The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:20 pm

I didnt have that stuff around me, I personally avoided it, but I don't miss highschool at all either.

However lots of people ended up in the year book who didn't fit their "category". Especially stuff like Class Clown. Those were unfunny people.

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Post by Mkid » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:56 pm

High school wasn't THAT BAD. was it? I wouldn't go back. but i cant say if i was put in a situation were i HAD to go back i wouldn't dread it either. Popularity def wasn't the key to enjoy high school but i think getting involved was. what type of popularity are you guy talking about tho?

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:57 pm

I'm still in high school, but I personally liked it more than I disliked it. There were ups and downs, but I had fun and made many memories. I wouldn't wanna relive it though, unless it was to fix a certain mistake. I'd rather move forward.
ImageImage

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:20 pm

I was reading this and starting to feel old. Luckily my co-workers were there to talk about how tech I had in my first grade classroom (Apple ][E era stuff) was what they worked on out of College.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:55 pm

I was depressed throughout high school |:> Such a shame because I got to know some awesome people there and probably would have enjoyed high school itself more if I wasn't going through all my stupid personal problems.

As for the reason I opened this thread, I feel like my current editing project is just too difficult for me. I have to struggle to just open Vegas. Why does this keep happening? :cry:

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:53 am

I kind of... don't like human beings. They're so complicated and annoying. Why on this amazing earth that you've been blessed to explore are you sitting there preoccupied gossiping about my life? What made me so interesting in the first place? I'm just a stupid little human like you. Further, why are people so obsessed with what others think about them? I'll admit I've been annoyed in the past what people say about me, but the longer I go on, I can't believe that in the short time all of us have to live that we spend half of it at a god forsaken man-made institution meant to keep us within the box of normal and then graduate from said institution(s) to live the same exact life as everyone else and then go on to judge everyone else, when really we're all stuck in the same shit hole. God damn. We're such pathetic things. Truly hate this time, place, existence.
Image Image

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:50 am

How I would dread having to re-live high school. Middle school would be much worse though. My last high school I didn't really mind, but just having to get through all the work and then prepare for college again would suck.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:04 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:I was reading this and starting to feel old. Luckily my co-workers were there to talk about how tech I had in my first grade classroom (Apple ][E era stuff) was what they worked on out of College.
Reminds me of when I was in elementary, but we had the Apple ][ in 3rd. Although we also were using DOS and Win3.1 machines and Tandys up into middle school; it wasn't until 7th that there was a concerted effort to upgrade the computer lab so that we'd have computers running Win98 (probably with Pentium IIs, but I can't be sure).

On the high school topic, I was just apathetic to popularity. I generally got along with everybody, but was entirely unconcerned about where I or my friends were on the social ladder. Part of that could also be because even though I was only in IB for two years, I still mostly stayed in that circle (and Thespians, particularly in the overlap between the two). My last two years in high school were fairly unconventional, though, due to the medical issues that had forced me out of IB in the first place.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:37 am

I don't need fake people in my life.
ImageImage

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:40 am

Kimberly wrote:I don't need fake people in my life.
x2

Return to “General Discussion”