The Vent Thread

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:02 pm

Kionon wrote:Castor Troy, now, I want to fuck him

The ultimate cross-over. :A style.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby Castor Troy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:06 pm

:shock: :uhoh:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby Athena » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:11 pm

Need to get Castor drunk first. :beer: :ying:
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby irriadin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:14 pm

Kionon wrote:I suppose although I do compete, via contests, with people like Shin, ultimately, there is very little interest or incentive in beating him or anyone of his generation.

Well, you're up against Shin in the Tag Team Tournament in the first round!
irriadin
BUBBLES!

Postby Iron Solari » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:18 pm

irriadin wrote:
Kionon wrote:I suppose although I do compete, via contests, with people like Shin, ultimately, there is very little interest or incentive in beating him or anyone of his generation.

DIRECTED BY M. NIGHT SHAMALLAMADINGDONG
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous
Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010

Postby Athena » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:20 pm

irriadin wrote:

I didn't notice, but you're thinking much too literally. This will be interesting, because I don't think I can "beat" Shin. Nor do I think he can "beat" me. There is too much of a world of difference between our styles and histories. No competition between generations is ever truly on the same plane, at least, that's my probably overly philosophical point of view.
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby irriadin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:24 pm

Kionon wrote:
irriadin wrote:

I didn't notice, but you're thinking much too literally. This will be interesting, because I don't think I can "beat" Shin. Nor do I think he can "beat" me. There is too much of a world of difference between our styles and histories. No competition between generations is ever truly on the same plane, at least, that's my probably overly philosophical point of view.

But we're all creating AMVs aren't we? I don't see why there has to be a distinction drawn between editing "generations."
irriadin
BUBBLES!

Postby Athena » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:45 pm

irriadin wrote:But we're all creating AMVs aren't we? I don't see why there has to be a distinction drawn between editing "generations."

It's very difficult to explain.

However, there is a very clear stylistic difference, in my opinion, between each generation. We're not all creating AMVs... we're all creating different styles of AMVs with different purposes. And I think it's often unfair to compare these videos to each other.
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby Castor Troy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:57 pm

Kionon wrote:Need to get Castor drunk first. :beer: :ying:

I'm not responsible for my actions once I'm intoxicated. :aimkissyface: <3
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:36 pm

Replace "generation" with "power level" and it all makes sense.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby Shin-AMV » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:43 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Replace "generation" with "power level" and it all makes sense.

ITS OVER 9000!!!
Shin-AMV

Postby Castor Troy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:29 pm

I've been holding this back for a while, but today is enough.

Ever since I took ownership of my house, I rent out 2 of the rooms to my sister and another roommate to help pay the mortgage. Our roommate is usually clean and isn't home most of the time, so I have no worries about her, but my sister has been driving me nuts ever since she moved in.

- She constantly leaves the back and front doors unlocked and open when she leaves for work
- She never cleans her dishes unless I bug her
- I'm forced to take care of her dog when she's out (I love the little guy, but she's always constantly neglecting him :( )
- I don't want to get started on her room...

We got into a pretty bad argument yesterday over her habits and she immediately got defensive accusing me of acting like our late dad. Today, she left her curling iron on after she went out and luckily I caught it before it started a fire. :x :down:

I'm already at the point where I have to put my foot down and tell her to shape up or find another place to live. I swear there's something wrong with her mentally if my constant naggings aren't getting through to her. :nono:
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby Iron Solari » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Castor Troy wrote:I've been holding this back for a while, but today is enough.

Ever since I took ownership of my house, I rent out 2 of the rooms to my sister and another roommate to help pay the mortgage. Our roommate is usually clean and isn't home most of the time, so I have no worries about her, but my sister has been driving me nuts ever since she moved in.

- She constantly leaves the back and front doors unlocked and open when she leaves for work
- She never cleans her dishes unless I bug her
- I'm forced to take care of her dog when she's out (I love the little guy, but she's always constantly neglecting him :( )
- I don't want to get started on her room...

We got into a pretty bad argument yesterday over her habits and she immediately got defensive accusing me of acting like our late dad. Today, she left her curling iron on after she went out and luckily I caught it before it started a fire. :x :down:

I'm already at the point where I have to put my foot down and tell her to shape up or find another place to live. I swear there's something wrong with her mentally if my constant naggings aren't getting through to her. :nono:

She might not want to listen because she actually IS acting like your late father. However, I know nothing of your late father so I can't say for sure.
Might be a sort of mentality that she has to take on the role of him because he is no longer there and she never grew to accept his passing (I hope I am making the right assumption by seeing "late"). Stuck in the stages of grief, regardless of how long it's been. Or possibly reverting to a childlike state when she does those things simply because she wants someone to look after her.

Granted I am no psychologist, but it isn't too hard to spot those things. You seem to have picked up on what seems like them.
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous
Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010

Postby Castor Troy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:15 pm

Iron Solari wrote:
She might not want to listen because she actually IS acting like your late father. However, I know nothing of your late father so I can't say for sure.
Might be a sort of mentality that she has to take on the role of him because he is no longer there and she never grew to accept his passing (I hope I am making the right assumption by seeing "late"). Stuck in the stages of grief, regardless of how long it's been. Or possibly reverting to a childlike state when she does those things simply because she wants someone to look after her.

Granted I am no psychologist, but it isn't too hard to spot those things. You seem to have picked up on what seems like them.

You're right about the "late" part, but she acts the opposite of our dad who was focused and organized.

My dad was always constantly on her case about shaping up her life since she's the middle child (I think she's suffered middle child syndrome her whole life). Me and my youngest sister have always been focused an organized but my other sister has always been the scatterbrained and messy one. She's always been fighting with our parents since she was young.

I'm already at the end of my rope on how to deal with her.
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby Iron Solari » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
Iron Solari wrote:

You're right about the "late" part, but she acts the opposite of our dad who was focused and organized.

My dad was always constantly on her case about shaping up her life since she's the middle child (I think she's suffered middle child syndrome her whole life). Me and my youngest sister have always been focused an organized but my other sister has always been the scatterbrained and messy one. She's always been fighting with our parents since she was young.

I'm already at the end of my rope on how to deal with her.

I'm not entirely sure how to deal with such a situation either. I'm kind of the in the same boat, except I moved away from my sister. She was too much to deal with, always arguing and stuff, and to top it all off she did the worst possible drugs which didn't help her. She's now locked up in a mental hospital, so that's just kind of how it got dealt with. Hopefully your sister isn't the same way. Has she tried therapy of any kind? Like problem solving and time management/planning and organizational therapy?
-Anonymous
Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion