiati
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:21 pm
Status: Cat burglar
Location: In your closet, waiting for you to fall asleep.
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby Ambiati » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:22 pm

Kimberly wrote:Everybody can seem like they're unapproachable, until you actually try to talk to them.


But some people are actually pretty mean and judge others without knowing them.

User avatar
Kimberly
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:39 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby Kimberly » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:27 pm

@Farm
Well isn't it better to try and talk to someone instead of not at all?

@Ambiati
Then instead of thinking they're unfriendly, you know and then can stay away from them :P
ImageImage

User avatar
FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:31 am
Status: Pressing F5
Location: Santiago, Chile.
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby FarmXD » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:31 pm

Kimberly wrote:@Farm
Well isn't it better to try and talk to someone instead of not at all?



Of course but he has to be carefull about it...people is dangerous out there
Image

User avatar
Ambiati
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:21 pm
Status: Cat burglar
Location: In your closet, waiting for you to fall asleep.
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby Ambiati » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:35 pm

Staying away from people is another thing but it bothers me when people have a problem with me or someone else but don't feel the need to directly come and talk to me instead of being all judgmental and not giving me a chance. :P

User avatar
FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:31 am
Status: Pressing F5
Location: Santiago, Chile.
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby FarmXD » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:41 pm

Anyway, Cathatesyou, you should try it out, it's better do something and try
again and again than do nothing. So go for it.
Image

User avatar
Kimberly
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:39 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby Kimberly » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:41 pm

Ambiati wrote:Staying away from people is another thing but it bothers me when people have a problem with me or someone else but don't feel the need to directly come and talk to me instead of being all judgmental and not giving me a chance. :P

Isn't that what I'm also trying to say though, in a sense? Saying that everybody is unapproachable without even trying to talk to them is also judging the person without giving them a chance.
ImageImage

User avatar
Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:29 am
Status: ....to completion
Location: On teh Z-drive, CornDog
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby Ileia » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:44 pm

Kimberly wrote:Everybody can seem like they're unapproachable, until you actually try to talk to them.


Yeap, pretty much. I've become friends with people with whom I had bad first impressions of (and vice versa). It all depends on your outlook. Personally, I've moved around a ton of times in my life (imagine having your first day of school three times a year, with an all new cast every time). If you make an effort, it shows. If you assume (and expect) the worst, that's probably what you're gonna get. If you're thinking "So-and-so doesn't like me and they don't even KNOW me.", well, guess what? You don't know them either, so it's possible that you're wrong.

User avatar
Ambiati
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:21 pm
Status: Cat burglar
Location: In your closet, waiting for you to fall asleep.
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby Ambiati » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:51 pm

Kimberly wrote:
Ambiati wrote:Staying away from people is another thing but it bothers me when people have a problem with me or someone else but don't feel the need to directly come and talk to me instead of being all judgmental and not giving me a chance. :P

Isn't that what I'm also trying to say though, in a sense? Saying that everybody is unapproachable without even trying to talk to them is also judging the person without giving them a chance.


Yeah, it is. But it's more like, when people give off this "I don't want to talk to you" and "You're annoying" vibe, then I feel like it's best to just stay away from them. Although even after that, I'm nice to everyone so I hope that calms them down.

User avatar
Kimberly
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:39 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby Kimberly » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:59 pm

Ambiati wrote:
Kimberly wrote:
Ambiati wrote:Staying away from people is another thing but it bothers me when people have a problem with me or someone else but don't feel the need to directly come and talk to me instead of being all judgmental and not giving me a chance. :P

Isn't that what I'm also trying to say though, in a sense? Saying that everybody is unapproachable without even trying to talk to them is also judging the person without giving them a chance.


Yeah, it is. But it's more like, when people give off this "I don't want to talk to you" and "You're annoying" vibe, then I feel like it's best to just stay away from them. Although even after that, I'm nice to everyone so I hope that calms them down.

Ah yeah, of course. Though I think it wouldn't hurt to try and have one conversation with them. If they still show they're uninterested, then it's their loss!
ImageImage

User avatar
Ambiati
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:21 pm
Status: Cat burglar
Location: In your closet, waiting for you to fall asleep.
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby Ambiati » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:09 pm

Yeah, true. Thanks! (:

User avatar
ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:04 am
Status: 3D
Location: The Laboratory
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby ZephyrStar » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:12 pm

In a lot of cases, those seemingly unapproachable people are introverts. Generally they don't like small talk, but if you walked up to them and said something like "Hi, my name is <name.> What makes you tick?" you might be surprised at the response. I know because I am one, and generally I don't like small talk, but I love conversations. It's not that we're unfriendly, we just have to choose wisely where we spend our "social budget."

slimed
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:14 am
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby slimed » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:22 pm

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:Nobody seems approachable in my classes.

do you think you seem more approachable or any more friendly than anyone else?? i have the same problem but i recognize that i'm just socially inept. you can't expect people to go out of their way to talk to you first if you yourself don't go out of your way to talk to other people first. and you can't make friends if you don't at least try (which is why i have no friends). clubs seem to be a good designated way to make friends so maybe you could join something you're interested in. my 2 cents
Image


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests