Re: The Vent Thread

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun May 05, 2013 10:18 am

D:

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Tue May 07, 2013 2:44 am

Well, my C drive apparently crashed and erased everything. I'm on my parents' computer right now. With that C drive went basically all of my life's work. I've kept the files from the computers I've had before it on there, as well as all of my vegas projects and my music collection that I've been working on for nearly half of my life (over 30,000 songs). I've basically lost the only things in my life that I was ever proud of... Not to mention the .txt file with all of my passwords, so I can't login to most sites I've joined now.

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Tue May 07, 2013 2:58 am

Not to mention, this happened 2 days after an old friend of mine died in a car accident.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Tue May 07, 2013 8:31 am

Sorry about your friend.

As for the hard drive. Depending on how bad it is and how deep your wallet goes, you can get it recovered. If it's a simple fix, you'll be looking at maybe a few hundred dollars, if that.

That said, investing in a backup policy or redundancy is always a good thing.

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Tue May 07, 2013 5:25 pm

Pwolf wrote:Sorry about your friend.

As for the hard drive. Depending on how bad it is and how deep your wallet goes, you can get it recovered. If it's a simple fix, you'll be looking at maybe a few hundred dollars, if that.

That said, investing in a backup policy or redundancy is always a good thing.
Thanks man. I am looking into some ways to fix it, I mostly just want to get my music and my vegas projects back.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sat May 11, 2013 12:39 pm

Toilet in the main bathroom is clogged since my sister flushed cotton balls down. This isn't a problem for me since I have the bathroom in the master bedroom, but this is very inconsiderate for my other roommate and any guests who come over.

I've been trying to use a plunger for the past 2 hours to fix it, but to no avail. :down: :evil:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Sat May 11, 2013 8:31 pm

Castor Troy wrote:Toilet in the main bathroom is clogged since my sister flushed cotton balls down. This isn't a problem for me since I have the bathroom in the master bedroom, but this is very inconsiderate for my other roommate and any guests who come over.

I've been trying to use a plunger for the past 2 hours to fix it, but to no avail. :down: :evil:
Sounds like it may be time to call in a plumber, and bill her for whatever it costs.
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

Ematheo
Org Profile

Post by Ematheo » Sun May 12, 2013 9:50 pm

Just wrote the largest vent and it all disappeared because I took too long writing it I got logged out. I know this tend to happend so I remembered copying my text about 3/4 in so I was all "no problem I just rewrite the last part but all I got from pasting was one line?! Oh yea I forgot I copied one line to move it to another place an forgot to recopy everything. =___=

It's nearly 5 am and I have work in a few hours, I could have slept all this time instead of writing a vent that would disappear in cyberspace! Oh well.. maybe I saved me some embarrassment.
lurvtuss

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon May 13, 2013 2:53 pm

Just got word that my grandpa passed away a few hours ago. I somehow knew that was the news I was gonna get the moment I picked up the phone. Luckily, my mom had already gone over to Russia a couple of weeks ago, and was with him.

My grandpa was the person who taught me to fish, take care of plants and gardens, find things in the forest, make stuff with my hands, train cats to do jumps, chase vodka with (his very best) pickled mushrooms, and a ton of other stuff I'll never forget. In a big way, he was my connection to simple, hard-working country life. Born in a village not long after the Russian civil war, he survived German occupation, and then moved to Leningrad where he worked at the same factory for over 50 years. He most loved spending time at his tiny cabin on a tiny lake island in the Karelian Isthmus (which to this day is my favourite place in the world), which he built with his own hands, and was there as much as he could be. I hope wherever he is now, it's at least half as nice.

(pic)
Spoiler :
Bye grandpa.

And yeah, barely a couple of weeks since my step-grandfather on the other side of the family passed away. This is rough.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon May 13, 2013 2:56 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, George. :(
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Return to “General Discussion”