About at the end of my rope where certain people. New Guy (who's been here since January) was hired fresh out of school with a degree in Audio Engineering that the ink was barely dry on, ostensibly, to improve the quality of our live broadcasts. As such, he was put in charge of all things A/V related. This includes things like DVD creation & distribution, video editing, etc. that I had previously been tasked with. But the way this whole situation was sold is that he's some sort of whiz-kid who can do anything and everything...
Well, FOH sound has improved (even though I feel it's entirely too loud, but what do I know, I'm not "certified"
), but the rest of the stuff is falling by the wayside.
- Broadcasts are no longer edited down for replay the following week. They just end if they go over.
- Aspect ratios for online video are screwed up (4:3 letterox stretched horizontally to be 16:9 - the worst of both worlds) despite being informed of this WEEKS ago.
- Videos are put online much later than they used to be.
- Filesizes are about 8x higher with worse quality.
- Phase variance in recorded audio not fixed, even though I told him EXACTLY what the likely suspect behind the issue is.
- Instead of just inverting one channel, he creates a completely seperate mono encode to put online.
- Media distribution is back to me, but he still hasn't given me the ISO's I need that were created by him.
- Broadcast computer just needs some tweaking to fix performance issues, they go buy a $4,000 Mac Pro instead, that suffers the same issues.
- Computer for another input to the video switcher freezes right before broadcast. He wasn't even aware we used that system.
- "Acoustic treatment" for the broadcast audio room consists of leaning a couple of panels behind the monitors, rough backing visible to anyone walking by.
- Waits until the last possible minute to get a crew together for outside events.
- When nobody signs up so the event can't be broadcast, makes up some excuse about how "the team got a well-deserved break."
I could go on, but I need to calm down and get some sleep. But the worst part is I can't even bring any of these issues up. It would be seen as nothing but sour grapes on my part.